Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
A couple just got married and the picture of them on "their" day, the center of attention, starting a perfect life....blah blah...just made me hate them. Then, they drove off in a golf cart to start their wedding night.

Then, a drunk 25 year old woman rams into them killing the bride.

A go fund me has raised over 600,000 for the surviving husband. Wtf?

There is a part of me that resents the bride's happiness and I'm almost glad this happened. And I'm sick of people immediately making go fund mes to beg for help. The rest of us live with pain and suffer every day. We don't beg for money to make others pay to reduce our suffering.

Reactions: WaitingToGo
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I think genuinely happy people rank somewhere on the psychopathic spectrum (because who but a lunatic would be happy amidst so much despair), but I'm rarely pleased by another person's pain.

I'd love nothing more than for all of it to stop.

My number one peeve regarding existence is how our well-being can be impacted by another person's actions.

Who knows where the chain of unfortunate events set off by that drunk driver will end.

I hate that kind of shit. I hate that more than anything.

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I find people who are happy for no reason annoying. I want a reason to be happy, a purpose in this world.

Reactions: lotus11
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
People don't really fit broadly into categories of happy and unhappy. Normally, lives have ups and downs. Every bitter divorce was once a happy marriage. Every death was once a birth. So it goes.

I struggle to interact with people who have had sheltered lives and occasionally I do feel jealousy. Though I don't actually wish harm on anyone. I just wish for a minimum standard of quality of life or an option to exit in a dignified manner.

• Love
Reactions: houseofleaves, Wkoncuodejde, msocks and 6 others
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Happy people hate downer people. It's a cycle of hate.

Reactions: _Minsk
C

ComingUpRoses

Mar 5, 2023
Rather than hatred, I feel envy. I think it's wonderful that there are people who can truly find a way to enjoy their lives. I find our situation quite tragic; we're only here once to experience life, yet the cards we were dealt left us without any happiness or fulfillment.

Though I'd find it difficult to donate to a GoFundMe as it just feels kind of tacky, I do feel for the surviving husband as he lost two of the things I desire the most; love and happiness.

Reactions: houseofleaves, StolenLife, kifkif and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Happiness is just a delusion, it would be irrational to be happy in this harmful world filled with endless risks and potential for extreme suffering. I believe that humans are never satisfied anyway, I bet that those people who appear to be content are just pretending, we can never know the full extent of how others suffer as we are incapable of experiencing existence in the same way, we are all alone as humans trapped within our own thoughts.

But I envy the person who died as they are free from all future harms, they were fortunate to not end up horrifically injured.

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress
illmissmydogthatsit

illmissmydogthatsit

May 12, 2023
Happy people annoy me. They lack empathy because they have never known true suffering. I told a friend once I was getting ketamine therapy for depression and she was like, "oh cool!" Like oh cool, I get to do drugs or smth.... happy people are so truly ignorant. Could've throttled her. Like bitch I'm standing on the precipice of death, that's why I need K therapy (and it did nothing). I really cannot stand happy people. When they're stupid and happy it's even worse. They're like nonplayer characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiredofit25
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
A couple just got married and the picture of them on "their" day, the center of attention, starting a perfect life....blah blah...just made me hate them. Then, they drove off in a golf cart to start their wedding night.

Then, a drunk 25 year old woman rams into them killing the bride.

A go fund me has raised over 600,000 for the surviving husband. Wtf?

There is a part of me that resents the bride's happiness and I'm almost glad this happened. And I'm sick of people immediately making go fund mes to beg for help. The rest of us live with pain and suffer every day. We don't beg for money to make others pay to reduce our suffering.
Eh I don't really bother with other people's happiness anymore. Thinking about them just makes me more depressed. Of course if I'm stuck interacting with them regularly then there's little I can do

Reactions: houseofleaves