edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
After the first stages of isolation and "self-discovery", I realized that no matter how much I try to help other people, in the long term I end up causing more damage... that's why I don't want to be an important part of anyone's life. . At least for now I can't afford it, I must repair myself first

• Hugs
Reactions: tiger b, LoiteringClouds, sad_rock and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
After the first stages of isolation and "self-discovery", I realized that no matter how much I try to help other people, in the long term I end up causing more damage... that's why I don't want to be an important part of anyone's life. . At least for now I can't afford it, I must repair myself first
That's a hard thing to discover and an even harder thing to work on. Nonetheless, I hope that you succeed in that goal of yours or that you somehow do help people despite being broken yourself. After all, two broken people supporting each other should make an impact of some sort, right? At least if said support is genuine that is

• Love
Reactions: edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
That's a hard thing to discover and an even harder thing to work on. Nonetheless, I hope that you succeed in that goal of yours or that you somehow do help people despite being broken yourself. After all, two broken people supporting each other should make an impact of some sort, right? At least if said support is genuine that is
Thank you so much. Yes, I have tried to look for "broken" people like me to be able to "fix us" together, but although it is true that you feel understood, it is very difficult to build something solid due to the emotional instability of both parties (at least in my experience).

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sad_rock and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Thank you so much. Yes, I have tried to look for "broken" people like me to be able to "fix us" together, but although it is true that you feel understood, it is very difficult to build something solid due to the emotional instability of both parties (at least in my experience).
That's true, damn. I just wish that we could help others without having to recover ourselves first but it does seem like helping others requires more emotional stability as well as having energy to actually help. The least we could do is perhaps give empathy and understanding to those who need it, though this may actually be a lot for some people

• Love
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
That's true, damn. I just wish that we could help others without having to recover ourselves first but it does seem like helping others requires more emotional stability as well as having energy to actually help. The least we could do is perhaps give empathy and understanding to those who need it, though this may actually be a lot for some people
It's true, sometimes people just need you to listen to them... a phrase that may seem cliché but made me think a lot is: "you can't expect to fill other people's cups when your cup is empty."

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Thank you so much. Yes, I have tried to look for "broken" people like me to be able to "fix us" together,
That is a rough period to go through. I'm sorry you had to go through that. We often look for people like our own flaws so that our existence becomes validated. Fixing them gives us the illusion that we are helping ourselves too when in reality we are causing more wounds.

• Love
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
That is a rough period to go through. I'm sorry you had to go through that. We often look for people like our own flaws so that our existence becomes validated. Fixing them gives us the illusion that we are helping ourselves too when in reality we are causing more wounds.
exactly... it's also like sometimes we try to make a person feel loved and understood, and we become an important part of that person's life, but due to the instability of our own life that is out of control, you end up harming that person and you end up thinking that it would have been better for that person if you had never shown up with your good intentions in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
I'm glad that you still have hope of repairing your life. I gave up on myself years ago and never looked back. Hopefully I'll gather the courage to ctb next year.

Good luck in whatever you do!

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
It's true, sometimes people just need you to listen to them... a phrase that may seem cliché but made me think a lot is: "you can't expect to fill other people's cups when your cup is empty."
Yeah, I really agree with that. It's just so true

• Love