Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
I feel like the answer is that in my weakness these things help me survive and you don't plan on surviving. Weird thing to think about so much...

• Hugs
Reactions: pilotviolin, Praestat_Mori, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 9 others
ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
I smoke weed everyday from when I wake up to when I sleep. If I didn't I would have absolutely lost my sanity a long while ago. There are a couple people here who drink alcohol all the time, so I don't think everyone here is sober.

The people on here who don't drink or do drugs... I don't understand them either.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Praestat_Mori, Cassy and 6 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Why would I want to make my life even worse? Illogical. Vices are for pussies.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Downdraft, DarkRange55 and 5 others
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
@Ambivalent1
I guess it's a faustian bargain. We don't plan on being here long so maybe the better question is why would you not?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, BrainShower, Kit1 and 2 others
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I ve always been terrified of drugs. Don't really know why. Or maybe because when I was about 8 years old we would go on a excursion to a city and there was this park where people would openly consumed heroin and other drugs, they would lie on the ground with needles in their arms and I remember how much I was shocked and confused to see human beings like that.

Besides, my body or brain or whatever overreacts on pot or alcohol, I need a quarter of what others take to be completely wasted and that made me end up in hospital with alcohol poisoning.

I honestly thought many times i m punished because I cant even enjoy drugs. Just not made for this world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: seekingrelease22, Cassy, Heartaches and 3 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
@Ambivalent1
I guess it's a faustian bargain. We don't plan on being here long so maybe the better question is why would you not?
I guess

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, Cassy, Kit1 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They're all too expensive plus when I've tried them they don't seem to actually make me feel that much better although maybe I should consider myself lucky in that regard. I consider myself as having an addictive personality but that's only towards things that actually make me feel good enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cassy, Kit1, Bianka and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I can't because I still live with family and I don't have any way to do drugs or drink alcohol without getting caught

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
i dont go for drugs, cause i get paranoid that ill get scammed or arrested. and alcohol makes me feel like shit if its more than 1 cup, and even thats not really worth it if youre alone.

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't drink or do drugs, but I drink copious amounts of coffee (and tea). I guess caffeine can be considered a drug. I treat my body as a temple and don't want to consume anything harmful to it, I don't want to kill off any of my brain cells.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Praestat_Mori, Pluto and 4 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I suffer from severe anhedonia, so I can't get drunk or high. As another poster mentioned, I'm still alive, so I don't want to consciously do anything that would make my life worse, nor would I want to engage in anything illicit.

Of course suffering from depression and mental illness and all these things, I don't necessarily make all the healthiest choices either. So it's not like I'm trying to not passively ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: seekingrelease22, Praestat_Mori, Pluto and 4 others
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
It's an indulgence that gets expensive really quick, and I'd rather be spending money on food or entertainment.

Plus, the only thing I got going for me is my brain, so I'm hesitant to do anything that'll directly and immediately harm it, with the only exceptions being consuming way too much caffeine and depriving myself of sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I've been having trouble with drinking ever since that time I got really drunk on vodka. I tried drinking before a ctb attempt but I could only down three shots of vodka before vomiting it all up. I bought a bottle of gin two weeks ago and taking one shot of it was enough to make me feel nauseous. It sucks because I really want to get drunk again.

• Hugs
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Feb 8, 2024
I really miss being able to go pick mushrooms or find drugs easily through friends. I recently bought a bag of legal mushroom gummies and it was like taking nothing :(

Drugs should be completely legal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, cold_severance, Heartaches and 2 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
sameeee. not me though!!!! lol. i <333333 getting high/being under the influence of legit anything, as long as it's a downer. oding is my dream method. what are ur fav substances??

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, BrainShower, Suicidebydeath and 3 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Drugs and alcohol are not the only vices and I don't do either. However I get drunk on pepsi max and cannot keep away from the chocolates - and trust me when I say that they play havoc with my health and also coat a fortune (it is all relative, but for me expensive enough)..,

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Heartaches, sserafim and 1 other person
333s

333s

Jan 31, 2024
bc addiction makes more suffering :( i quitted nic month ago because it was too difficult to get out of bad and smoke even every 4 to 6 hours
i would absolutely hate picking up drugs
and alc is a strong depressant with short fun period that i personally just dislike

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Kit1
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I used to drink wine and plain vodka which did relax me on very stressful days, but I realized super early those "stressful days" were almost daily and stopped before I built up a serious addiction. Legitimately didn't know how I did that.

As for drugs, I have a friend who uses strong stuff. She's changed a lot and not in a good way. I can understand why people turn to it but I'm terrified of feeling worse off after feeling good.

Might buy legal marijuana in the future to replace the alcohol, but I rarely have more than a day off work and they drug test a lot (even legal stuff). Very expensive though.

As of right now, I'm pretty sober, but constantly stressed and overwhelmed. It gets tempting...

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Widdershins, kermudgeon and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Drugs and alcohol are not the only vices and I don't do either. However I cannot keep away from the chocolates
Same, I love chocolate too! My favorite kind is dark chocolate

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, whywere, Arachno and 3 others
Banan321

Banan321

Do it once, do it right!
Sep 19, 2023
Candy and nicotine. Stuff like alcohol I didn't get dependent on, I have never really dabbled with drugs other than cannabis.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowpriest, Praestat_Mori, Cassy and 1 other person
beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
i smoke weed, but i don't drink. i will if a friend wants to get drunk with me, but i don't have many of those.

i was using ketamine, but there is a shortage so i'm shit out of luck for now. i'm impatiently waiting for it to come in so i can get blasted into another universe again. if i had my way, i would be on k 24/7. i have never felt more alive than when i'm tripping on it.

• Hugs
Reactions: seekingrelease22, Praestat_Mori, kermudgeon and 1 other person
사람이 없어

사람이 없어

그냥 재미없는 사람인데
Oct 11, 2020
Caffeine helps a lot ngl. It's my gateway drug without as serious side effects as hard drugs or alcohol would give me.
Still drink at times like today, but it's extremely rare, and since my tolerance is 0 I get wasted extremely quickly on very little.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kermudgeon and Kit1
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I don't understand, either, how I'm not drinking or doing drugs...........

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Arachno, Kit1 and 1 other person
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I don't like the taste of alcohol nor the effects it has on my body. Same with nicotine. Caffeine hurts my stomach. I'm very sensitive to many things so my body outright rejects them.

Other drugs I've never had the chance to encounter them, never been offered to me by someone I know (even though I have friends who've smoked weed and maybe done something else) and I'm too socially anxious and stupid to ask around. My antidepressedants weren't really "addictive" (I think). My environment has more or less avoided substances.

I guess physical and visible pain from sh is much more relieving than drugs for me. That's just a hyphothesis, I don't get it either. When I was a teenager, I wanted to get hooked on drugs to hurt myself until I died, but that was an idea out of many and I never attempted anything outside of looking for articles about drugs made with accesible things like cough syrup. I'm still curious, especially for treating my depression and anxiety, but I doubt I'll get the chance unless I'm determined (which I'm not).​

However I get drunk on pepsi max and cannot keep away from the chocolates
I love chocolate, I don't think I could live without it. My favorite ones are those which are sweet--but not too sweet

• Hugs
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
My father has had his problems with alcohol and I don't want to become like him. I do drink alcohol, sometimes even to ease my mind, but I won't make this a habit. However, Germany might legalise weed on April 1st so I might look into that. But not to just be stoned into oblivion all the time. Rather to calm my nerves, relax and be able to sleep normally. I want to avoid an addiction at all costs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Cassy and kermudgeon
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I am staying alive because I try to get better bit by bit. If it works out is a different topic but I am not going to self harm by doing drugs

• Hugs
Reactions: seekingrelease22, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I don't do drugs. The anxiety of doing something illegal outweighs any positive feelings they could bring.

But I am an alcoholic. I don't drink often, but I think of it a LOT. Anytime I have a bad day or bad experience, I think about how much I'd like to have a drink right now. And considering I'm on this site, it's a given I have quite a few bad days. But I'm usually able to resist the temptation. I do cave in and drink a few times a month. Just here at home in safety with my husband.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, seekingrelease22, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
Some of us are drinking!

But I seem to actually drink more when I'm happy. I find alcohol to be a fascinating and vibrant world rather than something to merely get hammered with. There's a very narrow band within which it does something for me and I'm a lightweight.

I don't believe my issues are mainly chemical in nature so there's just not much to accomplish there with any of these substances.

Hard drugs are very extreme, and, well, not legal. That's a whole can of worms I just don't have the energy to start opening, and I feel like getting dependent on some random substance would take away the little control over my life that I have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, BrainShower and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I do not drink, smoke, no drugs.

I 100% feel that everyone has the right to do as they wish and if one partakes fine, if not also fine.

We are all one huge family here, helping each other, not judging our family members here.

I will turn 68 pretty soon and with no family nor friends except everyone here, I would never judge another soul, as I do not want to be judged.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Praestat_Mori, Pluto and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I've been having trouble with drinking ever since that time I got really drunk on vodka. I tried drinking before a ctb attempt but I could only down three shots of vodka before vomiting it all up. I bought a bottle of gin two weeks ago and taking one shot of it was enough to make me feel nauseous. It sucks because I really want to get drunk again.
What does vodka taste like? @Ambivalent1 don't you want to drink vodka before jumping off the bridge 👀

Reactions: whywere, Praestat_Mori, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person