alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Today I finally got out of the bedroom that I've been basically living in 24/7 for the past 3 weeks. I went to stay in the living room for a change. It just feels strange changing my prison of choice. So I'm watching National Geographic and browsing the site. I've been basically living in my bed unmotivated to pursue the job I was offered. I need the money and I need a routine change but I feel too damaged to function as a normal human being. Incapable of social interaction. I don't know for how long I'll stay useless and dumb.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: imademypicture, Sabriel, Élégie and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
You don't sound dumb or useless. Social anxiety and lack of motivation are common side effects of depression. Leaving your room was a good first step.

Try to slowly acclimate yourself back into the world. I know it can be hard but it's also necessary. I hope you're able to obtain this job but if not there will be others. Nothing but the best of luck to you and we're here if you need to chat or vent!

Reactions: alexK
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Thank you so much for offering that. Yeah it's been like a breath of fresh air coming here to vent. Didn't realize how badly I was suffocating until I finally got to blow off some steam around here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's really tough to leave the comfort of that sanctuary, but you've made a start and that's good. It doesn't work when people force you and you aren't ready.
But if you've started to get out then you have decided you are ready to try.
I'm sorry this is so clichéd but...one foot in front of the other. Take it slow and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't happen all at once.
And ofc you aren't useless, just finding your way out of the fog.

Reactions: alexK
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Yes there were times when some people expected me to get my shit together by flicking a switch or something. They think they're motivating you but it's just an additional stress for me. Thank you for your encouraging words. I appreciate your support xx

• Love
Reactions: peacefully31425