nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
i have not one single skill talent hobbies, not one single ambition no drive to learn anything or be alive. even this thread is a failure. i cant kill myself because ive failed that too, just a completely worthless waste of space. nothing.
failed at socializing too, once people realize how much of a waste of space i am they actively distance themselves from me. i have nothing good to offer anyone, not one thing.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Huggs, Harrow, sserafim and 3 others
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
That's why we are here. Most of us feel empty/worthless. Who cares if you don't have anything to offer anyone. Hell I don't even have anything to offer to myself except death. We are all left to fend for ourselves.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, Hermit of life, sserafim and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
i have not one single skill talent hobbies, not one single ambition no drive to learn anything or be alive. even this thread is a failure. i cant kill myself because ive failed that too, just a completely worthless waste of space. nothing.
failed at socializing too, once people realize how much of a waste of space i am they actively distance themselves from me. i have nothing good to offer anyone, not one thing.
In societies eyes, I'm a failure too. Yet I refuse to be judged by societies standards.
Honestly, most people are not worth bothering with. Even if you were " successful " in societies eyes, they would still judge you by talking crap about you behind your back.
All that matters is what is in your heart.
I would rather have a friend who has a good heart, than a so-called " successful " friend who is an awful self-absorbed narcissist.

Reactions: SmollMushroom, sserafim and SMmetalhead36
nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
In societies eyes, I'm a failure too. Yet I refuse to be judged by societies standards.
Honestly, most people are not worth bothering with. Even if you were " successful " in societies eyes, they would still judge you by talking crap about you behind your back.
All that matters is what is in your heart.
I would rather have a friend who has a good heart, than a so-called " successful " person who is an awful person.
in my own eyes, i am a complete failure. i lack any drive to do anything and the only thing that fulfills me is staring at the wall. obviously i am completely without purpose and feel very empty and unable to connect with others on any level as a result. how can i do anything or talk to anyone when 99% of my day is filled with me pacing, laying in bed, or thinking terrible things about myself? even while im doing something thats supposed to be fun or interesting these thoughts never leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
W

wasted__life__23

Sep 9, 2023
Look at all the replies to this thread. We are grateful for your post, interested in what you have to say. You're socializing here.
@nothingnobody you are NOT a failure. You just don't fit the pattern of a false and fucked-up world: that' what we have in common, why we're here.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
in my own eyes, i am a complete failure. i lack any drive to do anything and the only thing that fulfills me is staring at the wall. obviously i am completely without purpose and feel very empty and unable to connect with others on any level as a result. how can i do anything or talk to anyone when 99% of my day is filled with me pacing, laying in bed, or thinking terrible things about myself? even while im doing something thats supposed to be fun or interesting these thoughts never leave.
I understand this all too well.
I am basically bedridden due to chronic depression.
I barely leave my room these days.
No family, no friends, no nothing.
Yes, the intrusive thoughts also drive me crazy.
sorry you are going through this too.
Please don't be too hard on yourself.
You are not alone, I am here for you if you wish to talk.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, nothingnobody and SmollMushroom
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I'm on your same boat guys, and I can relate perfectly with what you're saying.
Especially on this one: I had many 'friends' approaching me at first in the past, and then leaving as soon as they realized I was too boring for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
By society's metrics I'm an abject failure. Though I have helped a lot of people. But in this sick world all that matters is money. I guess that's why people go through so much trouble to get it. I'm so longing for the day I cease to exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm a failure as well. I've failed to launch after college, and I'm basically a shut-in/hiki. I don't have any drive or motivation either. I also spend most of my days lying in bed because life is so tiring and exhausting. I don't have a future and I don't want one. I don't have a dream job or career and I don't want to have to eventually work for a living. The thought of having to earn my own living depresses me. I'm planning to ctb before 25 to avoid this. I never want to have to enter the workforce or become a wageslave to the capitalist system. I want out!
But in this sick world all that matters is money. I guess that's why people go through so much trouble to get it. I'm so longing for the day I cease to exist.
Literally! I hate the fact that the world runs on money and that everything is about money in this hellish world

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dragonofenvy and WAITING TO DIE
nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
I'm a failure as well. I've failed to launch after college, and I'm basically a shut-in/hiki. I don't have any drive or motivation either. I also spend most of my days lying in bed because life is so tiring and exhausting. I don't have a future and I don't want one. I don't have a dream job or career and I don't want to have to eventually work for a living. The thought of having to earn my own living depresses me.

Literally! I hate the fact that the world runs on money and that everything is about money in this hellish world
i try to learn something, do something, go outside, anything and its like the life slips from in between my eyes and i become a self despairing mess and pass out.
and people are happy to work for a living and be stuck working 8 hours a day, unable to have any real life outside of working and being tied to your job.
im not against working, i just dont understand how people do it. i dont understand how people do anything. i cant even sit through a movie, i cannot do anything and i dont know why. ive only left the house 2 times this year.

Reactions: sserafim
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
i try to learn something, do something, go outside, anything and its like the life slips from in between my eyes and i become a self despairing mess and pass out.
and people are happy to work for a living and be stuck working 8 hours a day, unable to have any real life outside of working and being tied to your job.
im not against working, i just dont understand how people do it. i dont understand how people do anything. i cant even sit through a movie, i cannot do anything and i dont know why. ive only left the house 2 times this year.
I don't understand how people do it either, and I'm someone who works every day for 8+ hours in a metal casting plant. A sweatshop basically, for barely enough money to afford expenses. Luckily I'm pretty frugal since material things don't do anything for me. The best explanation I think I could give you is that we're forced into it out of necessity. I'm given a choice of freezing in my car or living in a small apartment where at least I can be on my computer. Honestly, I feel like life is just trying to distract myself from the fact that I have to work, then keeping my head down and just pushing through each day.

I think others are content since they may have meaningful and fulfilling careers they can enjoy and barring that a meaningful life with friends, hobbies, and families, but not everyone has that. For those who don't, we're consigned to wage slavery. I like to think that one day I could build something, but that's something I've told myself since 3rd grade and it hasn't yet come true.

It seems that a lot of living life is doing stuff that is necessary survive, but not necessarily what you want. Worse still, is when you don't know what you want, don't know if you are capable of wanting, and are unsure of what is necessary to build your life.

• Informative
Reactions: nothingnobody and sserafim
nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
I don't understand how people do it either, and I'm someone who works every day for 8+ hours in a metal casting plant. A sweatshop basically, for barely enough money to afford expenses. Luckily I'm pretty frugal since material things don't do anything for me. The best explanation I think I could give you is that we're forced into it out of necessity. I'm given a choice of freezing in my car or living in a small apartment where at least I can be on my computer. Honestly, I feel like life is just trying to distract myself from the fact that I have to work, then keeping my head down and just pushing through each day.

I think others are content since they may have meaningful and fulfilling careers they can enjoy and barring that a meaningful life with friends, hobbies, and families, but not everyone has that. For those who don't, we're consigned to wage slavery. I like to think that one day I could build something, but that's something I've told myself since 3rd grade and it hasn't yet come true.

It seems that a lot of living life is doing stuff that is necessary survive, but not necessarily what you want. Worse still, is when you don't know what you want, don't know if you are capable of wanting, and are unsure of what is necessary to build your life.
i think the only real reason that im not stuck in some dead end job right now with people constantly expecting me to work is because i failed to launch so hard (8th grade drop out who failed a grade 3 different times) that no one expects anything of me but existence. grandmother is dying though and im not sure whats going to happen after that, whether my family will kick me out or what. the whole rest of my family is completely dysfunctional too. (alcoholics, drug addicts, dead beats, single teen mothers)
i really have no one i can actually go to for anything. i wish i had a partner that could tolerate me too, i think that would make things a little easier but i also cant socialize or function in this world. im pretty sure i have some sort of undiagnosed disability like autism or ocd but ive never actually been able to get the resources to find out and at this point my social skills have deteriorated to the point where i couldnt communicate enough to make them think im anything other than depressed.

• Aww..
Reactions: dragonofenvy
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
im pretty sure i have some sort of undiagnosed disability like autism or ocd but ive never actually been able to get the resources to find out and at this point my social skills have deteriorated to the point where i couldnt communicate enough to make them think im anything other than depressed.
I actually have autism as well as severely underdeveloped social skills and went through therapy off and on for several years and I do agree that communication is tough as hell. It's really hard to make others understand what you're feeling, but I think you're selling yourself a bit short here. You just now were able to communicate your living situation, your anxiety about the future, the helplessness of your situation, the despair and loneliness you feel, and the hopes that you wish would come true all in one paragraph.

Maybe you didn't realize what you did, but I was able to. If a guy with autism and poor social skills could deduce that then I'm sure lots of other people could too. I also have trouble verbalizing my thoughts, but I am good at writing them. Perhaps that's an avenue to look into? I know you don't currently have the resources yet, but if you do eventually find someone you do feel comfortable going to for help then writing your thoughts down could be a way to help communicate what you need to them. Plus I've found that even writing to myself sometimes can help clear my jumbled thoughts. Something for you to think about.