dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
context: i went to my cousin's graduation party and it was fine. I hate how skinny their side of the family is though, they seriously look like models and almost look anorexic with sharp jawlines, small noses, pretty eyeshapes, and thin arms and the worst part is they have hourglass body types. Im an upside down triangle and i hate it, in middle school i wanted to get buff so i lifted weights and all that shit and now i have these ugly ass thick arms with broad asf shoulders. doesnt help that broad shoulders run on my dad's side. i dont have a thigh gap and my aunt's cousin called me 'skinny-fat' and i wish i could just fast for a few days at a time to be pretty and skinny like the V side of the family. I cant because my mom would obviously find out and be pissed and disappointed about yet another thing about me. I can't wait until next semester so i can just skip lunch and dinner. i hate spending more time with my mom than what i have to.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lazyegg, not-2-b-the-answer, ThatStateOfMind and 1 other person
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I'm the exact opposite but I still understand how it feels. I'm a short, small guy (5'8, 115 lbs) and my family calls me all kinds of things for my size. I don't have much support to offer as I struggle with this myself. I can say, try not to let it get to you, their opinions of you doesn't matter, nor does it define your worth. If you ever want to talk about it privately, don't hesitate to try and message me. If anything, I can try to lend an ear to listen to your struggle, and try to help.

Also, try not to starve yourself, it will just make things worse. I did it when I was chunkier and gave myself body dysmorphia.

PS: Your aunt's cousin is a POS

Reactions: ApparentlyNot
dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
I'm the exact opposite but I still understand how it feels. I'm a short, small guy (5'8, 115 lbs) and my family calls me all kinds of things for my size. I don't have much support to offer as I struggle with this myself. I can say, try not to let it get to you, their opinions of you doesn't matter, nor does it define your worth. If you ever want to talk about it privately, don't hesitate to try and message me. If anything, I can try to lend an ear to listen to your struggle, and try to help.

Also, try not to starve yourself, it will just make things worse. I did it when I was chunkier and gave myself body dysmorphia.

PS: Your aunt's cousin is a POS
thanks, and no one other than my aunt's cousin said anything and im sure she meant it as a compliment. Everyone there aside from a couple of people were beyond nice. already have body dysmorphia, from what everyone tells me im pretty and whatever (5'0, 100lbs) but i dont see it.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
thanks, and no one other than my aunt's cousin said anything and im sure she meant it as a compliment. Everyone there aside from a couple of people were beyond nice. already have body dysmorphia, from what everyone tells me im pretty and whatever (5'0, 100lbs) but i dont see it.
Ahh okay, well that's good. I'm so glad people are being nice to you. I'm sorry you have body dysmorphia. If it's any consolation, I'm sure you are pretty and your weight is normal for your height. Comparison is always the thief of joy.

I apologize for misreading the situation.

BBY

BBY

Done for.
Feb 18, 2023
Bro I feel you- i feel so damn jealous but also bad because I know how terrible their eating is. You're not alone in feeling this way. Hopefully, you can love your body the way it is one day <<33