Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I ended contact with someone who hurt me and was feeling okay for the past few days about that. But today I'm hurting. Last thing I said to him was that I'm sorry for stressing him out and I don't want him to hurt anymore. Which is uhm I suppose is true. One minute I feel so bad for the guy and the next I want him to feel the same pain I'm dealing with. So yeah WTF is wrong with me idk.

I never got my apology after nearly a year of chasing him for one. Stupid decision and waste of time on my behalf but I feel relief that it's over but pain that I tried so hard for nothing

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Bct, Nuclear Gandhi and 1 other person
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I ended contact with someone who hurt me and was feeling okay for the past few days about that. But today I'm hurting. Last thing I said to him was that I'm sorry for stressing him out and I don't want him to hurt anymore. Which is uhm I suppose is true. One minute I feel so bad for the guy and the next I want him to feel the same pain I'm dealing with. So yeah WTF is wrong with me idk.

I never got my apology after nearly a year of chasing him for one. Stupid decision and waste of time on my behalf but I feel relief that it's over but pain that I tried so hard for nothing

I mean I go by the "if anyone is toxic, no matter who, they'll only bring you down to their level". His lack of fucks also suggests he doesn't care much about you..

Reactions: Pryras
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I mean I go by the "if anyone is toxic, no matter who, they'll only bring you down to their level". His lack of fucks also suggests he doesn't care much about you..

Oh I can confirm that he doesn't give af about me that's the only certain thing about the whole situation.

Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Oh I can confirm that he doesn't give af about me that's the only certain thing about the whole situation.

Why keep him around then? Only to possibly give you hope and keep trying to be the "good person" just to be let down.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Why keep him around then? Only to possibly give you hope and keep trying to be the "good person" just to be let down.

Yeah it doesn't make sense and I don't know why I kept holding on. He wasn't a boyfriend, but a close friend who took advantage of me but wouldn't apologize for it. He's slimey AF and I don't know why I put someone like that on a pedestal for doing the right thing. I'm stupid for that. I guess I can't comprehend what happened and I don't know how to cope from it

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Yeah it doesn't make sense and I don't know why I kept holding on. He wasn't a boyfriend, but a close friend who took advantage of me but wouldn't apologize for it. He's slimey AF and I don't know why I put someone like that on a pedestal for doing the right thing. I'm stupid for that. I guess I can't comprehend what happened and I don't know how to cope from it

You're not stupid.. you're just caring too much for the wrong person. I do the same shit, that's why I pretty much dropped everyone, makes it simple :). Try to put yourself out there to find someone else to replace what you feel for the other guy. Might even turn into something more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Pryras
Nuclear Gandhi

Nuclear Gandhi

May 11, 2020

I can relate a lot. It's totally normal to be frustrated after cutting someone from your life. I did it to my very close friend because we were very toxic and enabling the worst in each other. I took me quite a long time to get over my anger and I missed her a lot sometimes, but in the end I stand by my decision.
I hope for you it will be a shorter process :) You deserve supportive people in your life, not ones that undermine you. Best wishes!

• Hugs
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I can relate a lot. It's totally normal to be frustrated after cutting someone from your life. I did it to my very close friend because we were very toxic and enabling the worst in each other. I took me quite a long time to get over my anger and I missed her a lot sometimes, but in the end I stand by my decision.
I hope for you it will be a shorter process :) You deserve supportive people in your life, not ones that undermine you. Best wishes!

That's a tough decision to make good for you being aware of how toxic you were to one another. Proud of you for making that decision I wish I was as self aware. My grieving process has manifested into deep resentment and anger for the person. I stopped engaging because I was exhausted and in pain trying to get the bare minimum from them. I hope things get better because I don't want to think about it anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nuclear Gandhi
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
Sorry if I'm missing the core issue of your post - is this someone you were looking to be with romantically?

Either way, I'm sorry that it had to end like that. That's one of the depressing things about socializing today - you can be dropped like a hat even after so much time and investment in a relationship. I hope you can find a way to move on quickly. Maybe in time you'll see s/he wasn't really worth the time if they can treat the relationship in such a cavalier way.

• Love
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Sorry if I'm missing the core issue of your post - is this someone you were looking to be with romantically?

Either way, I'm sorry that it had to end like that. That's one of the depressing things about socializing today - you can be dropped like a hat even after so much time and investment in a relationship. I hope you can find a way to move on quickly. Maybe in time you'll see s/he wasn't really worth the time if they can treat the relationship in such a cavalier way.

I didn't give much context but he was a friend of mine. We had no intention of getting together. He took advantage of me one night and cut me off when I talked to him about it. In my last phone call with him several months later, he stated how stressed he was after I talked to him about it (not guilty that he did it, but why I spoke about it) and i apologized for stressing him out. I hoped he'd apologize for what he did but he didn't and I'm hurting from it.