Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
Theoretically my life's not bad. I'm physically heathy. I have a few friends, I'm in an uni that isnt bad. There are people here who have it much worse. And yet everything seems pointless. I'm miserable and I don't care about good things in my life anymore. I'm not happy and I want something more. Perhaps it's because of my anhedonia and derealization idk. Maybe I should focus on the good things but I don't know how.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, paroxysm, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally, I think gratitude is important to feel happy but I don't think it's something that really can or should be forced on people. Because then- not only do we feel awful and resentful, we also feel guilty for feeling like that.

Plus- who exactly are we supposed to be feeling gratitude towards? Fate or God because they picked on someone else to give the shit to? Our parents? Definitely- be grateful if they are good parents but ultimately, they brought us into this mess in the first place!

I find it hard to be genuinely grateful because I feel so resentful I was given life in the first place. It's not a good foundation to build gratitude on really.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm anhedonic too and know how difficult it is to enjoy life.
I'm also going through a deep existential crisis, and view everything as pointless and meaningless.
Even when everything was going well in life I was still as depressed and disillusioned as I am now.
It seems as though there is no worldly solution to this problem for me other than to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you study at uni because you want it or because your parents want you to study? Do you have sth in mind what you would like to do in your life that makes you happy or fulfills your life?

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
Do you study at uni because you want it or because your parents want you to study? Do you have sth in mind what you would like to do in your life that makes you happy or fulfills your life?
I do it because it just seems like something I'm supposed to do. Get education etc. And I don't have any idea on what would make me fulfilled. I don't enjoy many things these days and my hobbies died out. I just picked a major I thought would be okay for me and also result in a career with okay money. But I don't really wanna be there. But the thing is I don't know where I would wanna be

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
Theoretically my life's not bad. I'm physically heathy. I have a few friends, I'm in an uni that isnt bad. There are people here who have it much worse. And yet everything seems pointless. I'm miserable and I don't care about good things in my life anymore. I'm not happy and I want something more. Perhaps it's because of my anhedonia and derealization idk. Maybe I should focus on the good things but I don't know how.

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.