T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Lately, and by that I mean for the past couple years, I've noticed people not using any form of critical thinking during conversations. People almost seem to go out of their way sometimes to misunderstand the simplest of statements, requiring me to stop and fully explain every minutia of the universe to them. There's no example sufficient enough to provide a full context to the totality of how often it occurs, but imagine a conversation in which you lay out simple details in a way that makes perfect sense either due to you having heard it several times before, or the information uses specific bits of details that anyone 5 years old and up can understand. The result of this work is a scattered "huh?" or a complete and total divergence from the original point. This upsets me more than it should to the point where, when it happens, and I feel the boiling, I want to cry and not shout. But since nobody wants to use their brain, and instead want to be spoon-fed down to the atomic level, I shout and lash out. I hate them to the point that even thinking about the simplest of misunderstandings makes me violently ill inside. I grew up in an environment that wasn't built for me, I had to build myself to it. Having aspergers meant I had to speak on a different level until I learned how everyone else spoke. Now, eveyone else is a fucking moron hell bent on ruining the functions of a conversation and I refuse to speak to them beyond using color coded cards and large printed pictures with an accompanying letter of the alphabet. It's gotten so prominent in my life I've begun to reciprocate it solely to see how everyone will respond.
They get confused.

If I plan something with someone, and work out the details, then they ask me "What are we doing," I immediately leave with no regard to their feelings. I'm so over it. I'm completely over having to spoon feed and walk around topics with people.
This is my honest opinion, based on observations spanning 30 years. People are getting dumber, be careful guys.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isadeth, AE2021, botanormal and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Natural languages are bad, problematic and inherently ambiguous. And many people are toxic or don't want to try understanding things better. Languages actually are a big part of why humans suck.

Reactions: AE2021, botanormal and Toptock
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I understand this. Them misreading or taking something completely out of context is what starts most of my arguments then they get pissed of at me like I can't read. :meh:

(if you're reading this questionm, I don't specifically mean you, it's happened a lot. So no I'm not singling you out because of recent events.)

Reactions: Symbiote, botanormal and Toptock

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
I totally get this, op. I feel the same way. And I do the same thing (leaving the conversation). You're not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: AE2021 and botanormal
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Oh humans are definitely de-evolving at an alarming rate. You can actually watch it happening. I know I am because I keep attacking my own reflection.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, AE2021, botanormal and 1 other person
C

CosmicVoid

Jan 20, 2021
Wow. This is so beautiful. I was gonna ask if you had Asperger's after reading the first couple of sentences you wrote, but then you said it yourself. I resonate with this a lot. Communicating with others is extremely difficult because of this. All the friends I've ever had matched a specific personality, because otherwise it was simply too emotionally draining to even engage with people. What hurts the most is the fact that my entire life I thought everyone else was weird and stupid, but it turns out I'm the one who has a defective brain. Asperger's truly fucking sucks and I hate to see fellow aspies go through this shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toptock and botanormal
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
Could not have said it better myself. Was glad to read that others experience this too. I know that I am not an idiot and when I explain something I do a pretty good job of making my point. Trying to deal with the responses when people just are not listening or want to get into some ego battle over every little thing is just exhausting. It is like people are just waiting their turn to talk..talk...talk... or puff up their egos at your expense. They don't even try to connect about the real essence of the communication. I rarely bother to get into a conversations in person any more because it seems like many others are on some kind of auto pilot. And like someone else said, it is only going to get worse. Great post and comforting to hear others experience this.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
And then people wonder why I don't talk about my issues much because having to expend energy to help them understand who I am or what I'm going through devolves into a breakdown of communication. I'm not asking for sympathy or pity, I just want to be heard, understood, and if you could nod your head that you were listening, that would be great!

• Love
Reactions: AE2021