Oct 21, 2023
Or brushed my teeth

• Love
Reactions: bridgegirl
sadlyexisting

sadlyexisting

Missing the good times
Jun 26, 2023
I feel you, I probably haven't showered for 1–2 Weeks.
Everyone always just tells me how disgusting I am, even my parents. If they knew how I feel, they probably wouldn't say that, but I can't find the motivation to shower. I am lucky that I can even brush my teeth every day.

• Love
Reactions: Yavannah and bridgegirl
B

BARBED WIRE

Oct 21, 2023
I feel you, I probably haven't showered for 1–2 Weeks.
Everyone always just tells me how disgusting I am, even my parents. If they knew how I feel, they probably wouldn't say that, but I can't find the motivation to shower. I am lucky that I can even brush my teeth every day.
Does your haur get very scratchy?

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I spent two years living with my mom being a NEET, after I dropped out of college at 18. I didn't shower for weeks at a time, or brush my teeth much. It always made me feel pretty disgusting but I didn't care much, I never went out.

I will say, my mood shifted quite a bit when I started to practice good hygiene. But that also came with getting a job and eventually returning to community college. My teeth are still fucked though, and even though I've been caring for them very well the last ~10 years, all the neglect still catches up with me. I lost two of my molars and now crunchy food is difficult. Made me sad cause I really miss chips and stuff 😞

Reactions: Neraul
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
holy shit i keep neglecting my health so badly my teeth have yellowed. its never been this fucking bad before.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I recently went three years without showering. Lack of motivation and self care is a classic symptom of clinical depression.

• Love
RosySunsets

RosySunsets

Oct 24, 2023
Don't know if this will help but a person on Tumblr had a uni prof who said 'if something is worth doing, it is worth doing poorly'. So if you can't shower, wipe certain areas like armpits, genitals, feet with a wet towel or wet wipes. Brush your teeth for 30 seconds or 10 seconds, it's better than not at all, or gargle mouthwash, someone even suggested putting toothpaste in your mouth and swirling it with water. Of course overtime there will be side effects but when you just cannot get yourself to do things, it's better to do the things that are worth doing poorly than not at all.

Reactions: Yavannah
N

Neraul

Oct 25, 2023
I struggle with keeping up with showering and washing my hair. I do however find that, once in the shower, I quite enjoy it. Well, maybe not enjoy but the hot water on my skin is something different from the incessant nothing that I can feel. Have to be careful not to spend hours once in though. I tend to just sit down if I can't handle standing.

Have you tried tooth tabs? Takes the physical effort and brain power out of brushing your teeth. Dry shampoo may help some with your hair but it obviously still feels a bit gross. Disability products can help if you can get the motivation and then sometimes that tiny step might help you take another until you're able to have a shower or brush your teeth for real. You just do whatever you need to in the meantime to get by.

• Love
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
I struggle with keeping up with showering and washing my hair. I do however find that, once in the shower, I quite enjoy it. Well, maybe not enjoy but the hot water on my skin is something different from the incessant nothing that I can feel. Have to be careful not to spend hours once in though. I tend to just sit down if I can't handle standing.

Have you tried tooth tabs? Takes the physical effort and brain power out of brushing your teeth. Dry shampoo may help some with your hair but it obviously still feels a bit gross. Disability products can help if you can get the motivation and then sometimes that tiny step might help you take another until you're able to have a shower or brush your teeth for real. You just do whatever you need to in the meantime to get by.
This is great advice actually