Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
This life is really not for me. I'm suffering an existential crisis right now and I don't see the point in anything. Time seeps everything away anyways and I can't take it anymore. I did this to myself.

I do hope...whatever is on the otherside, that it's way better than this life.

I do hope...it's a world where everyone's suffering comes into light.

I do hope...it's something that's way better than this life.

It's most likely just wishful thinking and we're probably nothing special at all in the grand scheme of things but DAMN do I HOPE there is an afterlife and I don't have to deal with any of life's bullshit.

Living life for now but I've finally come into terms that my life will end by own hands. I don't see myself growing old.

Alan Watts - "It's better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than living a long one in a miserable way."

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99, Zyntkalla, Lost in a Dream and 5 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I also hope there is something good after this, but I highly doubt there is.

Reactions: Joey, BPD Barbie, Zyntkalla and 3 others
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
I really don't hope there is anything else afterwards. I just want everything to stop. If I wake up after CTB just to realize I have to go through more of this shit... Don't even want to think about it.

• Love
Reactions: Joey
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Afterlifes are just mankind's coping mechanisms for dealing with death.

Reactions: BPD Barbie
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Afterlifes are just mankind's coping mechanisms for dealing with death.
It'll be some sort of new kind of birth in a way. It might not be exactly you but the energy goes somewhere. Energy can't be created nor destroyed. It can only be transferred.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It'll be some sort of new kind of birth in a way. It might not be exactly you but the energy goes somewhere. Energy can't be created nor destroyed. It can only be transferred.

It's true that "your" energy can neither be created nor destroyed but that doesn't mean that it is transferred from its current state into another as is, that's not what that means. When you die, your body's energy is transferred into heat energy that dissipates into the environment. You don't have a soul to be transferred anywhere, no one does.

When you die, that's it. The universe was 13.4 billion years old before your birth and the next 13.4 billion will feel just as long: instantaneous from your point of view. The best that we can hope for is that this death will be eternal and we don't come back when another iteration of this universe is made thanks to big bangs and poincare recurrence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarahlynn