riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
i was planning to ctb very soon. my plan was that i was going to go home to see my family at the beginning of this week and then after i came back i'd have a two week time frame to end it before i turned 20, but i ended up getting involuntarily committed on halloween and that messed up my plans. i couldn't go home because i was in the ward and for some reason they ended up calling my mum and telling her that i was in hospital? i'm not sure why, i'm an adult now so it's not like a parent needs to know where i am at all times. maybe it''s because i'm autistic? who knows. but i'm not sure how much she was told, idk if she was given an exact timeframe or not, and i also haven't even gone home yet so i think my plans are fucked and i'm stuck being alive until next year :(

there's no real point to this post, i'm just tipsy and really wanted to vent. if there's any lesson here it's to never call a suicide hotline, no matter how drunk or desperate you are. they might force you into treatment like they did me lmao

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Unsure and alone, reallysleepy, DoomValuer and 4 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Ouch, glad you're out

• Love
Reactions: riamu
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
To the pro-lifers that wonder why suicide hotlines don't work, this thread is a good example why.

Not only did she get involuntarily committed, but they also ruined Halloween for her.

• Yay!
Reactions: riamu
ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
That's a really horrible situation to be in. Don't wanna come off as rude or inconsiderate, but how'd you get locked up in the first place? Did you tell anyone about your plans to CTB or something?

riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
That's a really horrible situation to be in. Don't wanna come off as rude or inconsiderate, but how'd you get locked up in the first place? Did you tell anyone about your plans to CTB or something?

yeah :( i was very drunk and called a hotline like a dumbass because i kept thinking about my mum and my baby brother lmao. but I've learned from my mistakes now, definitely won't do that next time. do not let alcohol fool you, the people who work in mental health 'support' are not your friends!!

T

the_summoning

Nov 8, 2023
This is one of biggest fears. Telling the wrong person or people that I want to ctb and they throw me in a psych ward. I reached out to a suicide hotline a couple years ago and luckily all they did was get me to calm down. I won't risk it again though. Thanks for the heads up OP!

ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
yeah :( i was very drunk and called a hotline like a dumbass because i kept thinking about my mum and my baby brother lmao. but I've learned from my mistakes now, definitely won't do that next time. do not let alcohol fool you, the people who work in mental health 'support' are not your friends!!
Funny how these "good samaritans" fool us into thinking that they care and can give us any advice, but the next thing you know is they snitch on you and cops come to your house and take you to a psych ward involuntarily. So hypocritical of them lol.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so cruel how suicidal people end up being punished simply for sharing their feelings, I agree that it's better not to say anything at all as we exist in such a pro-suffering society where so many people see suffering to be prolonged no matter what.

reallysleepy

reallysleepy

She/her
Oct 25, 2023
i was planning to ctb very soon. my plan was that i was going to go home to see my family at the beginning of this week and then after i came back i'd have a two week time frame to end it before i turned 20, but i ended up getting involuntarily committed on halloween and that messed up my plans. i couldn't go home because i was in the ward and for some reason they ended up calling my mum and telling her that i was in hospital? i'm not sure why, i'm an adult now so it's not like a parent needs to know where i am at all times. maybe it''s because i'm autistic? who knows. but i'm not sure how much she was told, idk if she was given an exact timeframe or not, and i also haven't even gone home yet so i think my plans are fucked and i'm stuck being alive until next year :(

there's no real point to this post, i'm just tipsy and really wanted to vent. if there's any lesson here it's to never call a suicide hotline, no matter how drunk or desperate you are. they might force you into treatment like they did me lmao
I'm really sorry this happened to you :(

Where I live at least, if someone is committed, their family has some legal power and responsibility over them, even if they are adults. Maybe that's why they called your mum