Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
We don't see eye to eye how much people should get paid. He firmly believes ALL people in minimum wage jobs are capable working multiple jobs or simply just go to school because he did... He also knows about my disabilities, so his demented boomer like boot strap argument is highly flawed on so many levels.

He also feels minimum wage shouldn't be raised because he would have to ask for more money in his skilled job. He makes $25hr with health insurance.

So basically, this fucker doesn't want more money if that means other less fortunate people get more money. I picture him saying this.

What the fuck? Lol and I'm the one with the
intellectual disability. On the bright side, I feel much better about my own intelligence. So everything is coming up roses.

Normally, I can get along with people with opposing views. But this feels different, almost like a subtle personal attack, against me and all of humanity.

I can't be associated with insensitive monsters with no regard or empathy for other humans in different situations.

With this mindset, I'm sure he's 100% harboring other ignorant views. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I'm in my 40's friends are impossible to make, but I feel good about my decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile, NumbItAll, TheSoulless and 9 others
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I'd have done the same. He seems really selfish and insensitive.

It's hard for me to be around my grandma, for similar reasons. Eventually she'll say some triggering stuff about employment. Last time I talked to her she was against higher wages and complained about how the extended unemployment is keeping people from going back to work. It ruined what was otherwise a pleasant afternoon with her.

Reactions: NumbItAll, lobster salad, Wraith and 1 other person
Wraith

Wraith

Lost in The Void
Nov 4, 2020
He sounds gangrenous. Cutting him off is honestly for the best.

Reactions: Throwawaysoul and western_heart
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Sorry to hear. I can't do nuts-and-bolts conversations about real world stuff with people anymore really. They just don't understand. At one point, you have to stop engaging for your own sanity if nothing else. Just keep it light. The weather, movies, music, video games etc.

Reactions: demuic, lobster salad and Throwawaysoul
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Even though I don't know him, from what you've said, I can only say he's an as*hole.
People like him only gives this system more "modern slaves".

I think people should try to be freelancers instead of getting a mininum wage in a work office they hate until they're 70.

There are lots of options out there which are better than the ones he suggests:

Youtube or streaming (lessons, gaming, reviews, jokes, music, etc)
Programming
Drawing
Using your awesome voice for media and ds

And so on.

I would've parted ways with him too.

That's why I have no more friends left I guess. Politics and depression related stuff just made me want to go away from them.

Since that moment, I do my best not to talk about this issues with people because it just f*cks everything up!

(Fortunately, I can freely talk about suicide, depression and my bipolar disorder here on SS without being judged. Love you all)

Reactions: Throwawaysoul
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
It's hard for me to be around my grandma, for similar reason
It was the same with my mother. I couldn't even spend time with her in her last days. If I couldn't spend time with my dying mother, I'm definitely not going to listen to it from anyone else.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is better to have no friends than to be stuck with people that just cause us misery. I have cut off many people in the past. It must have been such a relief to part ways with him.

Reactions: western_heart, TheSoulless, Throwawaysoul and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
We don't see eye to eye how much people should get paid. He firmly believes ALL people in minimum wage jobs are capable working multiple jobs or simply just go to school because he did.
Are people capable of working multiple jobs? Yes, but this does not mean that they should. The purpose of a job is to earn money; firstly to pay for necessities, but secondly to allow an individual to enjoy life through hobbies, vacations or whatever else brings them happiness. If given the choice you should work to live - not live to work.

Reactions: Throwawaysoul and western_heart
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Sorry to hear that.

Recently I also had to cut one of my closest friends because of irreconcilable political differences, this is very common lately since my country got completely divided due to some recent events.

Although it was mutual, and we just drifted apart after talking about our political views (it got quite heated) it sucks because this person was my confident and he knew things about me that I wanted to take to my grave.

I just can't see eye to eye with people who base their entire identity and politics on the lies that social media tells them.

Oh, well. I wanted to distance myself from most people anyways.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Throwawaysoul