N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Okay this story is so fucked up. I won't go into details. I am pretty ashamed. First I wanted to make a thread that everything is relative except pain and health. And I still see some truth in that.

There is danger when someone with psychosis says he found the truth. I won't share the details here. I am just a fucking moron and I realized that now. My friends who know the details say the theory is very plausible and not delusional.

I complimented a girl. But I put it as if it was pity. I offended her pretty much. She considers me insane now which is sort of true. She felt I looked down on her. This happened half a year ago. And I realized my mistake now 6 months later. I feel embarrassed as fuck. I might apologize to her. Or I ignore it. It would be pretty weird if this was just a delusion and I am again delusional. But my friends say it sounds plausible. I have made an ass out of myself. I might message her but I think the damage is already done.

It is shocking that I realized it only now. Everyone who is not delusional would have come to this conclusion after 5 seconds. I have a crush on her. But I felt like because she has issues and I have issues it might work.

Holy fucking shit I am pretty ill. However I am sort of proud after interpreting the interaction like literally 5 million times in my head that I found the answer which every sane person would have seen within 5 seconds. Honestly I interpreted like everything which was said for myriads of hours. Always in different angles but I just did not the see the fucking obvious. Holy fucking shit I offended her pretty much. What the fuck!

Okay I will add some remarks. I thought she might be a lonely person just like me. Someone who does not find a partner. This is why I approached her. I thought I had a better chance with her due to that. But I just realized this is fucking offensive as hell. And I fucking realized that after 6 months. So far it is only a theory. I barely have evidence for that. I would really like to write an apology mail because I feel so ashamed. Tbh I think I could not even find words which could repair the damage in any way. Holy fucking shit. Even if I wrote one this is fucking shit that I have done.
Though there is the off-chance I might be delusional once again. And there is no real chance to ever find out the truth. I won't see her again. I know she probably questions my sanity. I think she found me pretty pathetic. Holy fucking shit. And I might will never know the truth. The time has passed since then and it is way too late. I wish I could apologize to her because I really kind of liked her. But there was way too much pity involved. I thought like we two both against the world. But this must have been offensive as fuck. I can't write her an apology what if this is just delusional thought once again. I have to move on. As horrible this all is. It is shocking how insane I am. Realizing my mistake might will help me to get rid of some delusional thoughts I had about her like literal 3-4 weeks straightaway. I thought about her all the fucking time without noticing it. That is so fucking scary.

I am kind of proud in case this deduction is right. I once had a delusion in a similar and found out after ruminating about it myriads of hours. I thought depression would never end. Depression deceived my mind to this time. I realized I am bipolar and that everything repeats in cycles.

So here is my summary. I might will never know the truth. I probably cannot apologize to her without the risk to be perceived as even more insane.

Well I was my real life problems could be solved like that. That everything was just a thinking fallacy. My major problems are not fallacies this is pretty clear. Bipolar repeats in most cases in cycles. I tried to work a couple of times and collapsed within days.

Honestly I kind of would like to kill myself for doing this fucked up shit. Though it is not worth to commit suicide because of something which was offensive. I want a rational suicide and I don't want to commit suicide solely for such a theory. Even if it was confirmed. Well it was pathetic. It is embarrassing as fuck. Though I don't play a major role in her mind. She will be able to laugh at me. She considers me insane well. This won't drive me over the edge. I have real severe issues.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, thx1138 and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I've done this in the past with a woman at work. I'm bipolar type 1, and also don't have good social skills.
I always interpret signals from people the wrong way.
I thought this woman liked me and I worked up the courage to ask her out.
She just gave me a weird look and walked away.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and noname223
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Sorry that you feel this way. For what it's worth, I don't think you should beat yourself up or call yourself a crazy person. You are more sane than you think. You're able to write and articulate very well.

I'm also very bad at social situations and overthink everything. But in the end, I realized that people simply don't care about others that much. They are too busy with their own lives. Almost nobody will remember what you said to them even if it was offensive in the moment . It's best not to sweat it.

• Love
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Update I was pretty paranoid when I wrote this thread. This is kind of positive because it shows that I was only delusional that evening and not the 6 months after the event. At least not completely. I first thought she liked the compliment but I am pretty sure she considered it mental. I feel embarrassed though this is life. I am not the centre of the universe and she might have forgot it a little bit. It was pretty weird for sure.

Last edited:
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
We all do cringey stuff sometimes so I would try not to worry about it too much. I know that is easier said than done though since I still replay embarrassing moments that happened years ago. It seems like this has really caused you a lot of torment though. For what it's worth I doubt it had a significant impact in that person's life. We always overestimate how much people think about us (spotlight effect). Remember you only did the best you could in that particular situation.

• Love
Reactions: noname223