sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't want to have to be a human in my next life. I heard that once a soul incarnates as a human, it continues incarnating as human instead of "regressing" back to an animal. I would hate to have to be a human again. Life as a human being is full of pain and suffering, and I see no objective benefits to being a human. I feel like I became one in this life by mistake. I've also lived a harder life than most due to neurodivergence (especially Asperger's/autism).

If reincarnation exists, and I have to live again, I'm praying that I never have to be human again. I'd much rather be a cat or a dog. This human life is enough for me. No more please, I'd hate to be one again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lynx., Mafaalu, Ε. Η. R. and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't wish for any kind of existence but I do see it as the most terrible curse having the ability to exist as a human, this species was a mistake. Of course there are no benefits to being a human, it's just something unnecessary and harmful, all that existence does is create problems there never were a need for.

Reactions: sserafim
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I don't want to have to be a human in my next life. I heard that once souls incarnate as human, they continue incarnating as human instead of "regressing" back to animals. I would hate to have to be a human again. Life as a human being is full of pain and suffering, and I see no objective benefits to being a human. I feel like I became one in this life by mistake. I've also lived a harder life than most due to neurodivergence (especially Asperger's/autism).

If reincarnation exists, and I have to live again, I'm praying that I never have to be human again. I'd much rather be a cat or a dog. This human life is enough for me. No more please, I'd hate to be one again.
There is nothing before life and nothing after life. I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm sorry you had to go through hard times. If you want to talk, i'd gladly talk with you.

Reactions: Hollowman, pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I don't think I want to exist again in any shape or form at least as what seems available.

And if I had it better I would be surrounded by tragedy of others.

Me not existing is also scary because others keep existing, and there will be suffering.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
We will probably be tricked into coming back as a human under the guise of "there is more to learn from your next round of hardships." Then poof here we are left to suffer all over again as a whole new conciousness. Who knows how many times we've been tricked into this suffering. Maybe that is why we are suicidal. Something in us knows we have done this many times before and we are tired. Just some random ramblings.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: starlightsun and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
We will probably be tricked into coming back as a human under the guise of "there is more to learn from your next round of hardships." Then poof here we are left to suffer all over again as a whole new conciousness. Who knows how many times we've been tricked into this suffering. Maybe that is why we are suicidal. Something in us knows we have done this many times before ans we are tired. Just some random ramblings.
Ugh I hate this. I've already had enough hardships for a lifetime. I hate my past life/pre-birth self who chose this life. Asperger's/autism makes my life miserable and is a main reason why I want to ctb, and on top of that I also have ADHD and social anxiety. Why would I do this to myself and actively choose suffering…it makes no sense to me

Last edited:
Wilsonie_22

Wilsonie_22

May 8, 2023
I don't want to have to be a human in my next life. I heard that once a soul incarnates as a human, it continues incarnating as human instead of "regressing" back to an animal. I would hate to have to be a human again. Life as a human being is full of pain and suffering, and I see no objective benefits to being a human. I feel like I became one in this life by mistake. I've also lived a harder life than most due to neurodivergence (especially Asperger's/autism).

Wishing to be a dog or cat after earning the right to be a human is like wishing to live in a shack after being given the keys to a mansion.

The issue here doesn't seem to be with being human but being a human and suffering without much respite, if any. Would you say the same if your conditions were totally different? If you were "given" a much easier incarnation, would you ever even have found this site? I think not.

In any case, I feel for you.

There's an interesting dichotomy here. A conflict of interest between two seemingly-separate consciousnesses. Your soul, able to see the reason for suffering and life won't hesitate to return to a human incarnation if it deems it necessary. Whereas the little you, the consciousness merely inhabiting a brain that has suffered a lot, wishes to die.

It's a tragedy. Life is given to be lived and experienced but through constant suffering, it erodes our foundation of being. It's not that you don't want to live, it's that you are not able to live how you want to. In this way, suffering is merely the act of resisting.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Wishing to be a dog or cat after earning the right to be a human is like wishing to live in a shack after being given the keys to a mansion.

The issue here doesn't seem to be with being human but being a human and suffering without much respite, if any. Would you say the same if your conditions were totally different? If you were "given" a much easier incarnation, would you ever even have found this site? I think not.

There's an interesting dichotomy here. A conflict of interest between two seemingly-separate consciousnesses. Your soul, able to see the reason for suffering and life won't hesitate to return to a human incarnation if it deems it necessary. Whereas the little you, the consciousness merely inhabiting a brain that has suffered a lot, wishes to die.

It's a tragedy. Life is given to be lived and experienced but through constant suffering, it erodes our foundation of being. It's not that you don't want to live, it's that you are not able to live how you want to. In this way, suffering is merely the act of resisting.
The problem is that I've also never felt like a human being in the first place. I honestly feel more like an alien on the wrong planet, which is why I think it was a mistake for me to have been a human. The issue is me being a human being because for me it's hard to be one, and I don't think it's the right fit for me or what I was meant to be. I think I would've been much happier and better off as a cat.

What's the reason for suffering and life? And why wouldn't my soul hesitate to return to a human incarnation? I truly believe that being a human being is my main cause of pain and suffering. Why does my soul want to go through it again? I also hate the fact that my soul chose this hard life for itself. I hate the fact that my soul chose a life where I have neurodivergence in a neurotypical world.

Having the 3A's (Asperger's/autism, ADHD, and social anxiety) is like a recipe for misery. It's the main cause of my pain and suffering. Why couldn't my soul have made me neurotypical instead? Why was I cursed with these conditions? It doesn't make any sense to me

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lynx.
Wilsonie_22

Wilsonie_22

May 8, 2023
The problem is that I've also never felt like a human being in the first place. I honestly feel more like an alien on the wrong planet, which is why I think it was a mistake for me to have been a human.

What's the reason for suffering and life? I hate the fact that my soul chose this hard life for itself. I hate the fact that my soul chose a life where I would've had neurodivergence in a neurotypical world. It's the main cause of my misery.
I know. I feel similar. It really sucks and it's absolutely a hell to live through. :(

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I know. I feel similar. It really sucks and it's absolutely a hell to live through. :(
The question I have is why were and are we forced to live through it? Why are we brought here as human beings and what's the point of living on this planet where life is literally hell?

Some say it's for spiritual evolution and growth but if this is the pain and suffering we have to go through then I would've preferred my soul and consciousness to never have even existed in the first place.

Resisting what?

Last edited:
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
Same, being a cat sound really peaceful and calm

Lynx.

Lynx.

Sep 28, 2022
I'd say that by mere rationalization, the probability of nothingness after death is infinitely more high than that of reincarnation, heaven, hell, or whatever religious concept we have inherited in our societies.

Those who claim that us humans have a soul have failed to back up their assumption and produce any kind of proof beyond empty and meaningless words - it is a human concept, an all too human concept...

That said - if such a process would exist, then it would be extremely harsh for one to be human again: the lower one goes into the list of animals with consciousness and pain receptors, the better one will be: it is better to be a slug than a human, and better to be a plant than a slug, but ultimately, it is better to never be - so rock gang or wooden plank gang it is, then.

There's an interesting dichotomy here. A conflict of interest between two seemingly-separate consciousnesses. Your soul, able to see the reason for suffering and life won't hesitate to return to a human incarnation if it deems it necessary.

I personally think that before such assesment can be made, we'd have to establish what a soul is and that it has capacity for rationality and desire: if the soul wouldn't hesitate to return to X state, it means it must have a desire between one things and others, which doesn't seem to be the case, provided we don't even know what a soul is in the first place, nor if it truly exists beyond spiritual and metaphysical talk tainted with a bit of religious dogma.

We really don't even know how consciousness works yet, and probably will never do... So when people talk about souls and reincarnation as a given, it makes me kind of wary...

Why does my soul want to go through it again? I also hate the fact that my soul chose this hard life for itself. I hate the fact that my soul chose a life where I have neurodivergence in a neurotypical world.

I'm really sorry - you didn't chose any of this horrible stuff to happen to you... One doesn't pick suffering, be it through oneself or one's "soul", life is just filled with suffering even though most don't notice it until it's their turn to suffer: there doesn't seem to be any higher reason for it: no 'spiritual growth' and 'personal evolution' can justify the suffering that every living being suffers on this world alone. Suffering is inherent to life - pleasure and comfort can be obtained, but life's standard biological mechanism is pain: the mere act of hunger proves this notion, I think.

Many hugs to you all.

Reactions: Death is beautiful and sserafim
Wilsonie_22

Wilsonie_22

May 8, 2023
The question I have is why were and are we forced to live through it? Why are we brought here as human beings and what's the point of living on this planet where life is literally hell?

Some say it's for spiritual evolution and growth but if this is the pain and suffering we have to go through then I would've preferred my soul and consciousness to never have even existed in the first place.

Resisting what?

Life on this planet is very difficult, I agree. There's no denying the adversity of the human experience even though we are living in the best time in recorded history. The complex brain of the human body allows for such richness of emotion and intellect but it comes at the possibility of great suffering too.

Pain cannot be avoided at all. Suffering is the resistance to the present moment, it's the resistance to pain. Pain, by itself, whether emotional or physical doesn't cause suicidality.

You are tired. I understand that. I sometimes wish I didn't exist either but we are here. We exist. We can grieve for being alive and existing but it won't change anything.

There is a point to suffering and yet suffering is not the point. The universe isn't interested in your suffering but it has a tendency to bring us down to our knees. It seems cruel but it serves the function of forcing us to concede control. To stop trying to change things but to merely accept and live in the present moment. We are tired because we swim against the current.

But I won't sit here and say that you will get through this. You may choose to end it all and die. It's a tragedy but it happens a lot. But at least unlike a mere animal, you have that luxury and choice.

D

Deleted member 65988

I don't want a next life or any kind of existence at all.