looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I'm taking an introductory course in programming and it's kicking my ass. The lecturers teach us the bare basics then dump incredibly complicated "practice questions" onto us that take longer to do than the lectures take to watch. I hate C++. I hate sitting down for an hour trying to work out how to do something we were supposed to have learned the week before. And this is only the programming practice!! I'm rewatching old lectures and old content but it's not helping. As a result, I'm behind on my other subjects while trying to figure this shit out. God I'm fucked :,)

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife, cgrtt.brns and Rocinante
R

[redacted]

Apr 25, 2023
It's hard, but it's rewarding too. Programming is really hard at the beginning, I had the same problems when I started.

Reactions: looking_for_peace
immrw

immrw

Jan 22, 2023
I'm about to graduate and I go back and forth between thinking if I should have went at all. I'm in so much debt about to enter the workforce (making just above the poverty line) with high inflation and unaffordable rent. I busted my ass thinking college meant I could afford a good life. I don't give a fuck about my passions-- I want to live somewhere safe and eat three meals a day. Now I'm just burnt out and bitter.

• Aww..
freonix

freonix

:-(
Apr 11, 2023
struggling so much with programming in college too, especially since the assignments are so hard that people often have to discuss with each other (and cheat on exams together because they're at staggered timingsā€¦) and i don't really have any friends. wish i could help but all i can say is i hope we figure it out soon :'-)

• Love
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I'm about to go to college for computer science, I hope my experience isn't too bad. I hope yours gets better as well!

• Hugs
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023

Maybe this well help you love it

• Yay!
Solek

Solek

Apr 14, 2023
The best way I found to learn programming is getting some buddies to help you or atleast give some advice. C++ is also a weird language to start with, C just seems simpler for beginners. Not everyone is suited for programming neither, programming is trial and error at it's finest, but the reward after all the trouble is addictive.
I could offer some help myself if you want.

C

CompanyOpossum

Apr 3, 2023
I'm taking an introductory course in programming and it's kicking my ass. The lecturers teach us the bare basics then dump incredibly complicated "practice questions" onto us that take longer to do than the lectures take to watch. I hate C++. I hate sitting down for an hour trying to work out how to do something we were supposed to have learned the week before. And this is only the programming practice!! I'm rewatching old lectures and old content but it's not helping. As a result, I'm behind on my other subjects while trying to figure this shit out. God I'm fucked :,)
Sounds like programming is the problem not college. If you don't like trying to solve problems maybe programming isn't for you. Most classes have you spend multiple hours per hour of lecture. That's normal for any class. Try asking if your school has a career center with an aptitude test that'll help you figure out what degree you should be getting.