ineverlived

ineverlived

May 31, 2022
Go to work, come home tired. Sleep. I can't believe how people are dealing with this. If you're not rich or working at a job you love (which is very very rare imo) your life has no meaning. People are fighting this whole struggle just to exist. I don't understand why it is considered a bad thing to choose nothingness rather than continue this rat race pointlessly. While this is meaningless even in developed countries, in awful countries like my country people work 12 hours a day and get $300 a month this is terrible and brutal. screw this. I'm not choosing between homelessness or slavery. SN is my savior

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sick.faery, apple2myeye!, stygal and 50 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Life in general is meaningless to those that have very little to nothing to be happy about in life. You live just to work, grow old and die.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: obafgkm, Pomegranate, Élégie and 12 others
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
Life is about setting goals for yourself. In grand scheme of things it is pointless and whether you die right now by your hand or in 50 years due to old age doesn't really change much. What happens after the death is equal for homeless people, successful actors, well regarded scholars, politicians and stillborn fetuses - which is non-existence. It doesn't make sense to spend your whole life chasing success only to die and lose all, but on the other hand it doesn't make sense to commit suicide, because you will die anyway so why rush it. To each is own.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: No Entertainment, FinalDestiny, Fragile and 6 others
ineverlived

ineverlived

May 31, 2022
Life is about setting goals for yourself. In grand scheme of things it is pointless and whether you die right now by your hand or in 50 years due to old age doesn't really change much. What happens after the death is equal for homeless people, successful actors, well regarded scholars, politicians and stillborn fetuses - which is non-existence. It doesn't make sense to spend your whole life chasing success only to die and lose all, but on the other hand it doesn't make sense to commit suicide, because you will die anyway so why rush it. To each is own.
I am not a greedy person. I never wanted a luxury house, car or status. All I wanted was to live and die in peace and dignity, but that is impossible without money. but when you look at it realistically, you have 2 options (at least in my country) you will starve in the street or become a full time slave. Frankly, I think it makes more sense to be nothing than to be in a negative state in order to exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, OceanBlue, obafgkm and 14 others
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
I absolutely agree. The prospect of having to work all my life to sustain myself is terrifying and it's probably the main reason that I want to Ctb. I feel like a complete stranger in this world where everyone just thinks that working is fine and necessary. The worst part is is knowing how difficult it will be to find a good job, and that I'll probably find a miserable one like most people on the planet.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, cyanol, Lostandlooking and 13 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I agree. And why is there certain jobs that employers think they can get away with treating them like trash anyway? What does that say about us as humans and the way our society is structured? The worst people run this world and we are all just puppets. It sucks and you and everybody have every right to be pissed off about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, cyanol, FatalSystemError591 and 9 others
C

CTB.21

Jun 2, 2022
I absolutely agree, we're all forced into these meaningless jobs for the sole purpose to survive, only for life to become so much harder due to the shitty work we have to endure. Endless cycle of misery.

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, cyanol, FatalSystemError591 and 6 others
emptyjokes

emptyjokes

Nothing left to keep me out of paradise.
May 27, 2022
Work culture in the world today turns a person into a thing. A resource that can be put in the machine and used up. I definitely have been brought here in part by the fact that I will have to spend most of my waking life being bored/annoyed/stressed/tired/frustrated by work, which doesn't sound like very much fun.

• Hugs
Reactions: longenough, cyanol, Pisceslilith and 5 others
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
My generation was the last one with a world of possibilities ..... the current and all future generations are the world of the enslaved. You will never save money, you will never own a home, you will likely never afford to have children and the nice life with a picket fence ..... what you will do is get robbed and raped, struggle to live, skimp, beg, borrow, and steal until you die at the feet of the wealthy who scorn your very existence. That is the real world today. Today you need 1-2 million to retire, current generation will need 4-7 million in +/- 30 years ..... do the math .... it does not work and once your parents die you have no place to play video games, hang out, or call home. The street will be your home.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sleepdrifter, Lost Magic, cyanol and 5 others
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Because we and some unlucky people are slaves. Similar to farm animals. Being produce for other peoples benefit
People are fighting this whole struggle just to exist. I don't understand why it is considered a bad thing to choose nothingness rather than continue this rat race pointlessly.
Just like hunger games.
we dont even get to choose to be brought here. Were being kidnapped. And some people dont even realized that

Reactions: cyanol, Huntfish34, TheBroken and 1 other person
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I think most people just don't want to hear any complaints about work because they need to do it to get by and take care of their families, and that'll be even harder if they have to deal with "negativity". But that makes things even harder for the people who are so miserable that just trying to repress it and push through isn't an option.

• Hugs
Reactions: ncmxm, cyanol, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It seems as though humans are just slaves to the society, life itself is very depressing, people are forced to exist, and they suffer their whole lives. I feel like many people are only still alive as suicide is so difficult, or they are staying alive for the sake of others. If the option was there for people to just die in their sleep, many would probably choose it over such unsatisfying, empty existences. In general, I can never understand people who want to live. To me, life is just so pointless and unnecessary. We were all perfectly fine not existing until we were forced to live.

Reactions: OceanBlue, longenough, cyanol and 11 others
ineverlived

ineverlived

May 31, 2022
Because we and some unlucky people are slaves. Similar to farm animals. Being produce for other peoples benefit

Just like hunger games.
we dont even get to choose to be brought here. Were being kidnapped. And some people dont even realized that

actually i would rather die in a rebellion than commit suicide. But as you said, people are not even aware of many things. they have been deceived by false hopes and become sheeps. as a result, I lost my love and empathy for people. just keep 'grinding' idiots. im sure you will be a billionaire soon!
It seems as though humans are just slaves to the society, life itself is very depressing, people are forced to exist, and they suffer their whole lives. I feel like many people are only still alive as suicide is so difficult, or they are staying alive for the sake of others. If the option was there for people to just die in their sleep, many would probably choose it over such unsatisfying, empty existences. In general, I can never understand people who want to live. To me, life is just so pointless and unnecessary. We were all perfectly fine not existing until we were forced to live.
I wish they'd told us about the real world when we were kids instead of Hollywood bullshit.

at least we wouldn't be disappointed

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Élégie, cyanol and 8 others
M

mouthyindian

Jun 1, 2022
I believe the same thing, essentially. That we're in a situation where we are forced to pay in order to live. And to anyone who's aware of the reality of this situation, any an all "meaning" to life is usually gone.
Only difference is that I don't think that any of this was organic, but instead, that humanity was enslaved. By who you ask? Your guess is as good as mine. I just call it "The anomaly". But looking thru history, and comparing it with today, you only need to connect a few dots to see a pattern emerge, and realize that this was all systematic and planned.
Even if I'm wrong about this, the fact remains. Today, you have to pay in order to live, like a monthly Netfilx subscription. About 150-200 years ago, you didn't. Not to this extent at least. It's as if the monthly charge went from $0.50 to $5000.

I despise this situation as well, and I don't know if there is anything I can do to change it. My ideal scenario would be to save/make enough anonymous wealth to be able to live completely off the grid, and watch from the sidelines. Will humanity continue on with it's degeneracy until it's either completely taken over? Or will it rise/ascend to a higher state of consciousness and realize that we're at the verge of a total takeover by "The anomaly" and everything about our lives will need to change if we are to live on as human beings, and not as a part of some Borg.
I don't know how this will end, but I know it wont happen anytime soon. If this "anomaly" really exists, it's been working on this goal for at least a few generations. So the way it sees time is clearly way different from what we mere humans see time.

I don't plan on living on to find out. I've had a few OBEs while I was tripping on (d)ivine (m)oments of (t)ruth and experienced, what I think, death was (or will be) like. I just hope that the real thing will be something similar to that.

Reactions: cyanol and ineverlived
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
Funny how i mention about this fkd up 'world system' recently with someone and they said

people who complain about their lives are lazy, weaklings (and all the insults)

ctually i would rather die in a rebellion than commit suicide. But as you said, people are not even aware of many things. they have been deceived by false hopes and become sheeps. as a result, I lost my love and empathy for people. just keep 'grinding' idiots. im sure you will be a billionaire soon!

I wish they'd told us about the real world when we were kids instead of Hollywood bullshit.

at least we wouldn't be disappointed
Grinding reminds me of a term in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyanol, Huntfish34 and ineverlived
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Go to work, come home tired. Sleep. I can't believe how people are dealing with this. If you're not rich or working at a job you love (which is very very rare imo) your life has no meaning. People are fighting this whole struggle just to exist. I don't understand why it is considered a bad thing to choose nothingness rather than continue this rat race pointlessly. While this is meaningless even in developed countries, in awful countries like my country people work 12 hours a day and get $300 a month this is terrible and brutal. screw this. I'm not choosing between homelessness or slavery. SN is my savior
So true--What's the point of working 40 years, retiring at 62(higher in the UK)because by then most people are beset with health problems, not to mention dropping dead from them--The point is to retire when you're young(like I did at 43)while you still are healthy and horny and much to look forward to--I worked many jobs up to that point and didn't like any of them--Office Space(1999) and The Office Series(2002 to 2011)show the sheer drudgery of being in a claustrophobic office for decades, no thanks

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Huntfish34, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

I used to think that working is a necessary evil, and that people should receive some kind of monthly allowance from the state instead of having to work, but then I realized that there are people who don't contribute much to their workplace at all, and also that work brings some kind of enjoyment, since one's efforts may be recognized by someone at work.

In other words, work can act as a substitute for people who don't have a family of their own.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
It's all a game.. a real horrible role playing game..

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Huntfish34, Foresight and 2 others
DerTod

DerTod

No alarms and no surprises
Apr 17, 2022
Every single day when i have to wake up at the same hour feeling tired i think exactly the same. I kept telling myself it's just because i'm incredibly lazy but heck i swear i can't understand how people can cope with this. And if you really think about it,we are happy only when we escape from this hell through reading,watching movies/games/music/sex or whatever makes us forget the gruesome boringness of our every day lives. This is the number one reason i wanna CTB: i hate this stupid routine! There are people in China who take pride in working like slaves 12-14 hours a day. Imagine that?!

• Hugs
Reactions: ncmxm, Élégie, cyanol and 3 others
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

May 25, 2021
we are happy only when we escape from this hell through reading,watching movies/games/music/sex or whatever makes us forget the gruesome boringness of our every day lives. This is the number one reason i wanna CTB: i hate this stupid routine! There are people in China who take pride in working like slaves 12-14 hours a day. Imagine that?!
Yeah also from what i heard korea and maybe japan has high ctb rate because of the stress, burden from high demand of work, long working, studying, etc and comeptitive society

But if you look at the survey globally 70%-80% of the world population are stress due to life's burdens

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, DerTod, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
In reality 99.99% of human life is meaningless as a contribution to our civilization. Regardless of income bracket, those with tangible contributions and meaningful/positive impact are a tiny group of people. I'd define that group as scientists and innovators for the most part.
Yeah also from what i heard korea and maybe japan has high ctb rate because of the stress, burden from high demand of work, long working, studying, etc and comeptitive society

But if you look at the survey globally 70%-80% of the world population are stress due to life's burdens
Ctb is also more prevalent because those cultures don't stigmatize the act compared to the Western world. It's actually honorable to ctb if you've brought shame to the family versus living while disgracing the family. It's heavy, the amount of pressure students go through in Asian cultures. Failing is literally not an option.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Huntfish34, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I am professionally incompetent so I can't really work… Just killing time

P

Poisonblood

Mar 26, 2021
This. If I didn't have such crippling antisocial problem, I'd rather do business than be a wage slave like most people. If you run a business, you earn money in your sleep and you're the boss.

goldenvirginia

goldenvirginia

Sep 16, 2021
I have no words….not strictly true. But they're pretty rude, so I won't type them.

Reactions: Pomegranate
TheDoomedDoomer

TheDoomedDoomer

Eternal sleep awaits me
May 22, 2022
This is spot on it'll be the main reason I CTB.

Reactions: Hollowman, cyanol and ineverlived
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
You're right, but bills still exist. When I was younger I left my job and ran out of savings because I was making someone else richer. It's kind of like be homeless or work?

• Aww..
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
Yup I can't do it anymore. That's why I'm an Invalid. It's really the same here in the US, you get paid more but everything is more expensive...and rent? Without a job, you're homeless in the US unless you're an Invalid like me and on assistance. But even that is temporary and I'm taking my SN before I ever go homeless again.
My generation was the last one with a world of possibilities ..... the current and all future generations are the world of the enslaved. You will never save money, you will never own a home, you will likely never afford to have children and the nice life with a picket fence ..... what you will do is get robbed and raped, struggle to live, skimp, beg, borrow, and steal until you die at the feet of the wealthy who scorn your very existence. That is the real world today. Today you need 1-2 million to retire, current generation will need 4-7 million in +/- 30 years ..... do the math .... it does not work and once your parents die you have no place to play video games, hang out, or call home. The street will be your home.
Good Luck!
Wow, you said it perfectly.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol and Lostandlooking
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Hi ineverlived, I don't think it is a bad thing to choose nothingness or whatever else is on the other side compared to living in this rat race and working all the time like you said. It's just the way the majority of society looks at it but not us. Why do they look down on ctb so much? People live and die. Its a part of the life cycle. I have the right to choose my own destiny and whoever doesn't like that can fuck off and go back to work. Everyone's here fighting to survive because they didn't have a choice and just woke up one day into consciousness and it's a battle with our si regardless of what we do.

Screw being a slave to a job we don't like for ever to make little money. For select few people who have jobs they like and make a lot of money then that's great. If you do something you like then it can be satisfying, and rewarding in many ways not just for the paycheck but still doing even something you love to death gets old and isn't sustainable. Life is suffering all together even with a good job. I hope you can figure out a way to make it all work amd live in somewhat peace.
Yup I can't do it anymore. That's why I'm an Invalid. It's really the same here in the US, you get paid more but everything is more expensive...and rent? Without a job, you're homeless in the US unless you're an Invalid like me and on assistance. But even that is temporary and I'm taking my SN before I ever go homeless again.

Wow, you said it perfectly.
I can relate. They don't care about anybody in general but only your money and they will come after it in many different ways. They especially don't care about anyone who was born with a disability or who has developed a disability later in life. If you try to get any help they won't give you any money and even if they do it's not even close to enough money to live on. Laughable actually. Fuck being homeless in the US or anywhere for that matter. I wouldn't do it again either. I plan on catching the bus when the timing is right as well.

Reactions: Élégie, whatevs, cyanol and 1 other person
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
I accept dying.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Yea I don't get it. I cannot understand why people think it's reasonable to slave away their entire god damn life usually making someone else rich. While they are so busy they cannot do what they really want or spend time with who they want. To basically be a slave for someone else. And still struggle to get by month to month.

Reactions: apple2myeye!, Élégie, cyanol and 2 others