Pancake

Pancake

Feb 17, 2023
Every night (almost every night), when there is nothing to distract me from my grievances, I fall into a deep depression. I feel stuck, almost like I have sleep paralysis. I need to move, need to get up, and finish what I've been procrastinating all day to do. But I can't; something compels me to be as still as I can possibly manage. It's hard to describe. It's a mix of wanting to, having to, but not being able to move. I feel burdened just by the thought of closing my eyes.

The feelings that accompany me when I am like this vary. "Sometimes" it is peaceful; I do not feel or think of anything. I might as well be sleeping. I can feel every breath I take, every involuntary twitch, and the movement of my eyes as they dart across my wall. When I am alone like this, I can't help but think of every one of my mistakes. Their consequences haunt me and bog me down. It's as if my anxiety manifests itself and sits on my shoulders. It's heavy.

As I lay there, my heart beats louder. The pain would be at its peak, but still, I do not move. I am afraid to. I stop myself from crying so the spasms of my lungs do not shake me, but I am still in pain. I remember everyone that I hurt, and every mistake I made and I wallow in it. I fear that if I move, I will never be forgiven. Though, I can never atone for my mistakes because there is no possible way that I can. Every step I try to take, I trip and fall two steps back without even managing to take the first step. It feels hopeless, and I have nearly given up.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kunikuzushi, Shivali, redbathingduck and 4 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Damn, thank you very much for sharing this. Sounds like an absolutely horrendous way to go through life, sorry that is happening to you. Although it's not that severe, I have felt Some of those same feelings/ thoughts.... myself and it scares the Fck out of me. I never really knew how to phrase it properly but you nailed it.

I wonder if it's some sort of..... condition or something? Idk, - Regardless; I hope that things can turn around for the better. Thoughts and prayers to you. -

• Love
Reactions: Pancake
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really awful and tiring what you have to go through, I'm sorry that you suffer, life is just so unnecessarily cruel. But anyway I wish you the best, at least to me there could certainly never be any peace from suffering in this world.

Reactions: Pancake