N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe that is related to my mental illness. I have sometimes problems to notice human needs/sensory perceptions. I have to remind myself in order not to forget some. I am always very anxious and ruminating. I am just too distracted to think about the room temperature. My mom worries about me when it is cold. But I don't really care about the temperature. The worst thing for me is rather when it is very warm when I want to sleep. I want the opposite. I want to have a very cold room where I sleep. So no heater on for several hours before I sleep. I cannot really understand how other people can suffer so much because of a cold apartment. Though I am probably the weird one concerning this topic. It must be bad for other people. Though I can absoluetly not relate to it.

I rather feel good when it is cold for several reasons. Heating costs a lot in my country. Moreover I feel like I can contribute to beating Putin with freezing. This probably is an illusion but at least I can pretend to sacrifice something. However of course it does not mean much for me. So it is rather superficial.

The only problem is when one never heats the pipes in the house can get damaged.

I think I am rather an exception in this instance. What about you?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, leeloosnow, Venus13 and 1 other person
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
Some people just strongly prefer either hot or cold temperatures. I am the same and also opposite - for me it's heat, it's rare the weather is ever 'too hot' for me, it does not bother me at all. I've been to the Middle East and happily walk around in the midday sun while most people stay out of the heat at that time etc. For me the cold literally hurts, it makes my bones ache with the arthritis, and stiffens everything up.
I'd rather be you, though, it'll make it a cheap winter, to be sure. Perhaps consider a career in the arctic or something? There's some really interesting jobs out there if you don't mind the climate and leaving your home behind for months at a time.

Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I'm with you, a cold room is so soothing. I hurt in heat. The cold is my natural comfort.

Reactions: leeloosnow
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
The cold lightens my anxiety but the heat increases it.

Reactions: Venus13 and leeloosnow
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I can't say I enjoy being cold. I'm trying to not to use central heating though because of the cost- just using an oil filled radiator in one room. Still heat water to wash with though. Do you have access to that at least?

Yes- if it gets too cold and you're not using the heating, there is a risk of the water in your pipes freezing, expanding and cracking the pipes. It's making me nervous- although I know I've left this place without any heating for nearly six months once- during which time we had snow and it was ok then, so I'm hoping for the best... Just make sure your pipes have that foam pipe lagging anywhere they are really exposed- like in the loft.

Yay for you doing your bit to fight Putin. If you're from Russia though (? Don't mean to pry), I'll bet it gets a lot colder than here (UK.) Just don't end up with pneumonia! ⛄

Sorrowful Paradise

Sorrowful Paradise

A sweet guy
Nov 20, 2022
Cold makes me feel better than heat.