figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
Even my suicide seems to be out of place to me. I can tell the great majority of people here are in their late teens to twenty something. Nothing wrong with that obviously. But I don't feel I can really establish dialogue, even though the main topic is suicide. I'm 50, been (diagnosed) bipolar since my late teens. The fact is when someone says "there's nothing left"I wish they could understand that I can relate to that. I've had a good life, aside terrible depressions. ì'm highly educated (PhD with a thesis on "suicide - authors") I'm married, I've got a daughter. I've got two beagles that I love. I can't really say I've got nothing. I do and being aware of that is how suicide creeps in. Of course, all this is nullified when I'm blinded and delusional by depression. Then, I'm obsessed with death like most people here are, regardless of their age. But I'm no less suicidal than the younger ones. It doesn't feel like I'm "allowed" to be

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fwompie, warm dreams, loopdaloop and 4 others
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Appreciate your candor. I'm also 50 and some more and could be considered as doing well in life from the casual observer. It doesn't change the simple fact that we're all hurting in our own unique ways.
Can't speak for everyone else but I'm glad you're here. Look forward to seeing more of your posts!

• Hugs
Reactions: figurehead and warm dreams
I

imrantahir1208

Oct 22, 2023
You're not alone, I'm 46, was married, have 2 daughters, PhD as well. The right to ctb is completely dependent on the person. I feel if someone is of sound mind and has carefully planned on their suicide they are entitled to their actions.

Reactions: figurehead and warm dreams
U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I would probably be considered under the twenty something category as a 27 year old but nonetheless I'm glad you're here as well. Some of the younger crowd feels the same way of being worry about not being accepted by the older crowds and seeming out of place like that but at the end your just as welcome here as everyone else.

Reactions: figurehead, warm dreams and OccydePoes
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm almost 50, anybody's "allowed" to be.

Reactions: loopdaloop and OccydePoes
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
47 here. There are actually a lot of older people here.

Reactions: figurehead, warm dreams and loopdaloop
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
ive seen many people here in there 30s, 40s, 50s +. i honestly dont ever think about how old someone is unless they mention it, or that theyre in school or something. the anonymity of the internet equalizes us somewhat. im sorry you are feeling isolated. for what its worth, as a 25 year old i dont think theres anything strange about being suicidal at an older age.

Reactions: warm dreams