• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

etoilecupid

etoilecupid

Apr 14, 2024
i haven't talked to or told anyone about this, and very few have noticed (or at least i hope they haven't). i struggle with trichitilomania, and it is absolutely eating away at me. i want to die because of it so so so badly. i want to stop, but i cant, and i probably never will, and that's the worst part. i wish i wasn't born, atleast not like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, todiefor, Neowise and 1 other person
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I kinda feel you, except for me it's chewing my nails and plucking the skin on my fingers to the point it's bleeding. I've been doing it for 20 years now (I'm 28) and at this point I believe I won't be able to stop it. Apparently it's a symptom of having unsolved conflicts, stress, nervosity, tension etc. Might be similar for you. Perhaps we will have it under control once we have our other issues under control...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadbones, rozeske and todiefor
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I kinda feel you, except for me it's chewing my nails and plucking the skin on my fingers to the point it's bleeding. I've been doing it for 20 years now (I'm 28) and at this point I believe I won't be able to stop it. Apparently it's a symptom of having unsolved conflicts, , stress, nervosity, tension etc. Might be similar for you. Perhaps we will have it under control once we have our other issues under control...
That's my experience. Nail biting is one of the first warning signs that things are going wrong for me. Right now, it's the nails beyond the quick and all the surrounding skin and cuticles. It was only very recently that I noticed the pattern between stress and/or anxiety and my nail-biting and I'm in my 40s 🤦

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
Neowise

Neowise

Oct 7, 2020
it's the nails beyond the quick
After I had chipped my front teeth twice biting nails I came up with a solution, at least to the symptom. Whenever my nails grow to a certain length they start to irritate me, that's when I start biting them to shorten them. So several years back I started keeping a nail file on my desk and as soon as my nails reached a critical length I filed them short. Worked like a charm, though you can't "untrain" yourself. If I forget to file them I will bite them again, even after years of abstinence. This shows that it's not a habit, something from within forces you.

• Love
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
After I had chipped my front teeth twice biting nails I came up with a solution, at least to the symptom. Whenever my nails grow to a certain length they start to irritate me, that's when I start biting them to shorten them. So several years back I started keeping a nail file on my desk and as soon as my nails reached a critical length I filed them short. Worked like a charm, though you can't "untrain" yourself. If I forget to file them I will bite them again, even after years of abstinence. This shows that it's not a habit, something from within forces you.
Yup. Though I'm so unused to having nails beyond a certain length that I break them if I don't keep them very short anyway. It doesn't matter what my overall mood is like, I'm never the person who can help if you need someone with nails to do whatever 😂

• Love
Neowise

Neowise

Oct 7, 2020
Yup. Though I'm so unused to having nails beyond a certain length that I break them if I don't keep them very short anyway. It doesn't matter what my overall mood is like, I'm never the person who can help if you need someone with nails to do whatever 😂
Oh gosh, that feeling when picking up a piece of paper from the ground or a coint from a table becomes an impossible task :pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: Ash
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
I have NEVER had nails... Only once on the first day of 7th grade and I had them done. Bothered me so much they only lasted a day. Never been able to grow much white at all, but at least they're not ripped, clipped, and bitten down bleeding. The skin around the nail and the cuticle too. Mom would always hide the clippers😠
Tried meds.
Heavy dose of zoloft (brand name) and diazapam helped. Now off zoloft but use naltrexone for ocd.
No alcohol or drug use/abuse.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Same for me with the excessive nail biting along the added bonus of biting and peeling my lips and the inside of my mouth until they are bleeding raw. Been doing that since I could remember but was always told it's just a bad habit. 32 now and only recently realizing there's a deeper issue related to it.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Same for me with the excessive nail biting along the added bonus of biting and peeling my lips and the inside of my mouth until they are bleeding raw. Been doing that since I could remember but was always told it's just a bad habit. 32 now and only recently realizing there's a deeper issue related to it.
*deep breath*

I do that too but never told anyone before

• Hugs