• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
It feels like there is no freedom, just the illusion of it.

Cost of living means that most people in shared homes HAVE to work. There are fewer and fewer households with stay at home parents because its just not possible for them.

To be able to afford some luxuries you practically have to work full time, and even then there's little time to just enjoy your time off because you work so many hours.

Taxes, rent, skyrocketing energy bills,

I hate how everything is forced. We HAVE to work. We HAVE to pay taxes. I mean, I get why we do, but I hate it how forced it is. I hate that we are born into this.

Sometimes I just look at the sky and I think how crazy it is that we are in this planet...surrounded by billions of other galaxies. And we're just sat working ourselves to death.

How we share this earth, but there are laws that you can't go over an invisible border, or can't just wild camp because you're on owned land.

I think most people hate the idea of waking up every morning and needing to work 40 hours a week to make ends meet. After that much time + commute + everything there's just not a lot of time left in the week.

The double income requirement for a household is literally the stupidest thing ever. Like there are people I know that have to work two jobs to make ends meet, and since they both work they also have to pay an enormous amount for child care and the system is rigged against us.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
It feels like there is no freedom, just the illusion of it.

Cost of living means that most people in shared homes HAVE to work. There are fewer and fewer households with stay at home parents because its just not possible for them.

To be able to afford some luxuries you practically have to work full time, and even then there's little time to just enjoy your time off because you work so many hours.

Taxes, rent, skyrocketing energy bills,

I hate how everything is forced. We HAVE to work. We HAVE to pay taxes. I mean, I get why we do, but I hate it how forced it is. I hate that we are born into this.

Sometimes I just look at the sky and I think how crazy it is that we are in this planet...surrounded by billions of other galaxies. And we're just sat working ourselves to death.

How we share this earth, but there are laws that you can't go over an invisible border, or can't just wild camp because you're on owned land.

I think most people hate the idea of waking up every morning and needing to work 40 hours a week to make ends meet. After that much time + commute + everything there's just not a lot of time left in the week.

The double income requirement for a household is literally the stupidest thing ever. Like there are people I know that have to work two jobs to make ends meet, and since they both work they also have to pay an enormous amount for child care and the system is rigged against us.
That's the UK for you. The poorer are getting poorer. People relying on Universal credit and only been given crumbs.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
yes the uk is a shithole, i am on universal credit and i struggle every month with money and have to go without things
I wasn't entitled while I was sick because my partner earns too much money. I got pip, that's all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover
Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
When I need to work to leave peacefully, it tells me how fucked up existence is. As if we were forced to exist - but at the same time we don't deserve to exist, because we need to enslave ourselves to even survive. The only obligation we have then would be to suffer.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't understand those who say that adulthood is freedom. I don't really see any freedom in this at all. It's madness as to how many people are okay with their lives as it is and, on top of that, they even tend to have this "crabs in a bucket" mentality to where they want others to suffer like them just because they have to suffer

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
The sad thing is that there is no true freedom though, we're all slaves to our needs, capitalism, money, society, and the system. I think that people believe that they have freedom, but this isn't the case. They only have the illusion of freedom
I don't understand those who say that adulthood is freedom. I don't really see any freedom in this at all. It's madness as to how many people are okay with their lives as it is and, on top of that, they even tend to have this "crabs in a bucket" mentality to where they want others to suffer like them just because they have to suffer
Adulthood is the opposite of freedom

Reactions: divinemistress36