WholeHereafter

WholeHereafter

Jul 29, 2024
title explains itself...
I feel completely backed into a corner due to incurable physical illness, a lack of support, and unfortunate circumstances that will lead to impending homelessness or more abusive unstable living environments.
I don't believe SN is peaceful, but I don't know what else to do, as major traumatic upheavals are around the corner.

If you have incurable medical illness that degrades your quality of life to such an extreme degree, you should be allowed a painless dignified way to opt out of your life circumstances. If I lived in Canada I could apply for Maid and would qualify for that option. I don't know what to do. Life is about to take a huge turn for the worse stability-wise, and this will exacerbate disease activity/symptoms. My body can't tolerate that kind of incessant chaos and trauma right now, so I'm forced to think about the realities of choosing SN, but everything in me is resisting what I know will be a painful and difficult experience, SI included.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Unknown21, no.one, suffering_mo and 8 others
AbyssalAlien

AbyssalAlien

Oct 5, 2024
I Support the Right to Die. So my apologies if it feels like I am guiding you to that option. But life isn't fair, has not been fair to you, and you were not given an option of when to live and now when to die.

The idea of suicide is controlling your own destiny. Maybe life wanted to sacrifice you to make an example for others, or be someones karma, or someones fortune. Point is, you were not given a choice.

But here we are at the crossroads. You now have the choice to continue in this life that you feel miserable in and know it does not have a gentle ending.

Or, you can start planning your ending, not allowing the disease to claim your life. Once you have your ending planned, live everyday as if you were about to die tomorrow. And when you can no longer live carefree, execute the plan accordingly to how you will it.

Tell, no one. Last thing you want is to be institutionalized with a crippling disease and all your last moments is just a heart monitor beeping, a cold bed, and a white wall.

Its up to you.

• Aww..
Reactions: LostSoul1965, dull emerald, Roadrunner and 3 others
A

affirmatice

Aug 31, 2024
I agree. I do not think SN on its own is peaceful.

ideally, benzos, painkillers, etc. would make it much more pleasant. Although still there is not much concrete documentation on that

Reactions: suffering_mo and sevennn
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I am very sorry to hear about your circumstances. I have an incurable physical illness as well that leaves me with extremely low quality of life, thus my opinion on SN is informed by that.

The word "peaceful" is used in a different way when assessing CTB than it would be for something that was at all pleasant, atleast for me and many others. I expect the physical symptoms from SN to be significantly less painful than what I experience regularly. Vomiting, racing heart, dizziness, these are all things I experience most of the week, so while that doesn't make it any less horrible that we're denied the right to a medically assisted legal death, it's a matter of practicalities and comparisons for me.

That's in no way to invalidate any of your fears or feelings about SN. Just sharing my perspective on why SN is an acceptable option for me.

Reactions: LostSoul1965
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
SN is far more peaceful than most suicide methods out there. If I had SN, I would already be dead. Those who can access SN are so lucky and privileged to where it's actually insane. But I do agree that we deserve better suicide methods like N or euthanasia

• Informative
Reactions: cowboypants, Culprit and LostSoul1965
Demian

Demian

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
It makes me sad to hear reports like yours. If I could, I'd give you a hug right now.

I only have SN too. I thought about taking zolpidem and SN, because zolpidem will literally shut me down and then SN will kill me when I'm asleep.

Reactions: zenirsar and Roadrunner
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds like you've suffered so unbearably, it's just so cruel and dreadful to me how there's all this suffering, personally it feels so horrible how there isn't the option to just be euthanised, I see so much cruelty in how painless death like that is made inaccessible. But anyway I wish you the best, I hope you find peace and relief from suffering.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
L

LostSoul1965

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
SN is far more peaceful than most suicide methods out there. If I had SN, I would already be dead. Those who can access SN are so lucky and privileged to where it's actually insane. But I do agree that we deserve better suicide methods like N or euthanasia
This šŸ‘†šŸ¼

Reactions: Unknown21 and ijustwishtodie