• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
Carbon monoxide in a car using a bucket of coals was my method for a long time until I went down the rabbit hole of SN. To cut a long story short I decided to just stop procrastinating and go for it yesterday.

Compact modern rental car. Drove to a beautiful part of the country and went to an off-season campsite where there are little shepherd's huts to sleep in, fire pits etc. Owner said I had the field to myself. Even gave me firewood and wished me happy bonfire night.

Felt really calm. Got my paperwork in order. Phoned my mum to tell her I loved her. Prepared the car by folding the back seats down, covering air vents with gorilla tape (although because it was such a modern compact car it was already well sealed). Placed a paving slab and some bricks in the boot (bought on the way in a hardware shop). Even put baking foil on the roof above the slab just in case of excess heat from the coals.

Started with a bit of vodka and my first 5mg valium at 7.30pm as I lit the 2kg bag of Webber charcoal in the chimney starter. Lots of smoke for 15 minutes then nice flames to evenly burn the coals. Had more vodka and a second valium which made me totally calm and zen. After 25 mins or so in the chimney I poured the coals out into a metal bucket (which had small holes in the side and bottom). Most were grey on the outside, red inside, some were still flaming a bit so I left them for another 10 minutes to chill.

Had my 3rd valium (so 15mg in total) and the rest of the vodka just after 8pm. Carried the bucket of coals into the boot of the car with heat-resistant builders gloves. Rested the bucket on two bricks on top of the paving slab. Shut the boot.

Got into the car quickly around 8.15pm. Sat in the drivers seat, reclined, pillow behind my neck. That's the last thing I remember. I've honestly never blacked out from booze or benzos before but I don't remember anything until waking up at around 4m shivering. No headache. No dizziness. No weird feelings (except the buzz of the alcohol and the calm of the valium).

I was absolutely gutted. Couldn't believe I'd slept around 8 hours in a small car with 2kg of hot coals and nothing happened. Opened the boot to see all the coals turned to ash.

Went back into my shepherd's hut and slept for the rest of the morning. So pissed off because such a tight looking plan failed (despite all the reading and preparation I'd done for months), the fact that I'd psyched myself up to finally do it (which is way harder than it sounds) and nothing happened.

Plus now I'm concerned why I felt no side-effects in the car at all. And no sickness/dizziness today. I've read that the long-term damage to having acute exposure to CO comes 2-40 days after the incident (something called Delayed Neurological Sequelea) which can be nasty....memory loss, Parkinson-like shaking, depression psychosis, weird gait etc. Happens to 40% of survivors apparently.

I just can't believe what looked like the perfect set-up in the perfect place failed. It makes you feel even worse when you're all ready to CTB and nothing happens.

* Was the volume of charcoal enough (1kg is usually ok for a car, I used 2kg)?
* Was the make of charcoal wrong (Webber briquettes is usually solid)?
* Was there a leak in the car (it was a small modern compact car and I'd sealed the vents)?
* Was exposure time too short (should be 2-3 hours max for death zone, I was in there for 8)?

Any input welcome. Not sure I'd do the CO method again as I'm so disappointed. Will revert back to SN as soon as it arrives in the post.

---------------
NB: Hire car is fine. No smell (CO is odourless), no burn marks (make sure flames/smoke happens outside before bringing in and resting on bricks)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: park.mr, AngelGirl, russian_roulette and 13 others
R

Rohit

Oct 22, 2019
Carbon monoxide in a car using a bucket of coals was my method for a long time until I went down the rabbit hole of SN. To cut a long story short I decided to just stop procrastinating and go for it yesterday.

Compact modern rental car. Drove to a beautiful part of the country and went to an off-season campsite where there are little shepherd's huts to sleep in, fire pits etc. Owner said I had the field to myself. Even gave me firewood and wished me happy bonfire night.

Felt really calm. Got my paperwork in order. Phoned my mum to tell her I loved her. Prepared the car by folding the back seats down, covering air vents with gorilla tape (although because it was such a modern compact car it was already well sealed). Placed a paving slab and some bricks in the boot (bought on the way in a hardware shop). Even put baking foil on the roof above the slab just in case of excess heat from the coals.

Started with a bit of vodka and my first 5mg valium at 7.30pm as I lit the 2kg bag of Webber charcoal in the chimney starter. Lots of smoke for 15 minutes then nice flames to evenly burn the coals. Had more vodka and a second valium which made me totally calm and zen. After 25 mins or so in the chimney I poured the coals out into a metal bucket (which had small holes in the side and bottom). Most were grey on the outside, red inside, some were still flaming a bit so I left them for another 10 minutes to chill.

Had my 3rd valium (so 15mg in total) and the rest of the vodka just after 8pm. Carried the bucket of coals into the boot of the car with heat-resistant builders gloves. Rested the bucket on two bricks on top of the paving slab. Shut the boot.

Got into the car quickly around 8.15pm. Sat in the drivers seat, reclined, pillow behind my neck. That's the last thing I remember. I've honestly never blacked out from booze or benzos before but I don't remember anything until waking up at around 4m shivering. No headache. No dizziness. No weird feelings (except the buzz of the alcohol and the calm of the valium).

I was absolutely gutted. Couldn't believe I'd slept around 8 hours in a small car with 2kg of hot coals and nothing happened. Opened the boot to see all the coals turned to ash.

Went back into my shepherd's hut and slept for the rest of the morning. So pissed off because such a tight looking plan failed (despite all the reading and preparation I'd done for months), the fact that I'd psyched myself up to finally do it (which is way harder than it sounds) and nothing happened.

Plus now I'm concerned why I felt no side-effects in the car at all. And no sickness/dizziness today. I've read that the long-term damage to having acute exposure to CO comes 2-40 days after the incident (something called Delayed Neurological Sequelea) which can be nasty....memory loss, Parkinson-like shaking, depression psychosis, weird gait etc. Happens to 40% of survivors apparently.

I just can't believe what looked like the perfect set-up in the perfect place failed. It makes you feel even worse when you're all ready to CTB and nothing happens.

* Was there a leak in the car (it was a small modern compact car and I'd sealed the vents)?
* Was exposure time too short (should be 2-3 hours max for death zone, I was in there for 8)?

Any input welcome. Not sure I'd do the CO method again as I'm so disappointed. Will revert back to SN as soon as it arrives in the post.

Just look in to this

RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
This was exactly my plan last year, to rent something like a shepherd's hut and put coals in the car. I've no thoughts on why it didn't work. I'm sorry. Are you still at the hut? How are you feeling?

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
This was exactly my plan last year, to rent something like a shepherd's hut and put coals in the car. I've no thoughts on why it didn't work. I'm sorry. Are you still at the hut? How are you feeling?
Drove back home today. Groggy from valium/booze but still no CO symptoms. Really puzzling. Back to the SN planning for me.
That are bad News.
At least I know I can actually take action to CTB. I spent too long on here procrastinating and worrying about every little thing, but yesterday I felt a really calm peace and no SI as I stepped into the car. The valium and booze helped but at least I know I can carry out a method.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: yetme, autumnal, Absurdity and 5 others
bigoutfit

bigoutfit

Oct 7, 2019
I remember when I tried this. But I did it in my room. I live in a detached bungalow so there was no risk to anyone else. I followed the guide in the CO Mega thread. Let the coals turn to white like it said and I remember being in my room thinking ""this isn't working"...then Bham! I felt so dizzy and a calm came over me thinking "this is it". the next few hours are a complete blur.

I remember being in and out out of consciousness maybe. I couldn't move off my bed, couldn't even lift my legs to move and didn't know if I was dreaming or what was going on. Took a few days to finally recover my strength as I could hardly walk after doing it.

I think the room I used was just to big and I am pretty confident if I did it in my bathroom or a car in the future I would be able to finish the job so to speak.

I just wanted to CTB in bed that is all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, autumnal, veren4h92l and 2 others
CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
I remember when I tried this. But I did it in my room. I live in a detached bungalow so there was no risk to anyone else. I followed the guide in the CO Mega thread. Let the coals turn to white like it said and I remember being in my room thinking ""this isn't working"...then Bham! I felt so dizzy and a calm came over me thinking "this is it". the next few hours are a complete blur.

I remember being in and out out of consciousness maybe. I couldn't move off my bed, couldn't even lift my legs to move and didn't know if I was dreaming or what was going on. Took a few days to finally recover my strength as I could hardly walk after doing it.

I think the room I used was just to big and I am pretty confident if I did it in my bathroom or a car in the future I would be able to finish the job so to speak.

Any lasting side-effects from the CO?

bigoutfit

bigoutfit

Oct 7, 2019
Honestly no. I felt tired as hell for a few days, and my memory was a bit off for about a week or so. Nothing bad just not as quick as I once was. Saying that mentally I was in a bad place so wasn't really eating that much at the time as I just didn't care anymore. So I am not sure if the whole not eating was the cause. I am sure it didn't help.

But now I feel fine. Well as fine as I possibly can. But no. No lasting effects.

• Hugs
Reactions: SawItOnce and Soul
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019

That's really weird that nothing happened at all.

25 minutes in a chimney starter may not have been enough time. Any test I've ever tried I left the coals in the chimney starter at least an hour. I have a 13 foot long x 4 foot high x 5 foot wide van, so I did 2 pails and it got up to 7075 ppm in 2 & a half hours. The next test I tried 3 pails & the ppm got to 7525 in an hour & a half (but it got hot as hell - 101 Farenheight pretty much through the 2 hour test). The point is, the coals were in the chimney starters an hour, maybe an hour 15 minutes before I tipped them in the buckets, & the ppm was through the roof. The coals were gray and glowing, & I only saw black spots on a few of them.

But there was one test I did where I used magazine paper instead of newspaper in the bottom of the chimney starter and the coals didn't get lit evenly at all. Magazine paper's hard as hell to burn rolled up tight, so I think one side didn't burn properly, even after an hour in the chimney starter. That's the only thing I can figure, anyway. I put one pail in and the reading only got to around 3200 ppm in 2 & a half hours, then everything just...stopped, & the reading on the CO meter started dropping fast. I looked throught the window and the pail was full of ash. There was nothing else I could figure except the coals didn't burn evenly.

So maybe the coals didn't burn evenly in the chimney starter? It's really the only thing I can think of, other than you had a leak somewhere. Or maybe both.

Oh, I used Kingsford briquettes instead of Weber. I doubt that matters though.

Not an expert on this but it's my method of choice too. Just giving my 2 cents for free. Good luck to you, hope things go better next time, if there is a next time.

Reactions: InTheAirTonight and ThisIsTheLastNight
CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
That's really weird that nothing happened at all.

25 minutes in a chimney starter may not have been enough time. Any test I've ever tried I left the coals in the chimney starter at least an hour. I have a 13 foot long x 4 foot high x 5 foot wide van, so I did 2 pails and it got up to 7075 ppm in 2 & a half hours. The next test I tried 3 pails & the ppm got to 7525 in an hour & a half (but it got hot as hell - 101 Farenheight pretty much through the 2 hour test). The point is, the coals were in the chimney starters an hour, maybe an hour 15 minutes before I tipped them in the buckets, & the ppm was through the roof. The coals were gray and glowing, & I only saw black spots on a few of them.

But there was one test I did where I used magazine paper instead of newspaper in the bottom of the chimney starter and the coals didn't get lit evenly at all. Magazine paper's hard as hell to burn rolled up tight, so I think one side didn't burn properly, even after an hour in the chimney starter. That's the only thing I can figure, anyway. I put one pail in and the reading only got to around 3200 ppm in 2 & a half hours, then everything just...stopped, & the reading on the CO meter started dropping fast. I looked throught the window and the pail was full of ash. There was nothing else I could figure except the coals didn't burn evenly.

So maybe the coals didn't burn evenly in the chimney starter? It's really the only thing I can think of, other than you had a leak somewhere. Or maybe both.

Oh, I used Kingsford briquettes instead of Weber. I doubt that matters though.

Not an expert on this but it's my method of choice too. Just giving my 2 cents for free. Good luck to you, hope things go better next time, if there is a next time.
Cheers for that. I'd tested the chimney starter and Weber briquettes before, following their guidelines of 25-ish minutes in there before tipping into a grill. Seemed enough time for the 2kg of charcoal to turn ash grey and glow. Left in bucket then for the last flames to die down. I definitely passed out (unconscious?) when getting into the car. Can't say 100% if that was booze/benzos or the coals. I just can't work out how I'm still here after 8 hours inside there. But will try again if the SN is still causing big debates on here because of the technical uncertainties. At least the CO method was painless yesterday. Oh and the temp inside the car felt fine. Outside was 10'C and with the coals inside it was maybe 15-20'C. Woke up shivering by 4am when the coals had vanished.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
bigoutfit

bigoutfit

Oct 7, 2019
Cheers for that. I'd tested the chimney starter and Weber briquettes before, following their guidelines of 25-ish minutes in there before tipping into a grill. Seemed enough time for the 2kg of charcoal to turn ash grey and glow. Left in bucket then for the last flames to die down. I definitely passed out (unconscious?) when getting into the car. Can't say 100% if that was booze/benzos or the coals. I just can't work out how I'm still here after 8 hours inside there. But will try again if the SN is still causing big debates on here because of the technical uncertainties. At least the CO method was painless yesterday. Oh and the temp inside the car felt fine. Outside was 10'C and with the coals inside it was maybe 15-20'C. Woke up shivering by 4am when the coals had vanished.

Sorry I also forgot to add to my post. Now that you mention it I also had no pain what so ever, so that is a huge plus for me with this method. Obviously I cannot say it would be the same for everyone. Just adding my experience

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I have not researched the CO method by coals at all. But could it have been the type of charcoal? Maybe they change the way they make it? That or the car was not truly sealed.

Reactions: autumnal and Deleted member 1768
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018

Did you have memory problems from it?

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
I have not researched the CO method by coals at all. But could it have been the type of charcoal? Maybe they change the way they make it? That or the car was not truly sealed.
There's a decent megathread on CO here, and Weber briquettes are classics. I'm still puzzled what happened, as modern small cars are so well sealed and lots of other people are using those cheap disposable bbqs (which hold around 500g of poorer quality lumpwood) and get the job done. I wrote a quick post on it here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/disposable-bbq-car-method-co-simplified.25162/

passenger27

passenger27

Aug 25, 2019
That's all just really weird. To not have a headache or anything, & the temperature not going up much in the car...it had to be a leak somewhere.

I hate stories like this because it shows no way is certain. I got on the SN bandwagon for a little while myself but it turned out it wouldn't be a good idea for me because I have ulcers, & ulcers & salt wouldn't mix that well. I want to ctb, but not in agony, you know? That's why I chose CO. Life's hurt enough, why hurt on the way out?

bigoutfit

bigoutfit

Oct 7, 2019
Did you have memory problems from it?

Honestly no. I felt tired as hell for a few days, and my memory was a bit off for about a week or so. Nothing bad just not as quick as I once was. Saying that mentally I was in a bad place so wasn't really eating that much at the time as I just didn't care anymore. So I am not sure if the whole not eating was the cause. I am sure it didn't help.

But now I feel fine. Well as fine as I possibly can. But no. No lasting effects and my memory is back to how it was before I made the attempt.

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
That's all just really weird. To not have a headache or anything, & the temperature not going up much in the car...it had to be a leak somewhere.

I hate stories like this because it shows no way is certain. I got on the SN bandwagon for a little while myself but it turned out it wouldn't be a good idea for me because I have ulcers, & ulcers & salt wouldn't mix that well. I want to ctb, but not in agony, you know? That's why I chose CO. Life's hurt enough, why hurt on the way out?
I still really like the CO method... feels natural dying with burning charcoal, and there was no pain yesterday, just a deep deep sleep. Going to try different location (small cabin, bathroom) and different quantities of charcoal. Maybe two different brands.

Reactions: NoDream
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
No nasty fume odeur? Does the car not smell a bit smoky?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry about whatever brought you to this, @CaptainT, and sorry things didn't go as you hoped. I'm puzzled that the coals were in the boot; from other people's posts I understood that they should be in the car, eg in the back seat, not in the boot.

But assuming I'm misunderstanding something about where you were in relation to the coals ... could you have opened a window while unconscious? and the closed it as it got colder? Sounds a bit elaborate but our bodies have minds of their own sometimes.

Or ... you don't have any pulmonary conditions, do you? Those interfere with inert-gas methods.

In any case, be sure to be good to yourself: keep hydrated, get lots of rest and fresh air, eat your spinach and all that. x

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
No nasty fume odeur? Does the car not smell a bit smoky?
Nothing. That's the advantage of coals rather than the disposable bbqs. Make sure to burn the coals outside until no smoke/flames.
I'm sorry about whatever brought you to this, @CaptainT, and sorry things didn't go as you hoped. I'm puzzled that the coals were in the boot; from other people's posts I understood that they should be in the car, eg in the back seat, not in the boot.

But assuming I'm misunderstanding something about where you were in relation to the coals ... could you have opened a window while unconscious? and the closed it as it got colder? Sounds a bit elaborate but our bodies have minds of their own sometimes.

Or ... you don't have any pulmonary conditions, do you? Those interfere with inert-gas methods.

In any case, be sure to be good to yourself: keep hydrated, get lots of rest and fresh air, eat your spinach and all that. x
Cheers Soul, big fan of spinach so not a problem:) In the UK we call the trunk the "boot" which in most compact cars like the one yesterday is open. So with the backseat down it's just the rear of the vehicle. I was lying on the reclined drivers seat only a few feet from the bucket on bricks.

Reactions: autumnal
passenger27

passenger27

Aug 25, 2019
I still really like the CO method... feels natural dying with burning charcoal, and there was no pain yesterday, just a deep deep sleep. Going to try different location (small cabin, bathroom) and different quantities of charcoal. Maybe two different brands.
Yeah, it does sort of seem like a natural way to go. Good luck to you man. I'll be trying soon as I get my care package of antiemetics I ordered for SN. They'll still come in handy though because I must have 120 1 mg Klonopins and 750 or so 5 mg Valiums. Add some alcohol and that's a hurl waiting to happen. Hope meto helps with all that like they say.

ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
Hey i also tried to kill myself in my car using CO, but instead of charcoal i mixed formic acid and sulfuric acid. I was unconscious after about 10 seconds and woke up after two hours. That's why I know how disappointed you feel when you have survived something you should actually be dead from. To raise the energy to prepare everything for his own dead, overcoming the survival instinct and then waking up and knowing everything was in vain, it's as if everything was conspiring against oneself. I have what I had experienced at the time described in the co megathread.

To the long-term consequences, I can tell you that I have everything you have described except the weird gait. However, it was like that when I woke up I had a lot of ear-noises and a brain damage. Could not think straight when I woke up. Within a few hours, I was able to think again fairly clear, even if I had a hard time driving on the first day. I quickly got better and thought I would have no long-term consequences but as you wrote, after about a month it was getting worse. Today I have strong memory problems, new things that I would have noticed earlier do not stay in the memory. After an hour or so, they are just gone. I sometimes have short twitches in my sleep. In the beginning my writing had been very bad, meanwhile it is again as it used to be, but i can only count badly. Sometimes I get a headache in which it feels like my brain is freezing. I think that you will know just in a couple of months if you will have long-term consequences.

For me it was such a bad experience that CO died for me as well. It's just a safe way to get brain damage but not to kill myself. Had masked all the ventilation holes in my car and even used an oxygen mask on which I had inhaled the CO directly. I think it is very hard to seal a car so that there is no air escapes. In the car in the footwell are also ventilation holes, and who knows where else.

• Aww..
Reactions: park.mr
Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
It's so depressing to read about your experiences... I really wanted to die that way. I don't get it, how are others able to die by CO? It is not uncommon you know... I've heard and read about many who killed themselves by CO, even by just buying a small tent and 3 grillshells (correct word in english?).

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
It's so depressing to read about your experiences... I really wanted to die that way. I don't get it, how are others able to die by CO? It is not uncommon you know... I've heard and read about many who killed themselves by CO, even by just buying a small tent and 3 grillshells (correct word in english?).
I'll do some more tests with different locations / types of charcoal. It can't be that hard, as you said so many people do it accidentally and in Asia they've got it down to a fine art

Reactions: The End Is Now 23 and Alessa
T

The End Is Now 23

Nov 6, 2019
Reading this has really disappointed me and I'm sorry it didn't work for you! I've also been thinking about doing it the co way, buying 3 disposable bbq's lighting them outside, waiting for the coals to go white then placing them on a stone slab in the boot of my car and going to sleep, hopefully forever

Reactions: atdeathsdoor
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Hey i also tried to kill myself in my car using CO, but instead of charcoal i mixed formic acid and sulfuric acid. I was unconscious after about 10 seconds and woke up after two hours. That's why I know how disappointed you feel when you have survived something you should actually be dead from. To raise the energy to prepare everything for his own dead, overcoming the survival instinct and then waking up and knowing everything was in vain, it's as if everything was conspiring against oneself. I have what I had experienced at the time described in the co megathread.

To the long-term consequences, I can tell you that I have everything you have described except the weird gait. However, it was like that when I woke up I had a lot of ear-noises and a brain damage. Could not think straight when I woke up. Within a few hours, I was able to think again fairly clear, even if I had a hard time driving on the first day. I quickly got better and thought I would have no long-term consequences but as you wrote, after about a month it was getting worse. Today I have strong memory problems, new things that I would have noticed earlier do not stay in the memory. After an hour or so, they are just gone. I sometimes have short twitches in my sleep. In the beginning my writing had been very bad, meanwhile it is again as it used to be, but i can only count badly. Sometimes I get a headache in which it feels like my brain is freezing. I think that you will know just in a couple of months if you will have long-term consequences.

For me it was such a bad experience that CO died for me as well. It's just a safe way to get brain damage but not to kill myself. Had masked all the ventilation holes in my car and even used an oxygen mask on which I had inhaled the CO directly. I think it is very hard to seal a car so that there is no air escapes. In the car in the footwell are also ventilation holes, and who knows where else.

I'm sorry you're going through that. May I ask how much acid you used?

It is troubling when usually successful methods don't work.

Reactions: yellowjasmine88
CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
Reading this has really disappointed me and I'm sorry it didn't work for you! I've also been thinking about doing it the co way, buying 3 disposable bbq's lighting them outside, waiting for the coals to go white then placing them on a stone slab in the boot of my car and going to sleep, hopefully forever
I tested those disposable bbqs earlier this week before my attempt and found they give off lots more heat (they're lumpwood) and the smell is much stronger (maybe they impregnate the coals with a fire lighter?). Just briquettes in a bucket was much cleaner. But those stories you read on the news of CO in cars are mostly with 1 single disposable bbq (500g max) so I'm puzzled how they do it!

Reactions: yellowjasmine88, HopelessFashionista and The End Is Now 23
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'll do some more tests with different locations / types of charcoal. It can't be that hard, as you said so many people do it accidentally and in Asia they've got it down to a fine art

It does seem like it should be easy, but with so many threads about failed attempts it obviously isn't. I have a semi-theory about Asian charcoal having a significantly different composition than what's commonly available here, but I don't actually know what I'm talking about so I'll just watch your experiments with interest.

Thanks for explaining about the location of the coals. I knew the boot is the trunk but didn't realise it opens directly into the car.

ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
I'm sorry you're going through that. May I ask how much acid you used?

It is troubling when usually successful methods don't work.
Thank you for your nice words. I'm also sorry you feel so bad that you had to come to a place like this. I used one litre formic acid and two litre sulfuric acid. Had described everything as detailed as possible here: (I'm sorry is a bit chaotic and incomprehensible, that was written shortly after that happened and i was pretty much done)
I tried suicide by combining formic acid and sulfuric acid, to create carbon monoxide in a car and i want to share my experience. I hope my report will someone save from a horrible fate.

First of all, after what i have experienced, i would nobody advise to kill themself with that method. The risk is to high to survive and being brain-damaged. I dont know how i have survived, and even almost unharmed. After all what i have read, i should be dead. I still cannot entire believe that i have survived. And it makes me very sad that i am still alive. I wish it had gone as I had hoped.

I will report as detailed as possible.

I buyed one litre 85% of technical purity formic acid and two litre 95% of technical purity sulfuric acid on the internet.
I also buyed five 2 litre jars with a cap, two 10 litre plastic water cans, tubes and a oxygen mask. My aim was to build two carbon monoxid generators like the gulps machine. You can look a video about it on vimeo.

I made at home a hole in every jar cap and pulled a 6mm tube in it. The jars had the purpose to store the acids. The other side of the tube endet in one of the water cans. The water cans were filled to the half with water to absorb the fumes from the acids. To one water canister were two jars attached, to the other three jars. To the water canister with the two jars i had attached a oxygen mask and closed the cap. So that all carbon monoxide had to flow through the oxygen mask directly to my mouth. The water canister where the three jars were attached i let the cap open. So the carbon monoxid can exit the water canister there. After it was deep night, i drove to the forest with my stuff.

I parked my small car. With a duct tape, i closed all the vent holes, except the vent holes near the floor. After that i took the seats in the horizontal position. I put the two water canisters in the footwell of the front seat-passanger and put the jars on the ground, in front of the seat-passanger door. Than i opened the formic acid. I was glad that i had safety glasses and silicone protective gloves. In every of the jars i put about 200ml of formic acid. I smelled the fumes. It smells like vinegar. After that i opened one of the sulfuric acid bottles and put about 400ml in two jars and 200ml in one jar. The reaction begun instantly. I opened the second sulfuric acid bottle and filled the remaining jars. After that i pulled 3 jars in the footwell of the front seat-passanger and two jars on the seat of the passanger. I went to the driver seat. Put the oxygen mask on my mouth and noticed that air came from the mask. But i smelled nothing. I layed back on the seat and waited to die. After about 5 seconds i fell a little bit unwell. After 8 seconds my eyes begun to close. After 10 seconds i was sleeping.
I dreamed nothing. My life did not flashed before my eyes.

After two hours i woked up. I were not able to think normal. I thought i will be brain-damaged now. I know now how brain-damaged people feel. I was very angry that i were not dead. And i was very afraid that i would be brain-damaged now. I just wanted to die. I tried to set my car in fire to die. I tried to burn the passanger seat with a lighter. But now i know they are fireproof. I begun to realize that i will not die now. So i opened the windows and layed on the seat. I had no power, the easiest things, like searching for my smartphone, made me exhausted. I had headaches and was sick. I had not vomited but in the sleep i pissed myself. After about an hour, i were able to put the acids out of the car. The car smelled after formic acid. It was unbearable. I were not able to move for the next 6 hours. I feel now dumber. Something had happened with my brain. I dont know how i were able to survive this. After what happened to me, i will never do suicide with carbon monoxide again and i cannot recommend it to anyone.

• Aww..
Reactions: park.mr, yellowjasmine88 and Halo13
CrushedHopes

CrushedHopes

Ex-narcissist that is looking to end himself soon
Nov 3, 2019
In that case, I would recommend you go with SN should you want to CTB again. SN has a higher chance of success, after all.

Reactions: autumnal