• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
I'm talking about a really bad infection. I was cutting myself on my leg and I was having some panic attack and moved my hand too much. I accidentally cut myself in a very fucked up way and I tried to show it on a drawing but fuck im terrible at drawing on a pc im sorry
The part around my nail got incredibly increidbly bad and its kind of going up or something??/ the infection i mean
I have absolutely no way to take care of this, i dont even have any bandages and no alcochol
Ive been covering it with a tissue and some tape but christ it hurts so much when i try to take it off
I just really badly need somebody to just give me some idead on what to do, i dont know what kind of bacteria is it and im so fucking scared, this has been going on for the last week and a half and its only getting worse

X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
If only the part around the nail is infected, it might be an ingrown nail caused by the cut not healing in a proper way. How long since you got the cut?

• Love
Reactions: xsa
R

Rebecca

Apr 9, 2024
You need antibiotics. Can you go to the Dr and get some? Or can your Dr give you an appointment via zoom call and give you a prescription that way?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
If only the part around the nail is infected, it might be an ingrown nail caused by the cut not healing in a proper way. How long since you got the cut?
It's been around 9 days, I think? The cut only got infected around 6-5 days ago. I'm really hoping it's just an ingrown nail

You need antibiotics. Can you go to the Dr and get some? Or can your Dr give you an appointment via zoom call and give you a prescription that way
The cheapest call with a doctor I could find costs around 150pln and I cant afford to spent that kind of money right now on a doctor :(( besides that I dont think I could ever find the courage to show somebody my cuts, and even worse, my cuts on my feet and leg. My feet are such a fucking taboo for me that Id rather go to a gynecologist than let somebody touch my feet

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Did you cut deeply?

Last edited:
X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
It's been around 9 days, I think? The cut only got infected around 6-5 days ago. I'm really hoping it's just an ingrown nail
It would be the best to go to a doctor, even if it's "just" an ingrown nail. I had to deal with it as a child and I was so scared of doctors, I waited until I had to get surgery for it.
However, I've seen that you said you can't go to a doctor right now, and I'm not judging you for it. Maybe the next best thing you can do is do some research online. If you think it is an ingrown nail, you can DM me for some advice since I have a lot of experience dealing with this

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth and xsa
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
When you mentioned spreading;

If you have red lines emanating from the source of your infection that follow blood vessels, then YOU NEED A HOSPITAL.

That sign is inflammation related to a blood infection. You will die from that, and it could be hours. Seriously.

Otherwise you may just need a walk-in clinic. If you don't want to stay, don't talk about suicide. I was in and out of hospitals for self harm my entire life. I don't like doctors either but if you're not showing blood infection, then you may need an oral antibiotic or something like that. I am also not a doctor. Maybe they'd give topical.

Anyway, once you're already infected, home care like alcohol is ineffective.

Good luck

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Best is to desinfect twice a day. You get desinfection spray in every supermarket. As well as a proper bandage.
So desinfect it, buy some healing cream and cover it. Dont bandage it to tightly. Thats important. Leave it uncovered for some time every day. That helps healing.

What makes you think that you have a "really bad infection"? What are the symptoms?

Last edited:
Ash

Ash

Elementalist
Oct 4, 2021
I'm no health care professional but years of cutting have taught me that if one, some or all of these are are happening, you need medical advice:
  • The wound is oozing green or yellow muck
  • It smells bad
  • The surrounding skin is red
  • The surrounding skin is swollen
  • The area is hot to the touch
  • Red streaks are coming from the wound
  • It won't stop bleeding
  • It won't heal
  • You have a temperature and/or shivering
  • Anything else that seems unusual or not normal for you
Do not muck around.

Get off the internet and get *medical* help today.

Better to be told it's just slow healing than have an infection get out of control. I once asked on here if I should let my own (diagnosed) infection go untreated and see if I could die from sepsis. The answers convinced me to act responsibly. I can only urge you to do the same. Xx

Last edited:
xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
Best is to desinfect twice a day. You get desinfection spray in every supermarket. As well as a proper bandage.
So desinfect it, buy some healing cream and cover it. Dont bandage it to tightly. Thats important.

What makes you think that you have a "really bad infection"? What are the symptoms?
I don't really know how to explain it nor how to translate what I want to say from my first language, but the cut is festering really badly and the skin around it got really red. There's also this big bloody thing at the end of the scar? I dont know how to explain it but it looks like a little ball filled with blood and it's a little bittle smaller than a penny or something like that. It started bleeding a lot when I touched it so Im trying to keep my hands away from it

Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024

The cheapest call with a doctor I could find costs around 150pln and I cant afford to spent that kind of money right now on a doctor :(( besides that I dont think I could ever find the courage to show somebody my cuts, and even worse, my cuts on my feet and leg. My feet are such a fucking taboo for me that Id rather go to a gynecologist than let somebody touch my feet

I'm in the U.S. and I once went to the ER (emergency room) because I accidentally got huge wooden splinter under my fingernail and the pain was almost unbearable. I didn't have health insurance at the time and thus I was expecting to receive a huge bill, but I didn't get charged anything. It was totally free. I don't know how the healthcare system works in Poland, but it can't be worse than in the U.S., so I really don't think you need to worry about the cost if you go to the ER.

As far as you not wanting to show somebody your cuts on your feet, I promise you the doctors in the ER have seen things like this (and worse) many times before. I hear what you're saying about your feet being a taboo for you and not wanting to let somebody touch them, but an infection like you described could get really bad if you don't get it treated.

• Love
Reactions: xsa and kunikuzushi
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I can't decide what to do, only you can.

but the cut is festering really badly and the skin around it got really red.
This is normal in my experience, especially if you did not desinfect it in 9 days.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: xsa
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
Go get it seen to immediately! Honestly it could get really bad and then you'll have to go anyway so just go now whilst they can hopefully treat it fairly easily. The money isn't the important thing right now, getting this seen and the infection under control is way more important.

Reactions: Forveleth
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
You should get antibiotics or go to the ER

Reactions: Forveleth
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Can you post a picture, so we can see - purely so we can see how far the infection may have spread (not for any other reason).

It does sound like you need to see a doctor / medic.

If you can't afford a doctor, I believe some pharmacists is Poland (I'm presuming that's where you are by a previous post) can prescribe antibiotics. They are likely to be cheaper than a doctor.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I'm in the U.S. and I once went to the ER (emergency room) because I accidentally got huge wooden splinter under my fingernail and the pain was almost unbearable. I didn't have health insurance at the time and thus I was expecting to receive a huge bill, but I didn't get charged anything. It was totally free. I don't know how the healthcare system works in Poland, but it can't be worse than in the U.S., so I really don't think you need to worry about the cost if you go to the ER.

As far as you not wanting to show somebody your cuts on your feet, I promise you the doctors in the ER have seen things like this (and worse) many times before. I hear what you're saying about your feet being a taboo for you and not wanting to let somebody touch them, but an infection like you described could get really bad if you don't get it treated.
I also once went to the ER for that too. I tore part of my nail off by accident (exposing the nail bed) and thought it was going to get infected

Reactions: Guy Smiley
xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
Yeah me too... did it heal well @xsa ?
Curious as to what ended up happening
Sorry for not really updating this thread😭 My friend saw the scar and pretty much dragged me to the ER lol
The doctor said that the infection has been going on for more than a motnh (I don't really know how but okay) and told me to book an appointment with a surgeon to see what they think about the infection, but the earliest free appointment I was able to get is in 2026 :/
I'm gonna try to save up some money for a private surgeon and I guess I'll just hope for the best

S

sneab

May 10, 2024
Sorry for not really updating this thread😭 My friend saw the scar and pretty much dragged me to the ER lol
The doctor said that the infection has been going on for more than a motnh (I don't really know how but okay) and told me to book an appointment with a surgeon to see what they think about the infection, but the earliest free appointment I was able to get is in 2026 :/
I'm gonna try to save up some money for a private surgeon and I guess I'll just hope for the best
While that sounds absolutely absurd I suppose we can take comfort that it can't be that serious right? I mean if it was they would have treated it in the ER right?