A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I think that explains how I really feel. There's a certain embarrassment factor in CTB. It's a way of saying that I failed when, for the most part, I feel that I've been mostly successful in life. Of course, now I am dealing with some real instances of failure; but if you look at the overall arc of my life, it has been mostly success.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus, ScorpiusDragon and Baskol1
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Awww. Maybe you have something to live for still? I don't know you or your situation, but I know how hard failure is. Most of my life has been one, except for whatever reason I got lucky in love a few times. If you're usually successful, can you pick yourself back up? You don't need to be embarrassed about wanting to ctb or even doing it. It's better if you don't, but it's certainly not an embarrassment.

Reactions: Ashu and Baskol1
A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Ruffian, sorry, but for whatever reason I view it as an admission of failure--at least for myself. I get it if you are in enormous physical pain, or you are 75 or 85 years or older. At my age (58) it isn't the worst thing in the world I suppose, but it still feels like an admission of failure. It gets harder and harder to pick yourself up as you get older.

Reactions: Ashu, justanotherday and Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
I know. I'm 51 and trying to pick up the pieces yet again. And it's the biggest mess I've made of my life yet. That is the worst embarrassment. A noble and successful suicide seems better for some reason.

• Love
Reactions: Ashu, justanotherday and pole
A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I am with you on that. As Nietzche said, a proud death if you cannot live a proud life, or something like that.

Reactions: Ashu and Higgy123
GrizzlyGrapefruit

GrizzlyGrapefruit

Student
Jun 17, 2019
I feel like a large portion of people feel this way, too. I guess it's because "wanting to let the bus catch you" implies that there isn't any reason to want to CTB in the first place.

I do get what you're saying about the embarrassment factor though, and I feel like this is especially true for younger people (like myself -- 21). Personally speaking, I occasionally think about how I managed to screw things up at such a young age.

Reactions: Ashu, rue and Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
I feel like a large portion of people feel this way, too. I guess it's because "wanting to let the bus catch you" implies that there isn't any reason to want to CTB in the first place.

I do get what you're saying about the embarrassment factor though, and I feel like this is especially true for younger people (like myself -- 21). Personally speaking, I occasionally think about how I managed to screw things up at such a young age.
@GrizzlyGrapefruit , first of all, love your Avatar and screen name. 2nd, idk if you can relate, but there are at least 5 times in my life I look back and say, this was a horrible decision on my part. Then there are at least another 3 where a therapist pushed me into a decision I knew in my heart was wrong. That's not to say they wouldn't have turned out horrible anyway, but they are much harder to accept than my own honest mistakes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ashu, GrizzlyGrapefruit and Baskol1
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I specifically use the word "failure" or "failed" in my suicide note. I could care less what people think of my life, and frankly, I am not to be blamed for most of these "failures". Let those I leave behind think what they want, I own and know my truth so fuck it.

Reactions: Ashu and justanotherday
anteater

anteater

Looking for ants...
Aug 19, 2019
I can relate to some degree, I really want to die, but when I think of family I just can't get enough motivation. I don't want to cause them suffer from know I killed myself, so I wait for the day they pass away, we get distant somehow or I get killed somehow in an accident or maybe by illness.

Reactions: Ashu, GinaIsReady and Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
I can relate to some degree, I really want to die, but when I think of family I just can't get enough motivation. I don't want to cause them suffer from know I killed myself, so I wait for the day they pass away, we get distant somehow or I get killed somehow in an accident or maybe by illness.
I think these thoughts are both natural and noble. It negates the narrative about how selfish suicide is.

Reactions: Ashu and anteater
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I think that explains how I really feel. There's a certain embarrassment factor in CTB. It's a way of saying that I failed when, for the most part, I feel that I've been mostly successful in life. Of course, now I am dealing with some real instances of failure; but if you look at the overall arc of my life, it has been mostly success.
I relate to every word here. And I love your title, couldn't have said it better myself. I wish the bus was electric too, so I couldn't hear it coming. Total surprise.

Reactions: Kikoo
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I think these thoughts are both natural and noble. It negates the narrative about how selfish suicide is.
Yes. The normtards have no fucking idea how we struggle.