I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
So I have a certain condition where I don't need surgery, but I need it to live a normal, happy life. I feel really bad getting it because I might just kill myself and then I've taken medical resources someone else could have used. :/ IDK what to do, on one hand I want to get better, but on the other hand if I do ctb it's such a waste...

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks and demuic
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I honestly dont think it is a waste even if you were to live one day feeling better as a result of this procesure before you ctb is still worth it. Society and seevices are not in such horribly scarce shape that you are warranted to feel like you are leeching off resources. Society owes it to us to provide us with the best level of available interventions to make our life better when there is an opportunity to do so. Just because someone have money to be able to afford it and pay for it doesnt make them more entitled than you or me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight, InezSerrano and Life sucks
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Superdeterminist, BrokenBliss, Foresight and 5 others
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
So I have a certain condition where I don't need surgery, but I need it to live a normal, happy life. I feel really bad getting it because I might just kill myself and then I've taken medical resources someone else could have used. :/ IDK what to do, on one hand I want to get better, but on the other hand if I do ctb it's such a waste...
Self improvement, if only attempted self improvement, is never a failure. See how you feel after that surgery.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight, InezSerrano, Wisdom3_1-9 and 2 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Don't feel bad for expending resources, that is simply a part of being alive. These people get paid a pretty penny for their work and in good conscious cannot deny you a procedure that would improve your quality of life dramatically, suicidal or not.

Doctors (surgeons especially) are in the upper echelons of society and will get paid more in a year than an impoverished person would in a lifetime. At the end of the day, they are performing a service for money and there should be no guilt tripping over who engages with their services and the type of care they require, especially when there are insane costs involved with most procedures.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, InezSerrano and Life sucks
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I can somewhat relate. In my case the procedure is something I very much want and would greatly increase the quality of my life, but at this point I have very little energy to deal with medical personnel, making phone calls, etc I somewhat feel like it's a waste since I want to kill myself soon anyway. I don't want to gain any false hope of feeling better after having this pain relieved, I've dealt with it for so long, the damage has already been done, and I'm already broken.

If you feel like you are physically able to go through with it, then you should. I wish I did.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sides, Skathon, Foresight and 5 others
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
You stated you need it. You should have it done.

Reactions: OrcWitch
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Quality of life matters. You can have a beating heart in a barren life and you're really not living. I got tissue removed from my nose a few years back. I had systemic inflammation after a car accident. Before surgery I could breathe, I could walk, and I could live but I'll be damned if smoother breathing didn't make life easier. Get the surgery and let it give you a better quality of life. It doesn't matter how short that turns out to be. It's invaluable and every individual should have access to that whether they ctb soon or not.

Is this a transplant type of surgery? I'm curious where this concern for resources comes from.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Considering our health problems are created by mutual collective sadistic illusions created by a sick society I wouldn't worry too much.
When the overlords who create it are laying down for a nice relaxing massage after straining their body raping and torturing someone in a sick ritual.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Snake of Eden
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Well I could live without it, it would just kind of suck.
There is no nobility in unnecessary suffering. Have the surgery and go from there.

It's not possible to predict the impact the surgery will have on your life, so you might as well give it a try. Who knows? you may feel differently about ctb after it's done.