• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Everyone nowadays on the modern internet has to be so secret so no one can show their faces or real names I feel like I live in a simulation and the people responding my posts are just NPC´s (none playable characters)

I miss back when people weren´t as afraid to get "doxed" I just want to talk to real human being you know :aw:

Reactions: Beautifulletdown, 21Neberg, anelakapu and 10 others
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
I think a fair amount of people have shown their faces on the picture thread...more than I would have expected on a forum such as this, anyway.

Reactions: 21Neberg, brighter, Jupiter and 3 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I think a fair amount of people have shown their faces on the picture thread...more than I would have expected on a forum such as this, anyway.
I didn´t realize there was pictures thread. But still the internet has become so big in the last 10 years so no one can be open anymore because your internet history can become you identity.

Reactions: Othermind, 21Neberg, brighter and 3 others
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I didn´t realize there was pictures thread. But still the internet has become so big in the last 10 years so no one can be open anymore because your internet history can become you identity.

I think its somewhat good to be especially more careful now
There's a LOT more danger now than there was back then

And also, i didnt know there was a pictures thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: 21Neberg, Redt2go, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
But still the internet has become so big in the last 10 years so no one can be open anymore because your internet history can become you identity.

True, though I'm pretty much past the point of caring what my online identity is tbh, feels good.

Reactions: 21Neberg, Redt2go, lemmeeleev and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I think its somewhat good to be especially more careful now
There's a LOT more danger now than there was back then

And also, i didnt know there was a pictures thread!
Yeah and it sucks we are so surveillanced nowadays that we can´t do shit either on the internet or out doors without a camera or someone online sees it I HATE it! I want the old innocent internet back!

True, though I'm pretty much past the point of caring what my online identity is tbh, feels good.
Me too I have doxxed myself to several people know but I know I will ctb soon so fuck it but still I hate talking to machines without a face I want to talk to real people I want intimacy!

Reactions: ForestLove, 21Neberg, wannabesetfree and 3 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Everyone nowadays on the modern internet has to be so secret so no one can show their faces or real names I feel like I live in a simulation and the people responding my posts are just NPC´s (none playable characters)

I miss back when people weren´t as afraid to get "doxed" I just want to talk to real human being you know :aw:
Back then the times were different I know what you mean though

Reactions: 21Neberg, brighter and Redt2go
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
Identity is what you use to hide away from the actually important things.

Reactions: ForestLove, 21Neberg and brighter
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I like the option.

Reactions: 21Neberg, RottenOdysseus and Redt2go
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
Actual important things are likely defined by the society they exist within. The identity of a citizen as an example.
Society isn't important - mass society is an distraction. Most - if not all - the problems in this "civilized" world that we live in comes from the fact that the hyper-industrial system that dictates our lives leave us with almost zero autonomy, thus provoking evolutionary maladaptations and rampant pressures. Even political activism isn't nothing more than a surrogate activity that people - deluded by the modern illusion of "self" - partake in to try and aliviate their feelings of inferiority or just to comply to some latent need for moral obedience.

Be it through the struggles of fighting for a cause, or the directive identity created arround some ideology, identifying with these cultural delusions is not important. Extending your "self" throughout ideological systems is a way of coping with the sense of hopelessness brought upon you by civilization.

Saying that identity politics and culture are relevant is the same as saying that antidepressants can assure your fundamental well-functioning. You're looking at a symptom here. Your inexplicable defectiveness caused by yaers of domestication and alienation is the main issue to be paying attention to, not identity.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Society isn't important - mass society is an distraction. Most - if not all - the problems in this "civilized" world that we live in comes from the fact that the hyper-industrial system that dictates our lives leave us with almost zero autonomy, thus provoking evolutionary maladaptations and rampant pressures. Even political activism isn't nothing more than a surrogate activity that people - deluded by the modern illusion of "self" - partake in to try and aliviate their feelings of inferiority or just to comply to some latent need for moral obedience.

Be it through the struggles of fighting for a cause, or the directive identity created arround some ideology, identifying with these cultural delusions is not important. Extending your "self" throughout ideological systems is a way of coping with the sense of hopelessness brought upon you by civilization.

Saying that identity politics and culture are relevant is the same as saying that antidepressants can assure your fundamental well-functioning. You're looking at a symptom here. Your inexplicable defectiveness caused by yaers of domestication and alienation is the main issue to be paying attention to, not identity.

I think there was a miscommunication. What I was referring to by citizen identity would be those things you mention including political activism being a channel of agency. It is the identity of a particular role within a particular society. The important things are relevant to the specific society.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redt2go
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I think there was a miscommunication. What I was referring to by citizen identity would be those things you mention including political activism being a channel of agency. It is the identity of a particular role within a particular society. The important things are relevant to the specific society.

I loved sociology

Reactions: waived
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Yeah I miss the old internet. I kinda wish smart phones were never invented or that the internet was never a feature for smart phones. I miss the old internet, I really do. I also think the old internet had less trolls and was just less toxic overall.

• Love
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, RottenOdysseus, Cookiedough8956 and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Though I don't know anyone's face on here - I know they're real people with real problems and it makes me feel better to have a place with like minded people.

Reactions: TheCrow, Redt2go, odette and 1 other person
Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018

Yeah, I know what you mean. The "old internet" used to be compartmentalized, as in someone would dedicate a portion of their time to it and that was it. It was mostly separate from their personal life and occupied its own niche.
Now it's invaded all of your time and space; wherever you go, whatever you do you're always connected to the internet in some way so it starts to bleed into your personal life and vice versa.
It kinda sucks, but there isn't much we can do about it.

Reactions: Redt2go, Chlo and TheGoodGuy