T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I want to start this off with the fact that I know I should be happier. I'm privileged enough to be able to go to college. Unfortunate that I don't feel super happy with life

Stress with college and life is killing me. I could barely bring myself to shower today. I vomited from stress about an hour ago, and I've cried on and off all day.

I can't quote place why exactly but i am certain it's college. Stress is getting to me and I don't know what to do. When I'm like this, I feel like I'm an immediate danger to myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ultrasharpy123456, mold, Sannti and 2 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Just some random thoughts...

I might find communities for mental health & more efficient (= working less) learning. I'd very strongly consider HealthyGamerGG (youtube vids) & Justin Sung's iCanStudy (youtube vids). There need to be solutions both on the psychological & learning-efficiency levels. Your path sounds unsustainable

As I understand, you don't have a real support structure, in the form of people you can speak your mind with. That's why communities are useful, of people in similar situations. Of course, sasu's good for talking about subjects that'd make them go apeshit

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Just some random thoughts...

I might find communities for mental health & more efficient (= working less) learning. I'd very strongly consider HealthyGamerGG (youtube vids) & Justin Sung's iCanStudy (youtube vids). There need to be solutions both on the psychological & learning-efficiency levels. Your path sounds unsustainable

As I understand, you don't have a real support structure, in the form of people you can speak your mind with. That's why communities are useful, of people in similar situations. Of course, sasu's good for talking about subjects that'd make them go apeshit
Yeah I don't have a real support structure tbh. Thought about therapy soon. I might be able to get an appt soon

NightshadeDreamer

NightshadeDreamer

Student
Apr 28, 2023
Just wanted to say privilege does not equal happiness, having basic needs met does not mean you can't experience negative emotions. Stress is a major problem, fear of not succeeding can really damage us. We don't always know why we feel down, but doesn't diminish its validity. I hope you can see someone soon. You seem like you could need some support. But SaSu has your back.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Just wanted to say privilege does not equal happiness, having basic needs met does not mean you can't experience negative emotions. Stress is a major problem, fear of not succeeding can really damage us. We don't always know why we feel down, but doesn't diminish its validity. I hope you can see someone soon. You seem like you could need some support. But SaSu has your back.
Thank you, I guess it's just part of my depression beating myself up. I can't even place why I'm anxious or depressed, I know there has to be a cause. It's definitely related to college because the vomiting was after an online computer science lecture. Maybe it's because I realized most of the learning in this course is going to be done on my own rather than the teacher helping.

NightshadeDreamer

NightshadeDreamer

Student
Apr 28, 2023
Thank you, I guess it's just part of my depression beating myself up. I can't even place why I'm anxious or depressed, I know there has to be a cause. It's definitely related to college because the vomiting was after an online computer science lecture. Maybe it's because I realized most of the learning in this course is going to be done on my own rather than the teacher helping.
It can be hard to get a grip on the learning style of college. But you will get there. That's a lot of stress you're under, so I understand why you would feel depressed. Happy to listen if you need.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
It can be hard to get a grip on the learning style of college. But you will get there. That's a lot of stress you're under, so I understand why you would feel depressed. Happy to listen if you need.
It's just that so many of my classes vary in professor involvement. Some of my classes, even the online ones, has teachers who will bend over backwards to help you. Others, the teacher seems to not care at all.

This is my second semester and it's for me very stressed. I've worked really hard and I think if I hit the books and study hard this weekend, I can get about a week ahead in all of my classes (it's hard but it greatly reduces my stress if I get ahead)

So far, I'm in 5 classes. Out of those five classes, I'm ahead in Calculus, Intro to Art (not much ahead because he has most assignments locked), and English Composition II.

Im not ahead in Computer Science II, and Fundamentals of Speech. The Fund. Of Speech class is my in-person public speaking class so not much I can do to get ahead there.

NightshadeDreamer

NightshadeDreamer

Student
Apr 28, 2023
It's just that so many of my classes vary in professor involvement. Some of my classes, even the online ones, has teachers who will bend over backwards to help you. Others, the teacher seems to not care at all.

This is my second semester and it's for me very stressed. I've worked really hard and I think if I hit the books and study hard this weekend, I can get about a week ahead in all of my classes (it's hard but it greatly reduces my stress if I get ahead)

So far, I'm in 5 classes. Out of those five classes, I'm ahead in Calculus, Intro to Art (not much ahead because he has most assignments locked), and English Composition II.

Im not ahead in Computer Science II, and Fundamentals of Speech. The Fund. Of Speech class is my in-person public speaking class so not much I can do to get ahead there.
Sounds like a lot on your plate, I can definitely understand how all this would be so stressful for you. Hopefully it gets easier once you get the hang of it. But your topics vary a lot and that would stress me out

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Sounds like a lot on your plate, I can definitely understand how all this would be so stressful for you. Hopefully it gets easier once you get the hang of it. But your topics vary a lot and that would stress me out
Yeah the various topics can get very stressful, it's pretty much all online which doesn't help me. I do think I'll get the hang of it, and at least I'm doing a good chunk of gen ed in community college because I think some of these would be harder in university.

NightshadeDreamer

NightshadeDreamer

Student
Apr 28, 2023
Yeah the various topics can get very stressful, it's pretty much all online which doesn't help me. I do think I'll get the hang of it, and at least I'm doing a good chunk of gen ed in community college because I think some of these would be harder in university.
Feel free to pm if you need