Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I thought of going, but I knew I would be sitting alone without any friends, whereas my peers would all be having fun with their companions. I would have to see my peers receive all sorts of awards for outstanding volunteer work, excellence in academics etc. That would be a huge slap to my face knowing I wasn't strong enough to do anything- let alone move out of the bed. Life is just so unfair and I really wished I was normal like my peers

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: JinZhin, death137, whatstheporpoise15 and 7 others
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
I'm assuming this was a high school (or equivalent) graduation? If so... I'm just sitting here baffled that you had no family supporting you and encouraging you to go, looking forward to this moment? Like damn, I'm so sorry you feel this way. My father didn't bother to come to my graduation (lived about 8hrs away by car) or even congratulate me. I remember that being a huge disappointment and defining moment, as I had convinced myself that he would actually care, even if only a little bit. Nevertheless, even though you didn't go to the ceremony, you still graduated, and that is an accomplishment! I did this magnet program thing in high school and graduated alongside people that literally went to Ivy League schools, MIT, John's Hopkins, Notre Dame, etc, and I remember feeling like complete shit being apart of the group attending the local city university. So I get feeling inadequate by comparison and it sucks, a lot. Hugs.

Reactions: Rational man
B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
I didn't go to my high school graduation because I hated it so much and didn't want to be surrounded by those people. Seriously screw those people.
As for college, I skipped it because I had to take a summer quarter and it didn't feel right to walk in the spring when I still had classes lol, yeah my school let you do that. I also didn't have anything to show for the years I spent in academics, everyone else was going on to careers and I was having to start over again cause I fumbled my opportunities.

Reactions: Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life certainly is unfair and I'm sorry that you have suffered so much. It's sad how in this life so many people are disadvantaged through no fault of their own. I hope that you find relief from what you are going through.

Reactions: Rational man and RodneyHutton