J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I'm the opposite. I hate the day when I have to be amongst people enjoying themselves and having that relief and just going about their workdays, looking forward to getting off so they can go home to their families or have fun. I'm not even bitter, that's great for them. I just hate that it didn't turn out to be my life.

Late night/really early morning is actually the most tolerable for me. When I'm in my room with the windows open and the cool night air comes in and it's mostly quiet with some of the natural noises outside.

Reactions: Allpainnogain, Worthless_nobody and dhk96
intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019
This is why many people will tend to drink and drug before bedtime. Because you got racing thoughts or get a bit negative at night. At least the getting more negative in the evening seems to happen to me. I use melatonin but I swear I developed a tolerance and it's not working like it used to.

From my understanding you can't build up a tolerance to melatonin because it's a hormone.
I meeeaaan, I personally smoke a shit ton of weed before bed, so that MIGHT help me out, lol. But it's not for everybody :hug:

Yeah definitely not for everyone. We have dispensaries here, and I use a dry herb vaporizer everyday but if I use right before bed my anxiety is amped up to 100.

Weed makes me think more. Not entirely sure if that's a good or bad thing

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yay another night of insomnia..so sick of this! But I just wanted to say I hate dreams. It's bad enough to have insomnia and never get to sleep but when I do I immediately start dreaming and it's always nightmares or just unpleasant shit. I have tried everything to stop this shitty excessive dreaming. I think I have excessive REM sleep. Apparently people swear that weed stops dreams but it does absolutely nothing for me. I wish something fucking worked. Benzos kinda do but I have been addicted before and I don't want to take them again.

Reactions: letmeseethedeath
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
. Apparently people swear that weed stops dreams but it does absolutely nothing for me.
I didn't think it stopped dreams, either but eventually, I stopped dreaming. It's chronic use that causes this ..
I quit smoking about a week ago (ugh. leaving your favorite bad habits hurt.) and I had a dream last night for the firt time in.. psh, years. It was amazing.
It wasn't a pleasant dream, but I felt like I actually got sleep and I was thankful to have my dreams back.

I wouldn't make it a goal to lose your dreams.. but I understand if they're horrible and scary
:((

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I didn't think it stopped dreams, either but eventually, I stopped dreaming. It's chronic use that causes this ..
I quit smoking about a week ago (ugh. leaving your favorite bad habits hurt.) and I had a dream last night for the firt time in.. psh, years. It was amazing.
It wasn't a pleasant dream, but I felt like I actually got sleep and I was thankful to have my dreams back.

I wouldn't make it a goal to lose your dreams.. but I understand if they're horrible and scary
:((
Ah the chronic use makes sense. I do not use it super frequent (although the right strain makes me feel wonderful) so I bet that's why I still dream. I would give anything to have like 1 dream free night they are so vivid and I jolt awake in panic.

Last edited:
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Ah the chronic use makes sense. I do not use it super frequent (although the right strain makes me feel wonderful) so I bet that's why I still dream. I would give anything to have like 1 dream free night they are so vivid and I jolt awake in panic.
That just be frustrating :/ can you watch pleasant YouTube videos before bed?? Funny cat videos, idk.
Play soft sounds from your phone or computer while you sleep ?

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
That just be frustrating :/ can you watch pleasant YouTube videos before bed?? Funny cat videos, idk.
Play soft sounds from your phone or computer while you sleep ?
I use an air purifier in my room that makes a pleasant fan noise. Usually I do either watch some videos or read here before bed. Lol the funny cat videos though I won't stop laughing. I have always been prone to nightmares but it got worse after a trauma I experienced so I'm sure a lot of it is ptsd related.

A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
I used to love nights but my insomnia is so bad now and I have the worst most vivid nightmares when I do get to sleep. Now mornings...I have a special hatered for getting up and facing a new day. It's just so nauseating and depressing realizing Im still in the same situation and didn't just pass in my sleep like I always hope.
I feel exactly the same. After the very little sleep I get when my eyes open I am so anxious and depressed I didn't pass in my sleep and have to face another day of hell

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
letmeseethedeath

letmeseethedeath

catching the bus
Aug 4, 2018
I go crazy almost every single night. Get a headache from stress thinking too much. I just want something that actually forcefully puts me to sleep. I just want it to stop.
i feel the same. i wish it never be night because i can't sleep while other people are sleeping. i'm so jealous of them. i want to sleep to stop thinking

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Worthless_nobody
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
I feel exactly the same. After the very little sleep I get when my eyes open I am so anxious and depressed I didn't pass in my sleep and have to face another day of hell
I don't have nightmares or any dreams at all really but that's because I take 4 medications just to get a few hours

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I used to love mornings before all of this started. Absolutely loved starting the day with coffee, the morning dew, I was a runner, all that shit. Now it's the worst, waking up in the morning and coming to terms with this being my life. Every. Single. Day.

Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
I go crazy almost every single night. Get a headache from stress thinking too much. I just want something that actually forcefully puts me to sleep. I just want it to stop.

i hate the day. i wake up at 9am, and at 11am i already feel like i've been awake for two weeks, and so much shit happened.

when i take benzos to sleep at any daytime i'm glad to be able to, but it also gives amnesia and other bad shit, so i dont know if its worth it. (for me) it's hard to only consume at late night to sleep

N

No_more

May 5, 2019
ASMR videos are good for falling asleep.

Reactions: letmeseethedeath
N

No_more

May 5, 2019
ASMR means auto sensory meridian response. Basically, it's when someone gets a tingling sensation from watching people do things like brushing hair, folding towels, painting etc. Even if someone doesn't get tingles, it's quite relaxing to watch. I've fallen asleep many times, watching them.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I feel the same, it's super frustrating being unable to sleep. I feel like nighttime is when I am most likely to depart.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
C

CursedForDisaster

Student
Apr 1, 2019
I equally love and hate day and night, I've been having a hard time getting to sleep before 5am lately though, which kind of sucks. I feel like I'm just giving up, I don't think I can be helped anymore...I'm a shit person and starting to accept it

Last edited:
Doggo

Doggo

Neet
Jan 23, 2019
Yeah, hate nights too. I get much more suicidal and axnious at night. Can't sleep until 8 -9am everyday.

ZixivaldYrxes

ZixivaldYrxes

Archduke Demoness Villaintropic
Apr 3, 2019
ME TOO ME TOO!!! holy shit
I used to think it was so calming and peaceful. Same with winter over summer.
But now it's almost like seasonal depression for night over day. The dread is amplified XXfold and it's not even rational.

potablewater784

potablewater784

Lurker
Jun 22, 2022
I actually rather have night time than day.
I love the darkness, it's where I am most comfortable. It's where I can be me. It's where I can let my inner demons out to play.
me too. its so much quieter and calmer

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I honestly love nights. It's the mornings and early afternoons I can't stand.