UnluckyBastard

UnluckyBastard

Jun 26, 2024
I hate it here. I hate my pathetic fucking existence. These past four years have been hell. It's like the covid mindset never ended. Everyone is on edge still. People are getting more and more rude and cruel. Every job I've tried to hold for three past few years have been a fucking nightmare. It takes so much energy getting out of bed. I wanna die. I hate it here. I can't hold work, which means I don't have money, which means I'm fucked if my folks kick me out. I donate plasma and just give them money for the bills which shuts them up but that isn't gonna last for long. Eventually they're gonna try tired of me and give me an ultimatum: "Hold a job or leave". I'd be happy to fucking leave this shit hole town if I had the mental fortitude to hold a goddamn job. It's like a catch 22. I can't hold a job because of my mental health collapse, but I can't get out of here because I can't hold a job. Meds don't fucking work. They make me feel sick. I don't get to see my psychiatrist until weeks from now. I hate it here. I wanna die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nefera, Forever Sleep, hoppybunny and 13 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
Work sure does suck, and - sadly - I think you're right that the post-COVID world changed things. It's so strange to think about how we just kinda went through that. The whole world seems to be on edge in more ways than one. To me, just the fact that you're hanging in there and trying is a huge accomplishment tbh.

Sorry to hear your meds aren't helping (even making things worse!) The first anti-depressant I was put on made me more anxious and jittery rather than less. It was awful. Hopefully when you do see your psychiatrist they can change it up.

Reactions: Nefera, GoatHerder, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
No More Tears

No More Tears

I'm tired of missing the bus.
Jul 26, 2024
I know the feeling. After years of meds, psych wards, therapists, etc... I gave up on all of it. My time is coming, and that's the only thing I have that I can look forward to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Another lost soul09, Nefera, UnluckyBastard and 2 others
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I haven't worked in about 2 years. My savings is running low. I'm dreading running out, but I hate working so much.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nefera, hoppybunny, No More Tears and 2 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019

Not sure if you heard of the HAWK TUAH girl. For those that know, here's a post of it, so we can shake our heads in disappointment together

Reactions: offbalance, divinemistress36, sovcat and 2 others
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
I just want to bang on the drum all day.

Reactions: Another lost soul09, witless, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
I hate it here. I hate my pathetic fucking existence. These past four years have been hell. It's like the covid mindset never ended. Everyone is on edge still. People are getting more and more rude and cruel. Every job I've tried to hold for three past few years have been a fucking nightmare. It takes so much energy getting out of bed. I wanna die. I hate it here. I can't hold work, which means I don't have money, which means I'm fucked if my folks kick me out. I donate plasma and just give them money for the bills which shuts them up but that isn't gonna last for long. Eventually they're gonna try tired of me and give me an ultimatum: "Hold a job or leave". I'd be happy to fucking leave this shit hole town if I had the mental fortitude to hold a goddamn job. It's like a catch 22. I can't hold a job because of my mental health collapse, but I can't get out of here because I can't hold a job. Meds don't fucking work. They make me feel sick. I don't get to see my psychiatrist until weeks from now. I hate it here. I wanna die.
I feel you with the meds not working. Fundamentally it's an environment issue. You can't medicate you're way out of shitty circumstances. I also hate working or more like the act of leaving my house. So a remote job is good for me even if I hate working.

May I ask what kind of jobs you've been applying to? Maybe I can help you find one that's bareable.

Reactions: UnluckyBastard
UnluckyBastard

UnluckyBastard

Jun 26, 2024
I feel you with the meds not working. Fundamentally it's an environment issue. You can't medicate you're way out of shitty circumstances. I also hate working or more like the act of leaving my house. So a remote job is good for me even if I hate working.

May I ask what kind of jobs you've been applying to? Maybe I can help you find one that's bareable.
I've been working private unarmed security jobs. It's the most boring shit imaginable. Can't even stop anyone. It's disgusting. What's the point of me being there if I can't do anything to help?

Ironically enough, that statement applies to my life in general. It's like poetry. It rhymes.
Have you tried adderall? It's the only thing that makes going to even remotely doable for me.
They won't give it to me. I tried.

hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
I've been working private unarmed security jobs. It's the most boring shit imaginable. Can't even stop anyone. It's disgusting. What's the point of me being there if I can't do anything to help?

Ironically enough, that statement applies to my life in general. It's like poetry. It rhymes.
Is it jobs were you have to stand around, also how's the pay?

If the pay is good maybe you can just watch Netflix all day since you can't really do anything. My sister has an office job weres she's bored out of her mind cause she barely does anything so she spends it watching youtube. Only reason she's moving jobs is cause it doesn't pay enough for her to not live paycheck to paycheck.

There's also getting a gaming hobby. Live service mobile games like genshin, honkai Star Rail or cookie run are good cause there's always new content. However I don't like reccomending gacha games cause they cause gambling addictions.

There's also maybe switching to an office job or using your security job to skill up so you can get a better paying job. I'm working in coding which pays pretty good so I can dm you some free courses.