sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I hate having Asperger's. ASD is literally the main reason why I'm suicidal. I hate my lack of social skills and my inability to communicate effectively with people. I was able to cope and mask until the real world, where you have to talk to people and interact with them just to make a living. Asperger's is holding me back from having a successful job, career, and life. I just suck at interacting with people and social interaction. I just don't get people. I hate all of the unspoken rules to social interaction. I hate having to participate in society, which wasn't built for people like me. I wasn't made for society, yet I'm still expected to participate in it.

I hate the fact that there are no rules that you can just follow every time, it's all instinctive and dependent on the situation. I hate the fact that I wasn't given the innate guidebook to socializing that neurotypicals have.

Asperger's/autism is literally a curse in this social-oriented world, where social interaction is necessary to survive. I don't belong in this world and I hate having to live in it. I honestly feel like I'm not meant for this world. I feel like an alien.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wheretfami, Iguazu, lwlaiet8887 and 20 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Yeah it's not fun I have it too

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Iguazu, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I hate the fact that there actually are no rules, it's all instinctive and dependent on the situation. I hate the fact that I wasn't given the innate guidebook to socializing that neurotypicals have.
This is spot on (I got Aspergers too)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
AncientSorrow

AncientSorrow

Trapped in a decaying flesh prison
Jun 1, 2023
I have it as well, I feel like an alien that has landed with a spaceship from another planet. Observing humans.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah it's not fun I have it too
The thing I hate the most is that there's no reason to have it. It just makes your life miserable. I also have ADHD so my executive function is shit due to these two conditions.
I have it as well, I feel like an alien that has landed with a spaceship from another planet. Observing humans.
Literally! Ever since I was young, I've always felt out of place, like an outsider. I always felt like I was just pretending to be human, and that I was an imposter. I've never even felt like a real human tbh. Humans honestly seem like a foreign species to me.
This is spot on (I got Aspergers too)
I hate the fact that we're expected to live in neurotypical society. Ugh I really wish I had the guidebook to social interaction. I don't know why we had to be born without it. I also hate the fact that for other people it's natural, they just know. They didn't need to be taught it. For us it'll always be second nature. My life would be so much easier if just had the guide

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and binturong
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I hate having Asperger's. ASD is literally the main reason why I'm suicidal. I hate my lack of social skills and my inability to communicate effectively with people. I was able to cope and mask until the real world, where you have to talk to people and interact with them just to make a living. Asperger's is holding me back from having a successful job, career, and life. I just suck at interacting with people and social interaction. I just don't get people. I hate all of the unspoken rules to social interaction. I hate having to participate in society, which wasn't built for people like me. I wasn't made for society, yet I'm still expected to participate in it.

I hate the fact that there are no rules that you can just follow every time, it's all instinctive and dependent on the situation. I hate the fact that I wasn't given the innate guidebook to socializing that neurotypicals have.

Asperger's/autism is literally a curse in this social-oriented world, where social interaction is necessary to survive. I don't belong in this world and I hate having to live in it. I honestly feel like I'm not meant for this world. I feel like an alien.
Maybe try a kind-of flow chart~ tbh, I'm no good at socializing either, so I can't really help! >_< Well, people say I'm good, but nobody likes me, so I'm clearly not! :/ The nice thing is that one doesn't have to talk to people if they don't want to in their free time, but you can't really thrive without that either! :/

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Maybe try a kind-of flow chart~ tbh, I'm no good at socializing either, so I can't really help! >_< Well, people say I'm good, but nobody likes me, so I'm clearly not! :/ The nice thing is that one doesn't have to talk to people if they don't want to in their free time, but you can't really thrive without that either! :/
Yeah but the issue is that I'm gonna have to talk to people to live in this world. It's inevitable. I'm going to have to participate in society and interact with others, it's necessary for my survival and for me to exist 😭 ugh honestly I hate being a human.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
Yeah but the issue is that I'm gonna have to talk to people to live in this world. It's inevitable. I'm going to have to participate in society, it's necessary for my survival and for me to exist 😭 ugh honestly I hate being a human.
Most organisms are social creatures tbh tho~ >_< That being said, I bet you'd love to be one of those Chukchi reindeer herders or a polar bear! :D both are very cold but also very isolated! :)

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Most organisms are social creatures tbh tho~ >_< That being said, I bet you'd love to be one of those Chukchi reindeer herders or a polar bear! :D both are very cold but also very isolated! :)
Lol hopefully in the next life. I honestly think my biggest problem is being a human being. I think I could be a different social animal, just not a human. I heard that for people with Asperger's/autism they're in their first few human lives, or are completely new to being human. Maybe I was a dolphin or cat in my past life or something and this is my first human life…

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
Lol hopefully in the next life. I honestly think my biggest problem is being a human being. I think I could be a different social animal, just not a human. I heard that for people with Asperger's/autism they're in their first few human lives, or are completely new to being human. Maybe I was a dolphin or cat in my past life or something and this is my first human life…
ahh, makes sense, yes! :) Other social animals don't have to deal with all this much complex socializing, relationship building, networking (I HATE that concept! :/), etc. as humans do! >_< Having been a dolphin or a cat would be both cool and cute! :3

• Hugs
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I hate this condition. Having an NT twin is next-level pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023

Earlier on in my life as a teenager, I could never figure out why people viewed me as somewhat " different ". I also felt very alienated from people in general because I didn't think like them, and just couldn't fit in no matter how hard I tried.
Everything was an act for me in order to try and be one of the herd, yet I could never manage to convince the so-called " normal people " that I was worthy of their attention or affection.
In my early twenties I was diagnosed with aspergers, clinical depression and bipolar 1 ( Oh lucky me ! ).
Eventually I just gave up on trying to fit in and decided to be my true self because trying to live a lie is much more difficult than just letting go and being yourself.
So sorry you are going through this, I can relate all too well to the nightmare of what you experience.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I hate the fact that we're expected to live in neurotypical society. Ugh I really wish I had the guidebook to social interaction. I don't know why we had to be born without it. I also hate the fact that for other people it's natural, they just know. They didn't need to be taught it. For us it'll always be second nature. My life would be so much easier if just had the guide
It´s like they didn´t code normal social interaction into our avatars when they created the Matrix so we are bugged and this avatar of mine need some patches asap.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
angel444

angel444

sometimes i dont understand ...
Sep 29, 2023
i feel u. my asd is probably one of the main causes why my life is so screwed up, especially growing up being undiagnosed and not knowing whats wrong with me. its lead me to alot of abuse growing up and being alienated and bullied in school. also just all the other problems that come with having asd alone and how it can make u develop mental disorders and problems. it hurts.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, TheGoodGuy and 1 other person
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023

My son is diagnosed autistic and I hate the way the world (and myself) have not been given that 'guidebook'. As a mother I want so much to understand and alleviate his struggles but I know I never can. Best I can hope for I think, is to just make it slightly easier for him.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I have schizoid personality disorder which is similar to autism in some ways. I hate that I must socialize in this world and I don't know how not desire it. I feel like a ghost in this world and I'll never fully live or experience basic joys of human interaction

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, darkenmydoorstep and 1 other person
M

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023

It must be tough. I was never formally diagnosed, but I've always wondered if I had a mild form. My youngest son was diagnosed and during the process, I brushed off a lot of his behavior as "well, I used to do that" kind of thing. But then he did get officially diagnosed. It's been very tough, I wish there was more I could do to help him. He's very deadset on thinking he's a cat. I try to make his life easier but the social dynamic he struggles with, I'm helpless to help him.

While I personally don't struggle with social situations, I have really bad social anxiety. I'm just really good at bullshitting and faking it. But sometimes my brain just shuts down and I can't hold convo or make eye contact. Creates some awkward situations where people know me for being social and always in a good mood. But unfortunately, I imagine Asperger's being like those moments x2 except 24/7. Hope your able to find the support you need. Can always chat with us judgement free. Take care ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, darkenmydoorstep and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also have autism and I certainly see myself as not being meant to exist in this cruel, dreadful world, existing has always been something very tiresome and unappealing for me, I also hate having to exist here.

• Hugs
Reactions: AncientSorrow, WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and 1 other person
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Yeah Asperger's really fucked me up too, it really hindered me in life, socially, learning at school and at work, which now led to the eventual blacklisting of me by previous employers, along with the no girlfriends i had. Really time to ctb for me

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
What happens in Asperger's that makes it difficult to interact socially ?

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Never been diagnosed with anything but I'm certainly not NT, I genuinely feel like an alien in comparison to most other people. I have really niche/next to no interests, (I'm extremely picky when it comes to the kind of things I consume media wise) hate socializing with most people and have no friends, find humanity as a whole really of putting, people somehow recognize me as outcast and I enjoy living like a hermit, I find life very unsatisfying, I'm innately contrarian but maybe that's just a personality quirk. I have very good social skills though and next to no social anxiety but that's because I had to cultivate it myself by working past the extreme social anxiety that I used to have, The thing I hate most about NT is when they get mad at me for not talking but never ask me anything, it's like they except me to start monologuing for some reason and I should be talkative with a bunch of people I have no interest in? Has happened to me a bunch in my life for whatever reason. Or they say I'm miserable and depressed for just doing my job or sitting there saying nothing. I really don't understand why people are like this, and even if someone is miserable or depressed why does it affect you and why can't someone have valid reasons to be reserved or "miserable and "depressed" as they'd put it.

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
I believe I have Asperger's too as several professionals have suggested that I do but my parents were always obsessed with me appearing 'normal' and disregarded any concerns from teachers as racism or something stupid. Now I'm left with a damaged self-esteem due to years of feeling like an alien and also feel like a failure for dropping out despite having lots of academic potential. The environment was excruciating to be in especially since certain symptoms couldn't really be explained by certain disorders on my student mental health plan. I get it's a dated term but I find that nobody takes me seriously if I bring up autism since they perceive it to be something entirely different but I suppose I can relate to the more stereotypical image of Asperger's Syndrome irl. I mostly just sit at home and fear for the future knowing full well I will not do well in the real world. I mean at my last workplace, I kept experiencing sensory overload and was a bit of an outsider due to my strange nature. Just want to be free of it all tbh

Reactions: RURIRA