heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
I talked to my mom earlier and she said my uncle wanted me to get a job that's related to my course. They know I've been applying for call centers but I think they just deemed it too low. My mom was okay with call center and said it'll help me gain confidence. I just don't know what to fucking do. I feel like I have to live up to what each of my family member wants. Also, I didn't finish college lol so I definitely can't apply for jobs related to my course(my family doesn't know this, long story but i've mentioned it in my recent posts if you ever want to know why lol)

It's driving me crazy. 'She should do this', 'she should do that', 'Don't listen to your mom', 'Don't listen to your uncle', 'Don't listen to your grandparents' LIKE WHAT THE FUCK. I know someone here will have the urge to comment "Well follow yourself, you're an adult." like it's that fucking easy huh. No, I don't have any dreams and just pursuing call center just so I can earn money and leave. Please don't tell me "Then stop thinking about them!" MY WHOLE LIFE REVOLVED AROUND TO WHAT THEY WILL THINK OF ME.

I feel like I'm being torn apart. I'm 22 and I still don't know who I am. I feel like I'm not allowed to make mistakes and get hurt. I know my family just wants the best for me but overprotecting me like this robs me of my independence and experience. I don't want to tell them what I want to do with my life because honestly, I don't know! I'm just winging it because I don't have any long term goals at all! I want to find myself first because I've been stuck in a loop for 6 years. But they won't get it. They'll never get it.

I'm just so tired of having to report everything that is happening to me. They expect me to know what I'm doing like I'm sorry I don't know what I'm doing but I want to learn and grow so please let me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death and Dysgenic Pup