anaokino_

anaokino_

internal wizard
Oct 19, 2024
I feel like I don't deserve to be "depressed". I have trauma; in my opinion not severe but sometimes i think my body does think otherwise. (Trauma because my father emotionally "abused" me but never got physical or anything). Consequently i got a high functional depression. Some people had it way way worse than me. I mean right now i should be alright. I have almost everything. A roof over my head, a mother that supports me, good grades and despite the trauma i got a good memory. I could easily get a college degree and a high paying job but still my body and psyche acts like it's the end of the world. It feels like my body is betraying me and it's not allowed to do that. Right now i'm given all the chances but still i can't even handle the day to day life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: secretariat, LifeQuitter, etherealspring and 2 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Nobody deserves to be depressed. Unfortunately this sick, disgusting, maggot-infested world gives us what it wants. Not what we necessarily deserve.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and suicidaltransgirl
DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Just an absolute mess.
Oct 7, 2024
If you constantly compare your trauma to others you're always going to think other people have it worse off than you. But trauma is subjective for the most part. The fact is you're in pain from what you dealt with and that's okay. Everybody is going through their own issues. Your feelings are valid.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind and suicidaltransgirl
suicidaltransgirl

suicidaltransgirl

Aug 26, 2024
If you constantly compare your trauma to others you're always going to think other people have it worse off than you. But trauma is subjective for the most part. The fact is you're in pain from what you dealt with and that's okay. Everybody is going through their own issues. Your feelings are valid.
This. I think it's nice to be self-aware enough to know that the abuse we faced wasn't the worst in the world ever, but minimizing it will only shift the blame onto yourself. Nobody was born wishing to become depressed, and it's not something you have to "earn" by going through bad enough experiences.

• Love
Reactions: DeadNotSleeping
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Welcome to the site.

I am so terribly sorry to hear about how much pain and suffering you are under; no one deserve that. I wish I could just take some of your pain away to ease the burden.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity you might be seeking.

• Love
Reactions: anaokino_
Abyssal

Abyssal

Probably gonna die soon maybe?
Nov 26, 2023
Nobody deserves depression. Wouldn't wish this even on human garbage or politicians (so human garbage).