• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 847

I hanged myself and woke up 3 minutes later (they passed like a second). Don't tie rope to beds. Oh and by the way my family just found out. My day couldn't get any worse. There's nothing after death, you die that's it.

D

Deleted member 847

[

Good that there is no lasting damage. No pain in the neck? I am intrigued by your method, where did you tie yourself to as the anchor point ?
I made some kind of loop around the part of the bed where you usually put your feet when you sleep (sorry, not good at english) with many towels and some jeans.

W

war-is-lost

Student
Apr 15, 2018
I made some kind of loop around the part of the bed where you usually put your feet when you sleep (sorry, not good at english) with many towels and some jeans.

I see, so it was a partial suspension? Sorry for so many questions, I am genuinely interested in different methods and yours seem very unique.

Reactions: dano6533
D

Deleted member 847

I see, so it was a partial suspension? Sorry for so many questions, I am genuinely interested in different methods and yours seem very unique.
Yes it was partial. One leg suspended in air and another on a chair.

F

famblycat

Jun 21, 2018
I forgot to lock my room and they heard the falling

I know there's a chance maybe you did this 'on impulse', without being in a state of mind to think everything through. In the rush of the moment. It's understandable, otherwise most people wouldn't be able to go.

I'm not judging, I don't mean to come off criticizing, really, especially with knowing you're in a horrible, even worse state now then before.
I do feel the need to say, alongside the hand reached saying sorry it had to get so messed up, that doing it this way, at home with people, or people who just might arrive, and not 100% certain you have 30 minutes with no one around, no one at all - is an awful recipe for all those terrible cases you hear about, of life in prison - a 'vegetable' beyond control to free yourself, best case brain dead and unaware.

If it wasn't your bed not holding you it might've been the sounds of your body fighting for air that would alarm people around. I don't think a locked wooden door would've made a difference for them not breaking it to save you. In that case, you could've been another case we read about, a living tragedy.

Again. I don't mean to be a judgmental asshole, I may not be phrasing myself in the best way and most sensitively. Maybe I come off harsh, but I feel I must stress this critical point, maybe for someone else too who might be reading. Hanging, after loosing consciousness, is a 100% done deal if done correctly - with a good rope that will hold, a firm base, and no one around to try and help you too early. Otherwise, not having this in mind at the moment, many do succeed, many or most probably do it on impulse and in a sense they're actually very lucky to have that 'now!' trigger and not think it too much to get stuck. However, it opens the door too wide for bad luck to creep in.

(Again, I'm not just judging but it might come off that way - I'm sorry. Whether it was an act of the moment or what I see as unintended recklessness - I'm not in your shoes, only saying what I think must be said, along with sympathy for how miserable you feel at the moment).

Gumby

Gumby

Student
Jun 10, 2018
I was half joking but after googling those sound like places to seriously avoid.

D

Deleted member 847

Did you remember anything before you passed out, like being in any pain or anything how long do you think it took to pass out?
It was painless, just a little bit of panic and the thought "Omg I'm dissipating". You will also feel some kind of mind dissipation/confusion/high. You pass out after 10 seconds. You can change your mind until you start seeing your surroundings becoming black.

Bunny13000

Bunny13000

Jun 28, 2018
I tried to hang myself on a cupboard a long time ago it was absolutely horrendous. As it was happening my feet found a shelf your brain instinctively tries to save itself. I ripped the rope off my neck i struggled to swallow for a while worst of all i had to go to work with ligature marks around my neck

D

Deleted member 847

I tried to hang myself on a cupboard a long time ago it was absolutely horrendous. As it was happening my feet found a shelf your brain instinctively tries to save itself. I ripped the rope off my neck i struggled to swallow for a while worst of all i had to go to work with ligature marks around my neck
Well I don't really know what to say about this. It's a clichè that people usually hang themselves to trees, and it always worked, so maybe I'll pay a visit to my grandpa.

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
In one of my last attempts with a ratchet strap(also strangulation) I could feel my body getting weaker and weaker as I was fading away. It had been about 30 seconds (long, since it wasn't tight enough) and I could barely move my hands to remove the strap. I barely made it out.

I was praying and screaming out for help in my mind because the feeling of "I'm dying" was horrible. Even though I wanted to die.

I didn't use alcohol that time and so the survival instinct took over my body. If I could press a button and be gone I would do it, that's how I know i want to die and that the problem is the survival instinct/my body.

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
It was painless, just a little bit of panic and the thought "Omg I'm dissipating". You will also feel some kind of mind dissipation/confusion/high. You pass out after 10 seconds. You can change your mind until you start seeing your surroundings becoming black.

When did the surroudings become black? How long after the "starting to dissipate" feeling?

D

Deleted member 847

When did the surroudings become black? How long after the "starting to dissipate" feeling?
The surroundings become black after 6-7 seconds, and you feel your ego dying at the same time. I wanted to change my mind, but then I woke up immediately. When you wake up the first seconds you can't move your body and you're confused about what's going go on, because you didn't even realize that you hanged yourself (it's too quick).