N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think he is very overrated. I aks myself who is spending such an insane amount of time into listening to his podcasts. And then many people have him as the only source of information...
For me he is an opportunist. Sometimes he pretends to be right then again left. He likes to make compliments to these people and then again he gossips about them. I have the feeling he has no principles. He just sells himself this way to get the most followers. And he is quite good in that.

Solely the wording "The Joe Rogan experience" is quite savvy. But in my opinion it is not worth the time to listen to his podcasts.

Reactions: Fragile, come to dust and Klophy
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
I used to enjoy watching his podcasts, some time ago. In the few i have watched i found him to be quite firm in his own viewpoint but was always quite open to discuss others.

I stopped watching him some time ago for the same reasons you listed. He just seemed fake after a while. i'm not sure if it's true or he's just easily swayed by some things.

You might like Lex Fridman, even though i haven't watched much of anything in quite a while, i enjoyed his podcasts. The guests are also very engaging.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I never gave a shit about him but he acts as a rallying point for all the semi-rebels of the System and that's good. Keep taking that 'horse dewormer for covid', Rogan! Some day your audience will want actual rebelliousness and you will be discarded. Until then, it's better than having them on Netflix or CNN.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I know what you mean, but I still enjoy listening to his podcasts from time to time. It really all depends on the guests. He has some really interesting people on his show. Maybe he has let the popularity of his show get to him but even though he is flawed he is still a good guy at heart. At least, that's how I perceive him to be. We are all human at the end of the day and humans are fickle creatures.

C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
I know what you mean, but I still enjoy listening to his podcasts from time to time. It really all depends on the guests. He has some really interesting people on his show. Maybe he has let the popularity of his show get to him but even though he is flawed he is still a good guy at heart. At least, that's how I perceive him to be. We are all human at the end of the day and humans are fickle creatures.
You're a nicer person than I am for sure!
I'd like to think he's good at heart but I have zero desire to see or hear him ever again, lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Lost Magic
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It depends on who his guest is and what they are discussing. WIth David Goggins as a guest, I thought he was great, also with Mike Tyson and other athletes. I disagree with him on a lot of political things so I tend to not like these podcasts. It really dep0ends on who he is interviewing. He interviewed Courtney Dewaulter, an ultramarthoner, and it was amazing. It is pretty impressive that he does long interviews without notes or without really any prep and they turn out well- like Bill Maher said- you may not think of this as a skill, but it is.