I

ijustwantedachance

Jun 21, 2024
The only thing I wanted in this life was to fix things with my wife. I truly love her more anyone could ever imagine. The only thing I could ever ask for is to spend my life with her. But she doesn't want. She is dead set on getting a divorce with me and doing everything possible to make sure I give her as soon as possible. But now she doesn't have to worry about the divorce paperwork anymore.

I tried the "night night" method twice yesterday, both times I failed. I don't know how.

Attempt #1: I started around noon yesterday and tightened the ratchet, I started to knock out and I woke up about 3 hours later in a position where the ratchet strap was a little bit loose.

After I woke up, I was determined to get it right the next time.

Attempt #2: I started around 6 PM yesterday, I double stacked the bean bags because I thought that would help, and tightened it even more than last time. I passed out and woke up at 10 AM today with the bean bags fallen out.

This is very frustrating, but I'm going to try again today, I was following the instructions of slowly tightening but clearly I need to tighten faster. Anyone have any tips to make sure I succeed.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
Hey, I think you've realized why it hasn't worked, in both cases the ratchet came loose. Now I can't say what you're doing wrong without knowing your positioning and how tight you had it. But I will say, you're really risking a lot here. The nigh-night method can cause some serious brain damage if you don't do it right. Considering how many times you've tried, if you really did block blood flow even for a couple of minutes, you may have caused irreversible damage. You wouldn't wanna end up waking up in a worse physical and mental state than you're in, right? Why not give it more time and do more research?

Reactions: Higurashi415, DontTouchMeImFamous, kvsvenky100 and 4 others
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Experienced
Feb 11, 2024
The only thing I wanted in this life was to fix things with my wife. I truly love her more anyone could ever imagine. The only thing I could ever ask for is to spend my life with her. But she doesn't want. She is dead set on getting a divorce with me and doing everything possible to make sure I give her as soon as possible. But now she doesn't have to worry about the divorce paperwork anymore.

I tried the "night night" method twice yesterday, both times I failed. I don't know how.

Attempt #1: I started around noon yesterday and tightened the ratchet, I started to knock out and I woke up about 3 hours later in a position where the ratchet strap was a little bit loose.

After I woke up, I was determined to get it right the next time.

Attempt #2: I started around 6 PM yesterday, I double stacked the bean bags because I thought that would help, and tightened it even more than last time. I passed out and woke up at 10 AM today with the bean bags fallen out.

This is very frustrating, but I'm going to try again today, I was following the instructions of slowly tightening but clearly I need to tighten faster. Anyone have any tips to make sure I succeed.

So you passed out for 3-4 hours both times? Were you unconscious the whole time or you fell unconscious and then went to sleep while you were unconscious? I thought you wake up within 20 seconds after falling unconscious. You must've had that on TIGHT!

M

MiaBhai

Jun 30, 2024
I guess he succeeded since he has not replied. I hope he found peace now.

Reactions: DontTouchMeImFamous
maxoffline

maxoffline

dancing in my room with my kitty
Sep 25, 2023
I sincerely hope you're at peace now, assuming you succeeded.
If you didn't succeed and would like someone to talk to, my dms are open.

iknewitallalong

iknewitallalong

Jul 2, 2024
Hey, I think you've realized why it hasn't worked, in both cases the ratchet came loose. Now I can't say what you're doing wrong without knowing your positioning and how tight you had it. But I will say, you're really risking a lot here. The nigh-night method can cause some serious brain damage if you don't do it right. Considering how many times you've tried, if you really did block blood flow even for a couple of minutes, you may have caused irreversible damage. You wouldn't wanna end up waking up in a worse physical and mental state than you're in, right? Why not give it more time and do more research?
Could you share the page where brain damage from night night is mentioned...this was my concern and i haven't found anything in the megathread about this yet just a whole bunch of people ''practicing''...how we are we supposed to go through with this method if testing it is dangerous

Reactions: DontTouchMeImFamous and 4everHeartBroken
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Could you share the page where brain damage from night night is mentioned...this was my concern and i haven't found anything in the megathread about this yet just a whole bunch of people ''practicing''...how we are we supposed to go through with this method if testing it is dangerous
Any lack of oxygen, stop of blood flow leads to brain damage - that's always a risk!

Here's a thread that might be of interest for you:

iknewitallalong

iknewitallalong

Jul 2, 2024
Any lack of oxygen, stop of blood flow leads to brain damage - that's always a risk!

Here's a thread that might be of interest for you:

Mhmm thanks for sharing...Can I ask what methods you think are safer incase of failure.SN sounds safer. Also the probability of dying seems higher..

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Mhmm thanks for sharing...Can I ask what methods you think are safer incase of failure.SN sounds safer. Also the probability of dying seems higher..
It's hard to say bc any method comes with its risks and in the end it's either brain damage or organ damage or a mix of both that leads to death, otherwise, we'd not die if there wasn't any damage to our body happening.

There is the Suicide Resource Compilation. You can read about methods there and a lot of questions have already been discussed many times.

As your account is new, you need some more posts and some more account age, then you will have access to the search, chat and PM.

iknewitallalong

iknewitallalong

Jul 2, 2024
It's hard to say bc any method comes with its risks and in the end it's either brain damage or organ damage or a mix of both that leads to death, otherwise, we'd not die if there wasn't any damage to our body happening.

There is the Suicide Resource Compilation. You can read about methods there and a lot of questions have already been discussed many times.

As your account is new, you need some more posts and some more account age, then you will have access to the search, chat and PM.

ok thank you so much. It's a crying shame how resilient the body can be sometimes..

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
I don't have a reputable source specifically for this method, because I believe it falls under the same category as certain kinds of hanging. Which means it relies on restriction of blood flow to the brain to achieve death. There are is two ways death can be caused by neck constriction:
  1. Asphyxiation: Tightening the airways to prevent oxygen from reaching the lungs, leading to suffocation.
  2. Cerebral Ischemia: This occurs when there is an inadequate blood supply to the brain, which can lead to brain damage and death.
The "night night" method falls under cerebral ischemia, because the airways are usually left open, but pressure is applied to the two carotid arteries (mainly), blocking blood flow to the brain (ischemia). You can refer to this National Library of Medicine's article on Cerebral Ischemia:
"Complex homeostatic mechanisms act to maintain cerebral blood flow at a relatively stable rate of about 50 ml/100g of brain tissue per minute... When this blood flow is compromised, the result is cerebral ischemia, one of the most common mechanisms of brain dysfunction and damage"
This is where the brain damage comes in. There may be no significant risk in testing, if you don't completely cut off supply and are applying just enough pressure to produce an effect. The problem is repeatedly attempting and failing, because in an attempt you are trying to kill yourself. Essentially, you aim is to completely cut off supply. If you achieve this, but during the process, your constricting device shifts and blood flow is restored, eventually returning you to consciousness, the neurological damage will depend on how long your brain was deprived of oxygen.

So attempting and failing over and over, risks you actually causing permanent injury. Leaving you disabled possibly for life.

Last edited:
E

EscapeFromLife

Jul 1, 2024
Can anyone please link me to the details of Tourniquet methods? Like the other megathreads?

Last edited:
DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
Tried "night night" at least six times. Did everything by the book. Doesn't work for shit.

Reactions: thecolourgold
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
That is an interesting thread, though there is a slight inconsistency. Has been in a coma 1 1/2 years but joined the forum approx. 1 year ago before posting the message.
Yes, I noticed that. But actually our brains can keep up the most basic functions with very little oxygen. Our brains don't care whether we are disabled / brain-damaged or not.

d3ad

d3ad

Student
Mar 15, 2023
I am so sorry, pal. If you need someone to talk to, please hit my DMs.