ihatemen420

ihatemen420

weed addict, antinatalist, loser
Jan 8, 2021
That way, nobody I know will have confirmation that I died. They can hold on to hope that I'm still alive somewhere and it'll make them feel better.
I wish there was a way to make it so my body couldn't be identified if it was found. I think about this John Doe they found in a highway median. He was completely skeletonized. He was wearing bell-bottom pants. His wallet didn't have an ID in it but they figured he had been there since the 1970s. He went decades without being found, and nobody had any idea who he was. I want to go decades without being found

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The best way to do it would be to disappear in a place far away from your home, preferably a foreign country. If you CTB in the woods near your home your family members can search 24/7 for years as a hobby. If you flew out to another country and avoided leaving too much of a footprint and disappeared into the wilderness your family can't just casually wake up and begin to search for you for another day.

• Love
Reactions: ihatemen420, patheticpartner and Darkhaven
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Time to swim out into the ocean

Reactions: ihatemen420 and patheticpartner
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
I find this perspective very different from my own. When I attempt again, I'll be missing for about two days because I'll be booked into a hotel where I want to swim and read for a day beforehand. I'm going to leave a note for my housemate when he comes looking to raid my booze (lol) so I don't worry anyone anymore than is necessary.
...wouldn't you be worried your family/friends/those who care would think something terrible had happened to you? Your username is 'ihatemen' so I'm assuming you don't identify as a man. I feel like my dad would be more terrified if I just vanished and think the absolute rape/murder worst, than he would knowing I'd taken my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: mirko and Lastsauce
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Will it really make them feel better wondering whether your dead or not for years?

I'm not so sure about it. That's why I prefer to be found and if my family wants to, have a funeral and all that stuff.

Anyway, If I wanted to disappear, I'd go to the middle of the ocean, tie some heavy bricks around my legs, take lots of sleeping pills and then jump into the sea.

They could find me but if I'm deep down enough, they won't be able to retrieve my body.

ihatemen420

ihatemen420

weed addict, antinatalist, loser
Jan 8, 2021
Necro-ing my own thread bc I just had a really good idea.
I can't find the news article but I heard of some tourists who went to Brazil and went on a hike in the Amazon unaccompanied. They got lost and were mauled and eaten by animals. Iirc nothing was found of them except a couple bones. I think this would be a good way to get rid of my corpse. (Maybe it's not necessary to leave the country? Maybe I could just go somewhere with bears? Getting rid of the body is the main goal, doesn't matter what kind of animal eats it)

...wouldn't you be worried your family/friends/those who care would think something terrible had happened to you?
No I don't really care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: JigsawFeelin
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
When you disappear and this gets reported, the police and any volunteers will search your local area. You have to secretly get away to another region to avoid being found by a search party right after dying or, worse, while still alive. Some countries also have better search-and-rescue infrastructure than others. Brazil has large swathes of poorly supervised wilderness, so it's a good place to disappear in.

This might sound a silly one but a way to completely erase your body is to jump into a metal smelter. I vaguely recall seeing a video clip of this. Far-fetched but it works for your purposes.

Reactions: ihatemen420