Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
People love to ask what we do and in most cases it's just because they have been conditioned by society to think this way but also they are a bunch of nosy gossiping fucks! We're expected to have a full time job and generally looked down upon if we don't. Of course we are alive so we must occupy our time with something, and we must have money, however working is not for everyone. We never asked to be here in the first place, or signed up for a lifetime consisting of endless suffering and shit work. I will not be a slave and would rather die!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: nux_walpurgis, bipolar22, not-2-b-the-answer and 22 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Life is a never-ending nightmare if you weren't properly raised and consequently didn't find a productive position in society that you can be comfortable in and happy with. Not having a place to fit into as "homo faber" is almost worse than the poverty you will be faced with as a result. The lower standard of living is almost as bad as coming to identify with poverty, which is almost as bad as others reducing you to a pathetic and/or despised subhuman in the sad category of "poor". No, there is nothing to hold onto once you fall through the cracks. Just falling asleep and never waking up. That is all that is left.

Reactions: bipolar22, sserafim, jbear824 and 12 others
Eyler

Eyler

Cingulomania spark
Aug 11, 2023
While I do agree upon your words, let me say a few things.

Society has changed and changed over such big changes, so why don't we make a big change? True, most people would say that but we can't do anything whatsoever right?

Society has compelled you into a position where you have to work, and I mean it, work your ass off to have a place somewhere in this world.

If you don't, you're rejected and denied from everyone, what doesn't make sense, is how people also judge what type of profession U have.

It's so stupid, like you said all they do is gossip and love it, people love the downfall of someone and it's absolutely upsetting.

Sometimes, most people would motivate you to keep going, or convince you to not give up but really, it doesn't help usually.

So I'll say this, you either give up and let yourself fall into a spiral of shame, or you either continue, Upsetting but not much u could do.

I mean this in the most good words, I apologize if I word it wrong.. I'm not the greatest to wording things.

I'll do hope all goes for you, may you be well fortune at least once.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, MeltingBrain, Passersby and 2 others
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: phantom-retreat, TapeMachine, heavyeyes and 4 others
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Modern day slavery. We've got just enough money to survive, but not enough money to truly live.

If you're one of the few people who managed to build up a retirement, good job, you have 5 years left to live but you'll be too old to actually enjoy it.
If you don't have a retirement, well... you'll just work till the day you die.
Either way, you live like a slave, until till you die.

I see some solutions to these problems, but there are not many. Most will fail and just die as a slave.

• Hugs
Reactions: bipolar22, sserafim, Harrow and 2 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
This is one of the main causes of my depression, that there is no real path to "success." In order to make a lot of money, I would have to slave away at pointless tasks that I hate, while taking on a fake persona and quite possibly engaging in unethical behavior (even a simple job application/interview is stacking lies on top of lies). That's not a success at all, so to me there has never been a point to doing anything. Not to mention it's impossible to be happy in this horrible world full of suffering, which I view as a zero (or even negative) sum game. You would have to be mentally ill to be happy in these conditions.

Reactions: bipolar22, sserafim, TapeMachine and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
We never asked to be here in the first place, or signed up for a lifetime consisting of endless suffering and shit work. I will not be a slave and would rather die!
Me too. Yet the society doesn't accept this and enforces their crazy ideology on us, making us stay alive and be a slave for them.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Harrow and Passersby
I

I'mdone77

Aug 27, 2023
I hate it too because I want to have a career that's related to my hobbies. All I've ever worked are construction jobs and restaurants jobs.

• Love
Reactions: Passersby
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I feel you. Fuck that shit. A person's worth should not be measured as to whether or not they have a job or can work. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying I don't want to work until I die. That's not a life

Reactions: sserafim, jbear824 and Passersby
dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
when people ask me that question i just answer "yea im hoping to do something with gig work" which is my way of saying "fuck u id rather eat garbage in a cave than work a 9-5"

Reactions: Passersby, heavyeyes and NumbItAll
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
LITERALLY! I hate this so much. This is honestly the thing I hate and detest the most about existence and society. Why should we have to work until we die? Why should we even have to pay to be on this planet? I didn't even ask to be here!!
Life is a never-ending nightmare if you weren't properly raised and consequently didn't find a productive position in society that you can be comfortable in and happy with. Not having a place to fit into as "homo faber" is almost worse than the poverty you will be faced with as a result. The lower standard of living is almost as bad as coming to identify with poverty, which is almost as bad as others reducing you to a pathetic and/or despised subhuman in the sad category of "poor". No, there is nothing to hold onto once you fall through the cracks. Just falling asleep and never waking up. That is all that is left.
I hate not fitting into society. Society wasn't built for people like me. I hate being neurodivergent and wish that I could just fit into this world. Honestly, I hate even having to be a part of society. Society has no place for people like me, yet my existence depends on society. I need society to live, yet society has done nothing for me. It's only shunned and ostracized people like me and made our lives miserable. I wish I could just live in the woods far away from civilization and the rest of the world…

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Passersby
E

eternal.peace

Sep 15, 2023
We never asked to be here in the first place, or signed up for a lifetime consisting of endless suffering and shit work. I will not be a slave and would rather die!
Ugh agreed 😩 I think about this so often and it contributes to my suicidal thoughts so much. This is not how life should be. I am so curious how my outlook and mental health might be different if society looked different.

Reactions: Passersby and sserafim
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
I don't understand this at all either. Whenever I explain how I feel about careers and having no ambition I get outright insulted by family. I don't see how they are content at all. They hate their jobs and are stuck in them until they die at this point or until they can't physically do anyrhing. I'm mid 20s now and nothings changed I still hold the same views I was meant to "grow out of".

Reactions: sserafim and Passersby