Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I've been getting just random episodes of depression recently, and it's hit again. and holy fuck it sucks

i even have a reason to be depressed because of a brain injury,

i fucking hate waking up every single fucking day. i don't have the energy to do anything, everything around me is either bland and depressing, or actively draining me to shit.

all I ever see is people having fun, or enjoying their lives. why cant i live like that???

It feels like there is no freedom, just the illusion of it.

Cost of living means that most people in shared homes HAVE to work. There are fewer and fewer households with stay at home parents because its just not possible for them.

To be able to afford some luxuries you practically have to work full time, and even then there's little time to just enjoy your time off because you work so many hours.

Taxes, rent, skyrocketing energy bills,

I hate how everything is forced. We HAVE to work. We HAVE to pay taxes. I mean, I get why we do, but I hate it how forced it is. I hate that we are born into this.

Sometimes I just look at the sky and I think how crazy it is that we are in this planet...surrounded by billions of other galaxies. And we're just sat working ourselves to death.

How we share this earth, but there are laws that you can't go over an invisible border, or can't just wild camp because you're on owned land.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hunter2005, Rogue Proxy, Life'sA6itch and 9 others
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I hate how everything is forced. We HAVE to work
This is actually a very astute observation.

Working, by itself, is not a bad thing. Working on something that you are passionate or curious about can be extremely pleasant, stimulating and fulfilling.

The problem with work resides in the fact that the majority of the work being done worldwide is somewhat FORCED upon people.

Work is not bad.
HAVING to work is what kills It.
I hate that we are born into this
Unfortunately, we were seriously harmed by clueless people (natalists) with a very futile — and unethical — conception of what "success in life" is... i.e, you get an education, get a good job, buy a car, marry, buy a house and, then, buy a couple of Babies for the merry-Go-round.

This whole world is fully based on unrestrained futile consumption... 💩

Last edited:
Reactions: Life'sA6itch, foxgirl, Darkover and 1 other person
D1byRam3n

D1byRam3n

Trying to escape from cruel reality
Nov 14, 2023
Yeah,I agree it feels like there's no room to escape from this...all we can do now just do whatever things to make us feel a bit better for our life...

Reactions: Hunter2005, Life'sA6itch and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
And I hate how people are expected to suffer no matter what despite the fact that existence was so harmfully imposed onto them in the first place. All that existence is, is an endless cycle of suffering that so tragically continues to repeat, in my case I've only ever wished for the peace of eternal nothingness.

Reactions: Hunter2005, Rogue Proxy, Life'sA6itch and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yep- either work and have money but no time to enjoy it. Or- have plenty of time if you don't work but no money to do anything with. It's a catch 22.

Reactions: Life'sA6itch, foxgirl and Darkover
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
There are financially savvy people who can manage financially on stock dividens and have gotten rich this way - they do not have to work much on the side of stock dividens.

Reactions: Darkover
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
The economy is designed to be efficient... at making people work as much as possible with as little resources as possible.

The only way for the average person to afford control of their life is to, ironically, give away all of their freedom for a job that steals over 40 hours of their week, every week, for the next three or four decades. And the punishment for not doing that isn't just not getting extra fun money to spent, for most people it's outright not having a roof over your head. So, how much freedom does anyone even have anymore unless you're born into wealth or you were born with the energy to keep up with this insane, ever-changing political landscape? If you didn't grow up in the perfect conditions (that are completely outside of your control), you're basically screwed.

• Hugs
Reactions: gbi2 and Darkover
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
After many years of trying different things I finally found a career I enjoyed. I actually didn't like weekends and looked forward to going to work. Unfortunately it was stolen from me by chronic health problems that made it impossible to continue. It gave me much needed purpose and structure. Now I'm languishing in isolation barely able to get out of bed and will be homeless soon. Fuck this life. I'm done.

• Hugs
Reactions: gbi2 and Darkover
L

Life'sA6itch

Student
Oct 29, 2023
There are financially savvy people who can manage financially on stock dividens and have gotten rich this way - they do not have to work much on the side of stock dividens.
Very true. I've found and kept track of a stock I can do that with but to live off the dividends requires that I buy $150,000 (USD) worth of the stock to earn the dividends to live off of. That is not realistic or even remotely likely for the vast majority of America or the world. Even trying to discuss this sort of thing with the people I know or am acquainted with is futile, they don't understand or follow any stocks and typically change the subject very quickly.