• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Loli

Loli

highly flammable
May 25, 2019
Few weeks ago I had a very short time of improvement. Back then I decided that I will keep living for my friends. And parents maybe.
Unfortunately that single spark has been consumed by the darkness just like any other reason to live I ever had.

Got back to my basic condition, spiraling downwards like always.

And I feel like a piece of shit for making such promises. If there is one feeling that is more powerful than my love towards them it would surely be despair.
Making them happy feels good, but they don't spend the whole time in my head. If they're not around, which is most of the time, I'm all alone with my thoughts. And all my thoughts are yearning for death. During those long hours I'm unable to fulfill my "duty" by summoning a smile on their face, hating every second, hating myself. Everyday I force myself to do things like others, except, to me all of it is fucking pointless because I no longer see my future.

I came up to conclusion that living a miserable life for someone else's sake is utterly sad. And every prolifer who's reading this, every person who feels hurt because someone close "abandoned" them by suicide, I want you to get this message. Fixing people is not your job. Making you happy is not our job.
For the past few months I was functioning just because I didn't want to make a fuss or upset anyone. I was observing myself moving lower and lower on their priority list. AND THATS OKAY. Really. But...

If your only purpose is living for someone who is free to leave any moment it feels like dying every time it actually happens.

I'm really stupid.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, lovemelovemenot, vulturecyclop and 12 others
sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
TLDR

but I've tried living for others and it's nearly impossible, the expectations are hard to uphold

Reactions: lululoo
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Yep. I'm here because I don't want to hurt my friends and family. Then I realized that is a really shitty reason to still be here.

Reactions: Scribble Fan and sadbunny
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Hi.
I really dont think you are stupid at all but rather a realist.
Someone that has gone to the depths of depression and is feeling all the emotions and frustrations it brings.
I agree that we cannot live for others (apart from having young children ) because we must want to live for ourselves.
I know that feeling of dragging yourself through the day and how it all seems so pointless when we cannot see a future.
You are not alone.
It sounds like you have some nice friends and family whom love and care about you and you have shown this in return by trying to recover and taking their feelings into consideration.
I wish i had some great words of wisdom for you but i am feeling the same atm but i send hugs and hope you can find some relief and peace soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, lululoo, Scribble Fan and 1 other person
secondtimesthecharm

secondtimesthecharm

Jun 14, 2019
It's hard living for other people when you're going through so much, yet you love them so dearly. It's hard leaving them behind too. At the end of the day it's just a matter of which choice is harder, and which one you think you should make.

I'm not at all happy, having to leave people behind. Especially my mother, and I wish I could keep going for her sake. It's not so simple though, and I'll most likely CTB very soon. All I can do then is hope that somehow she, and everyone else, will be okay.

Reactions: lululoo, Scribble Fan and Lara Francis
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Wow, you put my exact position into words. I'm so sorry you're going through the same :hug:

Reading this helps me realize my situation isn't sustainable, I need to kill myself to get out of it. I don't see any other path for me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul and lululoo
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
TLDR

but I've tried living for others and it's nearly impossible, the expectations are hard to uphold
Living for others is a false ideal that others talk about because they think it increases their social capital. In reality all they can think of is getting the fuck away from each other. 90% of neurotypicals mental energy is expended on simply deceiving the people they claim to "live for." They find it "exciting".

Don't feel bad. It's just a big practical joke they all play on each other. We all fall for it, at some point.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, deltahead, sadbunny and 1 other person
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I only know how to live for others. Never learned how to live for myself. And it doesn't matter how many times I tell myself that it's a bad idea, a part of me can never stop looking for their validation.

• Aww..
Reactions: lovemelovemenot, not_a_robot and lululoo
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Few weeks ago I had a very short time of improvement. Back then I decided that I will keep living for my friends. And parents maybe.
Unfortunately that single spark has been consumed by the darkness just like any other reason to live I ever had.

Got back to my basic condition, spiraling downwards like always.

And I feel like a piece of shit for making such promises. If there is one feeling that is more powerful than my love towards them it would surely be despair.
Making them happy feels good, but they don't spend the whole time in my head. If they're not around, which is most of the time, I'm all alone with my thoughts. And all my thoughts are yearning for death. During those long hours I'm unable to fulfill my "duty" by summoning a smile on their face, hating every second, hating myself. Everyday I force myself to do things like others, except, to me all of it is fucking pointless because I no longer see my future.

I came up to conclusion that living a miserable life for someone else's sake is utterly sad. And every prolifer who's reading this, every person who feels hurt because someone close "abandoned" them by suicide, I want you to get this message. Fixing people is not your job. Making you happy is not our job.
For the past few months I was functioning just because I didn't want to make a fuss or upset anyone. I was observing myself moving lower and lower on their priority list. AND THATS OKAY. Really. But...

If your only purpose is living for someone who is free to leave any moment it feels like dying every time it actually happens.

I'm really stupid.
I don't think any of that or you are stupid in the least. You just regret something you said. I have done that exact same thing multiple times. It's part of the process, right? That's separate from wanting to exit, which I totally get. :)
Living for others is a false ideal that others talk about because they think it increases their social capital. In reality all they can think of is getting the fuck away from each other. 90% of neurotypicals mental energy is expended on simply deceiving the people they claim to "live for." They find it "exciting".

Don't feel bad. It's just a big practical joke they all play on each other. We all fall for it, at some point.
I love your raw perspective and language.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot