sorararara

sorararara

not much to look at
Feb 12, 2023
i see so many people vent about their loneliness, how they are unable to make friends, lost their closest friends, only have toxic people in their lives... i've been there. for years, i did not have a single person in my life. i went months without even interacting with people. after that, i had one friend who treated me like shit, and i kept her around for years.
now, i have amazing friends both online and irl. i have the sweetest, most loving and understanding friends anyone could ask for. i have a loving, supportive family (mostly) and pets who adore me. i know i'm not alone, i know i'm just being ungrateful, but i feel so fucking lonely.
i feel the same way i did when i had no one.
it's not fair to anyone, i want to get over this. i'm surrounded by people who love me eternally, but it's not enough. i still feel empty.

i want love
existing is so painful, i wish i had died. i'm an idiot for failing my attempt.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and landslide2
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
So research has shown that feelings of loneliness do not actually have much to do with how much social contact you get. You can have lots of good relationships and still feel totally alone. It's all in your head. And it sucks big time. I'm sorry you feel lonely.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and sorararara
sorararara

sorararara

not much to look at
Feb 12, 2023
So research has shown that feelings of loneliness do not actually have much to do with how much social contact you get. You can have lots of good relationships and still feel totally alone. It's all in your head. And it sucks big time. I'm sorry you feel lonely.
i've never heard about that! thank you for the reply :)

coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
i get it. i have my besties and my parents are awesome but like idk i still feel so alone, like i said on another thread its like filling the square hole with the round peg like it fills it a bit but like it isnt enough. they'll never like me in the same way i like them and i just need someone who does like no matter how many close friends i have i'll never be happy until i get that.

graysme

graysme

Aug 31, 2024
I get you. It never feels enough for some reason. I'm starting to think loneliness is just the consequence of something else, but I can't figure out what.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think we all have the right to feel whatever we feel. Emotions aren't exactly defined by logic. I suppose you could go further to analyse why you still feel lonely. Is it because you may be around people but, you are still fairly closed off to them? I imagine that can be a defense mechanism if you have been hurt in the past. Is it that you feel like they don't fully understand you or, you don't fully understand them? Maybe the worst I've felt around people is that they don't care/ aren't interested enough to want to understand. That's a very lonely feeling. I think it's probably worse to feel lonely in a crowd.