WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I found a article about SS a few minutes ago and the whole time they actually thought this site is just sick people telling others to die, They actually think after being on the site and looking around that we aren't all mentally ill but instead just want to end other peoples lives and i cant wrap my head around why they would believe that its so obvious we are all struggling together to find ways out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, RainAndSadness, Sleepycat and 21 others
clavicals

clavicals

тоска
Jun 4, 2023
People don't get what it's like to truly suffer and feel helpless.

People are so quick to judge but where do you see them helping? I have picked myself up half a thousand times and told myself it's gonna be okay and that it's gonna get better, that I can't have suffered all this for nothing but no amount of mindset can change my circumstances.
We are told that we are adults and no one is coming to save us. There is only so many times someone can pick themselves up.

So they sit behind their screens in their nice supported lives and shame us for wanting a place to be safe enough to share our thoughts without being told the same recycled garbage with no actual support.

• Love
Reactions: Lammpz, moonlightwhisper, Sleepycat and 20 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@WaffleMan Would you pm me the link please? I wanna read it. Just curious.

Reactions: Homo erectus
unrest

unrest

Jun 3, 2023
lmao i just read an article abt this site not even a couple of minutes ago and there is a lot of taboo. i didn't know what to expect when joining this site, but i can say has provided me wayyyy more comfort and reassurance than any other "support" forum i've been on.
People don't get what it's like to truly suffer and feel helpless.

People are so quick to judge but where do you see them helping? I have picked myself up half a thousand times and told myself it's gonna be okay and that it's gonna get better, that I can't have suffered all this for nothing but no amount of mindset can change my circumstances.
We are told that we are adults and no one is coming to save us. There is only so many times someone can pick themselves up.

So they sit behind their screens in their nice supported lives and shame us for wanting a place to be safe enough to share our thoughts without being told the same recycled garbage with no actual support.
perfectly said

• Love
Reactions: feder, nohopeinmyheart, numbnesshuman and 6 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
The media knows that presenting both sides of this issue won't work with the general public, suicide has always been a really difficult issue to discuss. Many people who have committed suicide have had a lot of caring people around them who were willing to help, and they could have been saved, and this is what drives the negative coverage. But for many others they don't have this, and things just get worse.

• Love
Reactions: numbnesshuman, nohopeinmyheart, purity and 5 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
lmao i just read an article abt this site not even a couple of minutes ago and there is a lot of taboo. i didn't know what to expect when joining this site, but i can say has provided me wayyyy more comfort and reassurance than any other "support" forum i've been on.

perfectly said
Out of every site ive come across this is the only one thats actually open to idea of suicide and its the only site that i feel like i actually dump my emotions and be real on

• Love
Reactions: numbnesshuman, nohopeinmyheart, The anhedonic one and 5 others
unrest

unrest

Jun 3, 2023
Out of every site ive come across this is the only one thats actually open to idea of suicide and its the only site that i feel like i actually dump my emotions and be real on
exactly. i feel every other forum i have tried to get my feelings across, i just couldn't without the fear of judgment or "sounding crazy." :/

• Love
Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, The anhedonic one, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
exactly. i feel every other forum i have tried to get my feelings across, i just couldn't without the fear of judgment or "sounding crazy." :/
I feel other forums fear the press this one gets

Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, The anhedonic one, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wonder if the people writing these articles actually spend any time here. I agree though- it really upsets me as well. I wish- just for once. Just for a change- rather than sensasionalism and talk of 'death cults'- someone intelligent would write a serious paper on the benefits of being able to be utterly honest about how you feel to a supportive community- without being told you can't talk about it, being fobbed off with a bunch of platitudes or the threat of being locked up. There MUST be psychology students out there thinking about this stuff...

I agree though- I practically never see people coaxing each other on here. When people are unsure- the general consensus is- 'you're not quite ready to make that decision- this decision has to be YOURS and no one elses.'

These people actually seem to think it's realistic for suicidal people to tell other suicidal people that: 'Suicide isn't the answer! You have so much to live for! Have you tried therapy? Meds? Exercise? Journaling? Go for a walk'... yada yada yada.

I agree though- by far- the craziest suggestion is that some people here are actors getting some perverse thrill by coaxing other people to off themselves. I'm not entirely naive... this is the internet afterall... and this is a site that's going to draw in 'vulnerable' people. I'm certain not EVERYONE here is who they are pretending to be. I'm sure there ARE predators on this site. I'm sure there are law enforcement officers too. I suspect the majority of people ARE genuine though.

Suicide isn't easy. They don't seem to like this idea but I'd say most people DO put a lot of thought into it- ie. they're NOT doing it impulsively. I'd argue anyone on this site likely isn't approaching the idea impulsively. The longer someone is here- the more they are deliberating about it.

There's a lot to worry about- what method to choose- the risk of it failing- the consequences if it fails. The impact it may have on those left behind. Can we reduce that impact? The legal side of things- wills, notes, funeral/ burial/ cremation preparations. Getting our other affairs in order. Coming to terms with the questions in our head- the big stuff- is there a God? Is there life after death? Etc etc.

I wonder if they don't like it that we CAN seem to think rationally. Maybe it messes with their idea of what a suicidal person should be- presumably a manic mess who- in a fit of desperation, takes their own life. I don't know. The mind boggles.

It's clear that we think very differently to them though and that the most 'militant' of their type really just don't WANT to understand why we think like we do. They'd rather just call us dangerous monsters.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: uniqueusername39, nohopeinmyheart, purity and 9 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
"She should have better listend to her son and his sorrows." That probably could have saved his life early enough, instead of blaming a forum that is such a great refuge for so many people out there who cannot talk freely about their real problems with anyone out there.

I found SaSu not so long ago in a moment of total desperation, not via media or the like, just by searching appropriate keywords. And I'm so glad that I'm not alone with problems I can never talk to anyone else. So many others share similar life situations. And that alone helps a lot.

Also the accusation is wrong that we encourage people to CTB, I never had the feeling that anyone here doing that rather there is empathy around here everywhere.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Drinkwater77, numbnesshuman, nohopeinmyheart and 3 others
D

Deathisbetter

Student
Jun 3, 2023
"She should have better listend to her son and his sorrows." That probably could have saved his life early enough, instead of blaming a forum that is such a great refuge for so many people out there who cannot talk freely about their real problems with anyone out there.

I found SaSu not so long ago in a moment of total desperation, not via media or the like, just by searching appropriate keywords. And I'm so glad that I'm not alone with problems I can never talk to anyone else. So many others share similar life situations. And that alone helps a lot.

Also the accusation iswrong that we encourage people to CTB, I never had the feeling that anyone here doing that rather there is empathy around here everywhere.

that lady who lost her son has a facebook page called stopsanctionedsuicide She bullies people especially on this site and is always going on about Lamarcus and the other admin she has a facebook site where she takes screenshots of members and posts here and uploads it to her pages and then says awful things and her followers react and comment about how evil we are and that we will all be judged when she is the one bullying us for what happened to her son she is a hypocrite.

Reactions: numbnesshuman, nohopeinmyheart, lucines and 4 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
We're villains and victims all at the same time.

Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, myusername890 and The anhedonic one
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
The media always make articles with things that fits their propaganda etc… Just because the society sees "suicide" as bad doesn't mean it is bad… As long as this site exist, they will be articles like that. I try to stay way from all these pro life articles because I have zero interest in them and I don't benefit anything from them. Ctb and ctb methods are the only things that I'm interested in at the moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deathisbetter, nohopeinmyheart, myusername890 and 4 others
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I hope these vultures from the media get to one day walk in the shoes of the fellow sufferers on this site.
Once they know the unbearable pain that we go through they will thankfully shut the fuck up.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, nohopeinmyheart, axxxu and 2 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I don't care what the media says about this site

Reactions: Sapphire and The anhedonic one
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Any kind of delusional pro-life nonsense doesn't really interest me, I just don't care about how other people view suicide, their opinions are insignificant, I think that anything like that is best ignored and forgotten about. The fact is that none of us are obligated to continue existing and anyway wanting suicide is perfectly logical in this world and it always will be. Not everyone wants to exist here.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, nohopeinmyheart, Twiceler and 3 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
The things they say are just ignorant cruelty, it's best to try to ignore them. They won't succeed in tearing down the site, so their words are worthless.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, The anhedonic one, nohopeinmyheart and 1 other person
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I found a article about SS a few minutes ago and the whole time they actually thought this site is just sick people telling others to die, They actually think after being on the site and looking around that we aren't all mentally ill but instead just want to end other peoples lives and i cant wrap my head around why they would believe that its so obvious we are all struggling together to find ways out.
Facts don't sell well. Bias and prejudice does. That's a sad reflection on the majority of people, at whom articles like that are aimed, but unfortunately it is true.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, The anhedonic one, nohopeinmyheart and 4 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I hate how the media views sites like these. They are indeed acting in bad faith and @RainAndSadness has written many articles and rebuttals to debunk the narrative that is being pushed in those bad faith, sensational articles by major news media. It is clear that most of the media are not interested in the truth, but rather for reactions, profit (the world is driven by money no surprise), and their own self-interests.
I wonder if the people writing these articles actually spend any time here. I agree though- it really upsets me as well. I wish- just for once. Just for a change- rather than sensasionalism and talk of 'death cults'- someone intelligent would write a serious paper on the benefits of being able to be utterly honest about how you feel to a supportive community- without being told you can't talk about it, being fobbed off with a bunch of platitudes or the threat of being locked up. There MUST be psychology students out there thinking about this stuff...

I agree though- I practically never see people coaxing each other on here. When people are unsure- the general consensus is- 'you're not quite ready to make that decision- this decision has to be YOURS and no one elses.'

These people actually seem to think it's realistic for suicidal people to tell other suicidal people that: 'Suicide isn't the answer! You have so much to live for! Have you tried therapy? Meds? Exercise? Journaling? Go for a walk'... yada yada yada.

I agree though- by far- the craziest suggestion is that some people here are actors getting some perverse thrill by coaxing other people to off themselves. I'm not entirely naive... this is the internet afterall... and this is a site that's going to draw in 'vulnerable' people. I'm certain not EVERYONE here is who they are pretending to be. I'm sure there ARE predators on this site. I'm sure there are law enforcement officers too. I suspect the majority of people ARE genuine though.

Suicide isn't easy. They don't seem to like this idea but I'd say most people DO put a lot of thought into it- ie. they're NOT doing it impulsively. I'd argue anyone on this site likely isn't approaching the idea impulsively. The longer someone is here- the more they are deliberating about it.

There's a lot to worry about- what method to choose- the risk of it failing- the consequences if it fails. The impact it may have on those left behind. Can we reduce that impact? The legal side of things- wills, notes, funeral/ burial/ cremation preparations. Getting our other affairs in order. Coming to terms with the questions in our head- the big stuff- is there a God? Is there life after death? Etc etc.

I wonder if they don't like it that we CAN seem to think rationally. Maybe it messes with their idea of what a suicidal person should be- presumably a manic mess who- in a fit of desperation, takes their own life. I don't know. The mind boggles.

It's clear that we think very differently to them though and that the most 'militant' of their type really just don't WANT to understand why we think like we do. They'd rather just call us dangerous monsters.
Well written and your post highlights almost all, if not all the major challenges that we SaSu members (not the fake pro-lifers, law enforcement, or bad actors, but genuine members) face on a day to day basis.

Also, the part bolded in red is one of the biggest reasons why I don't really even talk about the subject in real life nor try to educate people on it. At the minimum it is a waste of time and energy since it will just go over their heads with no real effort to understand it, result in more infantilization, preachiness, and continued lecturing about how life is great. Last but not least, the risk of scrutiny and examination/investigation by others into ones' own life, coupled with questioning one's own sanity as well as personal attacks, up to and including incarceration is further discouragement from even engaging in conversation (in real life) with respect to the right to die.

• Love
Reactions: RainAndSadness, Deathisbetter, The anhedonic one and 6 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
that lady who lost her son has a facebook page called stopsanctionedsuicide She bullies people especially on this site and is always going on about Lamarcus and the other admin she has a facebook site where she takes screenshots of members and posts here and uploads it to her pages and then says awful things and her followers react and comment about how evil we are and that we will all be judged when she is the one bullying us for what happened to her son she is a hypocrite.
I found the page she actively is trying to get the site shutdown. Its clear she simply doesn't understand where we come from

Reactions: Deathisbetter, Praestat_Mori, The anhedonic one and 2 others
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I find this forum very invisible, unless one searches with very specific terms. In that case the person is already suicidal.

Some people may know this forum from their friends. Then it is a problem about friends, not the existent of a forum.

I think this site is analogous to some risky sports or hobbies. People don't criticize many extreme sports that kill people at high ratios. In fact they enjoy watching dangerous activities, going to their shows, buying their products, magazines, attracting more untalented people to join those sports for fame, vanity and money, causing more deaths. At the same time, they want to ban people merely seeking to end suffering in a peaceful and comfortable way. Clearly they just want to see people die a long, painful and suffering death, in the name of prolife.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, Praestat_Mori, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
A

angelicisight

Jun 4, 2023
I think it's a dark place here. Sometimes darkness does bring death, and nobody wants that to be true. They want to be able to do wrong. They want to create oppressive systems that takes advantage of the masses. They want to continue allow outrageous inequalities not even to secure their wellbeing but to satiate their ego, and then they just want everyone to be okay with it. They want those under the weight of oppression to be happy and content with what they have. They don't want anyone to just be like "Nah. This isn't for me. I'm out." They don't want that, and so they demonize people who are okay with people making that decision for themselves.

Now they do it under the pretense of protecting innocent children. Listen, I am all for protecting children. I took care of kids for seven years. I dealt with children, mom overdosed, dad was murdered, parents split up, addicted, borderline homelessness. You want to protect children? You talk about things with them. You control the conversation. I've seen people on here. Yeah some great people. Some people I would never want talking to any child I am responsible for, but I can't control everything, so instead I can prepare them and establish healthy lines of communication. That's what I always did with the kids, and they told me everything. I got kids telling me things they wouldn't tell their own mom, and I wasn't exactly comforting them all the time about it though sometimes that's needed. Sometimes they are killing themselves with what they got in their head, they set themselves up to be a failure in society and I would tell them that.

I remember a third grader major emotional issues. I told him to tie his shoes. He asked me why, and I told him "You got to be able to do the little things before you can do the big things. Do you want to be a failure? Do you want to be a nobody?" He said no, and so I told him to tie his shoes because you got to start somewhere. Never saw someone tie their shoes so quick, but I mean he just needed to value discipline because I knew with whatever was going on in his personal life he wouldn't make it without it. I could tell.

Anyways, the point is I totally understand caring about kids. That valid, but that's not how you care about kids. That's caring about your own ego and being able to tell yourself you're a good father. That's not actually being a good father or mother. You got to prepare them and keep healthy communication going. You don't shut down any voice that could be bad for them to hear. That's not realistic.

But that's the talking point. A lot of them don't even care about that point beyond the reality it is effective in swaying opinions. A lot of them just push their own narratives of morality because that narrative got them in power. They want to keep it that way. They don't want to continue to let the next generation develop it. They don't want to hear what's next. They want things to stay where they are at so they can enjoy their own prosperity as long as possible despite the weight it is putting on others.

I'll always consider it to be a bad decision to take your own life. However there are real consequences to a broken society. You can't fix everything, and you shouldn't hide what isn't working right. We should be able to see it. We should be able to see every time society has failed its people, and we should know the failures around us by name. There shouldn't be any hiding it because it doesn't get better that way. Leaving people blind and in the darkness won't make the underlying issues better. But if you don't have to experience it then maybe it's easier to convince yourself it's not real, and the number it is real for is hopefully a small enough stat it doesn't effect the economy. Maybe that's it, but it's so wrong.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and nohopeinmyheart
purity

purity

May 28, 2023
i genuinely want a good coverage of this site. pros and cons. the media only makes superficial arguments and it's infuriating. they won't even listen to us because they think we're all mentally unaware and incapable of assessing our situations accurately.

Reactions: Deathisbetter, Praestat_Mori, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
i genuinely want a good coverage of this site. pros and cons. the media only makes superficial arguments and it's infuriating. they won't even listen to us because they think we're all mentally unaware and incapable of assessing our situations accurately.
I found this site through a video only showing the absolute worst it could but after actually finding the site i found that the community is a lot more caring than news/YouTube coverage says it is

Reactions: The anhedonic one, Deathisbetter and Praestat_Mori
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
cause they are idiots who don't understand why people commit suicide