• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

artemis1223

Nov 22, 2020
I am 72 years old. I was fired from my last job, and I cannot find another one. I feel useless, cannot remember things, hands always shaking. My car broke down again, so no transportation. The only thing I worry about are my cats. Is it worth it? Is staying alive really worth it?

• Hugs
Reactions: BrokeN__lil’__girl, andromedakun, rei71 and 4 others
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Many people do have things left to live for. Even cats alone are a valid and good reason. It seems like you are in a very rough spot and I am sorry that you are feeling this way.
You can always try and reach out to those close to you, mental healthcare professionals or even anonymous sources- there are hotlines!
In the end, whatever your decision will be, in this forum it is going to be respected and you will find support and a space to talk freely without any judgement.

Reactions: peaches, Dead Already, spoons and 1 other person
spoons

spoons

the best for soup.
Jun 29, 2023
There is always a least a little hope, from my experience anyway. I'm not trying to say our experiences are the same, given that I'm 18 and you are older than I am, but there is always something little that comes up. Like a pretty sunrise. I worry a lot about my pets as well. They expire me grief as we do, they are sad. As for the misfortune that's happened, what are your options. If you don't mind me asking, could you go into retirement? And if you do find a new job, is public transport available to you? Maybe if you live in a town you can find something close enough to walk to. Or you could start a small business, like having a small garden and selling stuff.

Shaking and memory come with age. I shake really, really bad but that's because of my anxiety.

Regardless, I'm not going to encourage you either way, I just think that CBT should be used as an absolute last resort and somethings telling me (maybe it's your fur babies, haha) that there is another option.

Much love, I hope I was kinda able to help. I kinda threw a lot of info at you at once.
xx!
There is always a least a little hope, from my experience anyway. I'm not trying to say our experiences are the same, given that I'm 18 and you are older than I am, but there is always something little that comes up. Like a pretty sunrise. I worry a lot about my pets as well. They expire me grief as we do, they are sad. As for the misfortune that's happened, what are your options. If you don't mind me asking, could you go into retirement? And if you do find a new job, is public transport available to you? Maybe if you live in a town you can find something close enough to walk to. Or you could start a small business, like having a small garden and selling stuff.

Shaking and memory come with age. I shake really, really bad but that's because of my anxiety.

Regardless, I'm not going to encourage you either way, I just think that CBT should be used as an absolute last resort and somethings telling me (maybe it's your fur babies, haha) that there is another option.

Much love, I hope I was kinda able to help. I kinda threw a lot of info at you at once.
xx!
experience* sorry, I don't have my glasses on.

But I did want to add that you aren't useless. You are your own special and unique person. Even if you don't feel like you're doing anything important, you are your kitties life. That's something very NOT useless. They need you.

Whatever you choose, just be sure in your decision because it's a very permanent solution. <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: artemis1223
Dead Already

Dead Already

-
Jul 14, 2023
Brother, at your age the last thing you are is useless, you have knowledge and experience well beyond most on this forum.
Shaking hands can be held by another, cars can be fixed, cats need love and attention.
I don't know your situation but help is out there, you just have to play the game.
Not telling you what to do Sir, low is not down for the count, its just the beginning of another chapter.
I'm sure the "youngers" here have lots to learn from your years of experience.
What ever you decide, nothing but respect for the miles you have traveled in 72 years on this rock, BRAVO Sir...
Sending you positive waves Moriarty !!!

• Love
Reactions: peaches and artemis1223
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Not for me but it's a personal decision deciding whether to delay the inevitable or not, it must be tiring what you are going through, I find it awful how existing here can very easily get much worse.

A

artemis1223

Nov 22, 2020

xx!

experience* sorry, I don't have my glasses on.

But I did want to add that you aren't useless. You are your own special and unique person. Even if you don't feel like you're doing anything important, you are your kitties life. That's something very NOT useless. They need you.

Whatever you choose, just be sure in your decision because it's a very permanent solution. <3
I have no retirement. Those funds went into fixing cars. And I live in a town with no public transport. Anxiety as you know is rough. I wanted to go to church today just to be with people, but that would be a very long walk. I am also looking into the possibility that this town has some senior groups.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
My biggest recommendation is to utilize public services for senior citizens. I am not saying they are abundant or even very helpful. But if you have no public transportation, you need to call around and see what the community can do for you. For example, in my area, there is a service for anyone over 65 where they use a bus to bring a group to get errands done (like going grocery shopping etc.) and do community activities (such as church and going to the park). Also, are you getting your Social Security? Also, have you considered seeking therapy? If you have Medicare, which you should qualify for, I believe they now cover outpatient therapy (to a degree at least) - and lots of therapists offer remote, over the computer or phone sessions if you cannot get to their office. Please look into senior groups, and also non-age specific groups for your interests. I know it is a hassle and you're already struggling, but please do this for yourself. I wish I could help you do it... In the mean time, please try walking to church - lean in on your faith if you are capable.

And thank you for taking care of the kitties. There are so many unwanted cats in this world, and they need people like you to care for them and give them a good life of safety and love.

• Love
Reactions: peaches, artemis1223 and spoons
spoons

spoons

the best for soup.
Jun 29, 2023
I have no retirement. Those funds went into fixing cars. And I live in a town with no public transport. Anxiety as you know is rough. I wanted to go to church today just to be with people, but that would be a very long walk. I am also looking into the possibility that this town has some senior groups.
I would def try to go sign up for benefits and stuff, like food stamps, etc. you definitely qualify! I think if you called you church and explained your situation, they might have some solutions for you to help you with stuff, since I'm assuming it's only you and your cats (nothing wrong with that btw, I'm alone with my cats too.) I'm sure they will help you, that's what churches are for!

Reactions: ApparentlyNot
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I would def try to go sign up for benefits and stuff, like food stamps, etc. you definitely qualify! I think if you called you church and explained your situation, they might have some solutions for you to help you with stuff, since I'm assuming it's only you and your cats (nothing wrong with that btw, I'm alone with my cats too.) I'm sure they will help you, that's what churches are for!
Yes! I second this. I am personally not a fan of organized religion, but it is absolutely the truth that if you call Christian churches and explain your situation, (perhaps in a letter if that's more comfortable for you), you will be surprised how many churches will help with things like transportation, food and money donations, and counseling.

• Love
Reactions: artemis1223
A

artemis1223

Nov 22, 2020
My biggest recommendation is to utilize public services for senior citizens. I am not saying they are abundant or even very helpful. But if you have no public transportation, you need to call around and see what the community can do for you. For example, in my area, there is a service for anyone over 65 where they use a bus to bring a group to get errands done (like going grocery shopping etc.) and do community activities (such as church and going to the park). Also, are you getting your Social Security? Also, have you considered seeking therapy? If you have Medicare, which you should qualify for, I believe they now cover outpatient therapy (to a degree at least) - and lots of therapists offer remote, over the computer or phone sessions if you cannot get to their office. Please look into senior groups, and also non-age specific groups for your interests. I know it is a hassle and you're already struggling, but please do this for yourself. I wish I could help you do it... In the mean time, please try walking to church - lean in on your faith if you are capable.

And thank you for taking care of the kitties. There are so many unwanted cats in this world, and they need people like you to care for them and give them a good life of safety and love.
I see a psychiatrist (actually he is the department head) and he put me on a new antidepressant. It doesn't work. So he is going to try something else. I have Medicare and SSI, so it is something. I do not eat much, if at all. I went from over 200 lbs. to 125 lbs. in a very unhealthy way (aka not eating). Next week I will see if I can get my car fixed. That would take a lot off my shoulders. Thank you for your response.

• Hugs
Reactions: peaches and ApparentlyNot
Dead Already

Dead Already

-
Jul 14, 2023
Wishing you a better existence today brother.
Hope those hands were steady, and the mind cleared a little.
More positive waves sent your way.