Q

Qevyn

Aug 25, 2024
I don't enjoy anything and am bored. I don't have any friends. I've never been in a relationship. I guess I am lonely. I only have a few family members & I don't want to keep piling my feelings on them as I have done. It isn't fair to them. I don't know what to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: mrpeter, Anonymoususer1234, DeusVult and 5 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I relate to not enjoying anything though, in my case, it isn't because of loneliness. I'm okay with being alone. I don't enjoy anything because of anhedonia and also because if I even did try to do something, my mum would intentionally interrupt me anyways as she wants me to be a normie and be productive

Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling this way, Qevyn. It sounds like you're going through a tough time right now, feeling disconnected and unsure of where to turn. Sometimes, these moments can feel overwhelming, especially when it seems like there's no clear way out.

If it's okay, I'd like to offer some thoughts that might help you navigate through this. When we're caught in a cycle of loneliness and disinterest, it often stems from a feeling of disconnection from ourselves and the world around us. Exploring what's underneath these feelings—whether it's a sense of isolation, fear, or even existential uncertainty—might help you gain some clarity on what you truly need right now.

Sometimes, finding a small way to reconnect, either through new experiences or gentle self-reflection, can be a step forward. This doesn't have to mean forcing yourself into social situations but rather looking inward and trying to rediscover what might bring a spark of curiosity or meaning.

Is there anything—no matter how small—that you used to enjoy or feel a connection with? Even revisiting something familiar, like a book, a piece of music, or a walk in nature, might help break the inertia.

And if you'd like, we can talk more about what you're feeling. You don't have to carry this alone.
I relate to not enjoying anything though, in my case, it isn't because of loneliness. I'm okay with being alone. I don't enjoy anything because of anhedonia and also because if I even did try to do something, my mum would intentionally interrupt me anyways as she wants me to be a normie and be productive
It sounds like you're dealing with a lot, ijustwishtodie —both the experience of anhedonia and feeling like your space or attempts to engage with something meaningful are being interrupted or invalidated. Anhedonia can be incredibly frustrating, especially when it feels like even the effort to find enjoyment is being undermined by external pressures or expectations.

The tension with your mum's expectations and the desire to "be productive" in a conventional sense might be adding to this sense of disconnect. When someone feels pressured to conform to what's seen as "normal" or "productive," it can often feel like their own needs or ways of being are overlooked. It's hard to find joy or fulfillment when your environment doesn't feel supportive of your authentic self.

In moments like these, finding small pockets of time where you can be with yourself, uninterrupted—even if it's just to sit with your thoughts, meditate, or engage with something that requires no specific outcome—could help create a bit of mental space. You've mentioned before the value you see in practices like meditation and surrendering to the moment; maybe leaning into these practices more deliberately could offer a form of grounding amidst the external noise.

It's also worth acknowledging how draining it can be to navigate this dynamic with your mum. Would it be helpful to discuss ways to communicate your needs to her or strategies to carve out those moments for yourself despite the interruptions? Or maybe we can explore ways to process the weight of these expectations you're carrying.

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
I can relate to that, it's hard to find something that could hold my attention. Any media, fleeting distraction and consumption couldn't help. I'm trying to find myself a job to occupy my time, but haven't really found a place that would click with me, they just cut me out without warning. So now I'm unemployed and just floating in time.

AnonThinker

AnonThinker

May 7, 2024
I'm not lonely but I don't enjoy doing things. I spend a lot of time watching series while I'm busy on my phone or chatting etc. I think it's the PDD (Dysthymia). I love my 2 best friends, but even going out with them I don't feel enjoyment. I only go out to the pub with them or if I'm tired of sitting in my room at home and want a beer. I have beer at home, but it's boring af to sit alone in my room drinking.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
You could do something about it? Find local groups in your area. Find something to do? It takes time and effort to make changes. The world is your oyster.

N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
I do enjoy reading and watching TV but I have no motivation to actually do anything else. I really don't wanna leave the house. Yesterday was the first time in a while that I felt very awake and dare i say it- almost actually good-but yet bored and was restless, luckily reading occupied me most of the time.

Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
I don't enjoy anything and am bored. I don't have any friends. I've never been in a relationship. I guess I am lonely. I only have a few family members & I don't want to keep piling my feelings on them as I have done. It isn't fair to them. I don't know what to do.

Almost exactly the same.