awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
As if the world needed to provide me another reminder of my gene pool inferiority, my vision has gone to shit and I have had to buy glasses.
I am always in a rush and didn't know which pair to buy so I impulsively bought the second pair I tried on. They are way too small for my face.
Everything looks weird. I wonder what it is like kissing someone wearing glasses....Oh well I won't have to worry about that, lol. But seriously guys, don't get old - it's awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad, Ghost2211, Sensei and 2 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
You'll get used to them.
At least you didn't have to grow up with them. I've worn them for 40 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad, Ghost2211, Sensei and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Yeah, definitely you'll get used to them. Much better than contacts, I think. Hated pinching contacts to remove these at night, and heaven forbid a spec of dust get on the lense before insertion, not to mention all the artificial tears I had to add to keep my eyes moist and prevent my contacts from popping out of my eyes when I blinked.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Hennessy
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
But seriously guys, don't get old - it's awful.
I intend to die young. Lmao. I agree with what others have said, you'll get used to them soon enough. Honestly, all things considering, you're lucky to just now be getting glasses (basing this on the "old" part). But it would be hard to accept if you've gone so long without needing them. :hug:

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
What about trying the latest contact lenses ? They are really very good and comfortable now.
Or laser surgery if you can afford it ?
Just an idea.
Glasses can look good though and have not made any difference to the attractiveness of anyone I have liked/or like.

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I'm average looking and for some reason when I talk people think I sound really "smart". So now that I have the glasses I will probably be the nerdiest nerd at the steel mill.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
All you need now is a tweed jacket with leather elbows to really give them a chuckle. I've had to get glasses due to age and my hobbies require normal if not magnified vision. Wife grew up with them.

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I always wished I needed glasses because I think they look cool lol

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Trying to get used to glasses is strange. Especially the extra sharpness. I very seldom wear mine to be honest even when driving.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I wear Oakley titanium spec'd glasses. They're sharp, professional, and have some nice lines on them. Makes me look like an architect or an engineer. Ralph Lauren's are good too.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I wear Oakley titanium spec'd glasses. They're sharp, professional, and have some nice lines on them. Makes me look like an architect or an engineer. Ralph Lauren's are good too.
I wear Ray-bans. Like Buddy Holly.