d3ad

d3ad

Student
Mar 15, 2023
I had a horrible day today. A relative embarrassed me in front of other relatives because I stopped doing household chores. I have ADHD and depression. I barely do anything, except disociate. They gave me nasty looks and said nasty stuff about me, including using my gender (female) to shame me. Apparently, it's a woman's job to do chores. I feel like complete shit. The relative keeps calling different people into the house shame me. Including her friends, other family members, community members etc. The irony, though, is that she is also sick physically and can't do chores. I guess only physically illness is valid. I am dependant on them at the moment, and have nowhere else to go as social workers ghosted me and shelters won't take me because I'm not being physically abused or sexually assaulted. They also use my dependance on them as a power point. They brag about it all the time and shame me for being a burden. The funny thing is that my biggest reason for quiting chores was being unappreciated. Whenever I clean, they will completely ness up. They leave food, stains everywhere. The bathroom and kitchen are germ paradises, and the fact that the male relative does nothing, and doesn't receive any shame for it. I've been complaining for three years, nobody cares. Now that I've stopped cleaning up after them, I get called all sorts of names. I can't wait to ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi and bluebus
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I am so sorry that you are going through this. It's absolutely cruel and unfair. I hope you can find some peace somewhere

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be really dreadful having to be around people like that, I find it so awful how many humans are so cruel and just create more suffering. But anyway best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: d3ad
FeyB

FeyB

C.E.O. of Nihilism
Aug 5, 2023
Really sorry to hear that, family should be the first place you can find comfort and it's very hard to exist when that's not the case.
Gender norms on housechores are revoltant to me but they are still grounded in lots of countries, mine Italy, is no exeption.
Hope you can find peace

• Love
Reactions: d3ad
d3ad

d3ad

Student
Mar 15, 2023
It must be really dreadful having to be around people like that, I find it so awful how many humans are so cruel and just create more suffering. But anyway best wishes.
Thank you, friend.
Really sorry to hear that, family should be the first place you can find comfort and it's very hard to exist when that's not the case.
Gender norms on housechores are revoltant to me but they are still grounded in lots of countries, mine Italy, is no exeption.
Hope you can find peace
It really sucks. I hate it. Thank you, friend.

• Love
Reactions: FeyB