Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
Yesterday was the worst day of my life. My poor, sweet cat - the cat which saved me from crippling depression and suicidal ideation 13 years ago - she was diagnosed with cancer. She has approximately 3-6 months to live, give or take, depending on whether we can even go down the route of treatment.

I'm so sad to my core. She's the other half that keeps my heart whole.

I'm sure people without pets wouldn't understand but she has been the foundation of my life for the last 13 years and throughout the hardest times I've managed to continue to pull myself up and keep going because of her. I can't imagine life without her. I don't want my sweet baby to pass away. I won't be able to keep trying without her.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Emmie, Brokensaddle, not-2-b-the-answer and 18 others
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I'm so so sorry 😢
I can imagine it hurts so much, that you have such a bond with her
I'm sure she's had a wonderful life with you and knows she's loved
I hope she can live happily for as long as possible with you
What's your cat's name?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brokensaddle, emptymiku, pole and 3 others
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I feel you...it was the same with me and my cat. She passed away in 2018 due to kidney cancer. It was suddenly discovered and then after 1 week she was pts...
It hurts like hell. She was the only living being that took care of me and loved me even at my lowest.
I hope your precious cat will recover, looks like you still have quite some time so that's very good. Work with the vets and do your research as well if you can. Wishing all the best for her.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brokensaddle, pole, Mr. Incapable and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Yesterday was the worst day of my life. My poor, sweet cat - the cat which saved me from crippling depression and suicidal ideation 13 years ago - she was diagnosed with cancer. She has approximately 3-6 months to live, give or take, depending on whether we can even go down the route of treatment.

I'm sure people without pets wouldn't understand but she has been the foundation of my life for the last 13 years and throughout the hardest times I've managed to continue to pull myself up and keep going because of her. I can't imagine life without her. I don't want my sweet baby to pass away. I won't be able to keep trying without her.
I have had cats that I felt the same way about. I completely understand. I want to gently suggest something and I know how hard this is to hear but it comes from someone who loves and adores all cats and has rescued cats and worked with them at animal shelters:

The cat is no doubt suffering and will soon at some point stop eating as that is the normal, natural way cat's bodies shut down to prepare for death. It is the kindest, most loving thing you can do for them to spare them all suffering, it's a gift you can give them if you put them to sleep by a vet. The very drugs we as humans are denied for a peaceful death are available for cats. Let your cat have this gift please of an easy peaceful death by a vet. And do it before the real pain and suffering starts, as that is torture, to die of cancer. The pain is unbearable and cannot be stopped. It's your last gift to your precious friend.

If you ask some vets, call around to some, you may be lucky enough to find one that will come to your home to do it. Let it be fast and easy and peaceful for your cat please.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TapeMachine, Mr. Incapable, Joarga and 2 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I have lost three of my cats in my lifetime. It is one of the hardest things I ever had to go through or live. I still cry sometimes remembering them. I will forever miss them. Its like losing someone we love, the scar never goes away.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, Mr. Incapable, Joarga and 2 others
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022

I relate to this so much. You've described how I feel about my dog, whom I said goodbye to 3 weeks ago. She had kidney failure. The worst thing to ever happen to me was losing her. I've also had bonds like this with a few cats who passed of old age a few years ago. My pets saved my life daily, over & over. They were my reason to keep going. Big big hugs. I wish I could take the pain away.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pole and Mr. Incapable
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Thanks for the messages.

I'm living in a true nightmare now - she's the only thing that bought happiness to my life and now I fear I'll never feel happy, content nor have a reason to continue living. As I said before, she's my foundation and the other half of my heart.

I'm sorry to hear others have experienced the same pain and I commend you for your courage to continue living despite your loss. My poor, sweet cat also has cancer in her kidney. I can't believe how quickly things have progressed. Last week she was fine, but now she's barely even eating and spending most of her time resting in her base. We have another appointment with the vet tomorrow so we will see what that outcomes gives us..

I already know in the depth of my heart I won't be able to live without her. I'm going to do my best to try and be happy for her, while I still have her, but the day she goes is the day my life becomes meaningless.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: emptymiku, FadingShadows, ForgottenAgain and 3 others
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Cats are wonderful 😊 they never argue and are always loving 🏵️

• Love
Reactions: FadingShadows and Chronicoverwhelm
figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
So sorry to hear that. A part of us really dies when our furry fried goes.I've got 2 dogs for quite a while now. One actually had cancer but somehow lived through it (The vet used to call him highlander). There's nothing that can fill that hole left by them, 2 pf them literally saved me from suicide.I know this sounds ridiculous but Itry and findnanother furry friend almost immediately, it helps me through the darkest ours. In any case, I always say that our dogs are eternal, they'll never die. I'm not spiritualist nor anything of the kind, but I feel they're somewhere watching for us. I hope you enjoy her company until it's time. If you need someone to vent to about this, I'm happy to hear you.

• Love
Reactions: pole
suicidalgirl96

suicidalgirl96

Oct 10, 2023
I am so sorry to hear 💔 cats are so wonderful. I have guinea pigs and when my oldest passed away I really, really struggled. It's like a piece of you is missing. They help us carry on for their sake.
As much as you are very lucky to have her it sounds like she is just as lucky to have you. You sound like a wonderful parent. I'm sure you've given her an amazing life.
I will be thinking of you both and I wish your beautiful, sweet baby nothing but love, comfort and happiness in her remaining time with you.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Animals are the most caring, innocent beings.

• Love
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm and Mr. Incapable
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for the messages.

I'm living in a true nightmare now - she's the only thing that bought happiness to my life and now I fear I'll never feel happy, content nor have a reason to continue living. As I said before, she's my foundation and the other half of my heart.

I'm sorry to hear others have experienced the same pain and I commend you for your courage to continue living despite your loss. My poor, sweet cat also has cancer in her kidney. I can't believe how quickly things have progressed. Last week she was fine, but now she's barely even eating and spending most of her time resting in her base. We have another appointment with the vet tomorrow so we will see what that outcomes gives us..

I already know in the depth of my heart I won't be able to live without her. I'm going to do my best to try and be happy for her, while I still have her, but the day she goes is the day my life becomes meaningless.
So sorry to hear about the cancer...
I feel everything you said, it is so deeply hard to deal with... One thing I want to mention is that you clearly love her to the moon and back and you care for her more than anyone. That's a one in a lifetime affection that a living being can feel and I'm sure your cat is forever grateful for having you as her best friend and owner.
No matter what happens, she will always appreciate everything you've done for her and all that you mean to her. Huge hugs for you and your cat, please send a message if you ever want to chat, you're not alone 😢🫂

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Incapable
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
I lost her today. My heartbreak is immeasurable. I feel so cold and lonely without my sweet cat beside me. Nothing is important to me anymore. I lost my soulmate. Welcome to the worst day of my life.

I hope I join her soon.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: anxious_depressive, ForgottenAgain, voyager and 2 others
supergip

supergip

A strange person.
May 13, 2023
I'm sorry, I had the same experience a month later, from day to day he stopped eating, 2 days later he started bleeding, on the third day he died.
I love him, the most affectionate, most aggressive, and most intelligent cat I've ever had. I love Satan's Kid, his name.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Mr. Incapable and pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I lost her today. My heartbreak is immeasurable. I feel so cold and lonely without my sweet cat beside me. Nothing is important to me anymore. I lost my soulmate. Welcome to the worst day of my life.

I hope I join her soon.
I'm so sorry.

I hope she crossed the rainbow bridge peacefully and that she's in a better place somewhere with lots of her favourite treats, playing with other cats. I also hope you get to meet her again one day.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, ForgottenAgain, Mr. Incapable and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Sorry to hear this.

Cats are awesome.

• Love
Reactions: voyager and Mr. Incapable
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Sorry about your kitty. 😔 cats are such soothing companions.

• Love
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I'm sorry for your loss 😢 my cat is my world and is good company for loneliness and suffering.

• Love
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019

I hope I join her soon.
I'm sorry, didn't think it would be that quick.

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Incapable
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Thanks for the messages. The support is making me cry.

Her cancer was too rapid. We were meant to start chemotherapy and steroids today but she has an awful turn last night and became very physically weak. She hadn't eaten for days and became wobbly on her feet. I tried to do everything I could for her and I wanted to fight for her but it was too much for her little body. The vet said it was unlikely she would make it over the weekend if I took her home so I had to make the decision for her. I couldn't let her suffer.. I couldn't bring her home.

I cuddled and kissed her for a precious hour until it was time, and I held her on my lap as I sobbed while she slipped away.

I'll never get over this kind of heartache. She was my everything.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, anxious_depressive and ForgottenAgain
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023

I hope I join her soon.
I'm so sorry for your loss 💔
I hope your cat had a peaceful and swift sleep. I know it's excruciating...if you feel like letting your emotions out, please do so. I know I cried histerically for days...thought I would explode if I didn't.

I hope you can find some comfort in how you were the person of her life, and feel, even if just a tiny bit, proud of how much you gave her.

I wish you as much peace as possible... Take your time to mourn her, as that is so hard and important. Best wishes 😢
Thanks for the messages. The support is making me cry.

Her cancer was too rapid. We were meant to start chemotherapy and steroids today but she has an awful turn last night and became very physically weak. She hadn't eaten for days and became wobbly on her feet. I tried to do everything I could for her and I wanted to fight for her but it was too much for her little body. The vet said it was unlikely she would make it over the weekend if I took her home so I had to make the decision for her. I couldn't let her suffer.. I couldn't bring her home.

I cuddled and kissed her for a precious hour until it was time, and I held her on my lap as I sobbed while she slipped away.

I'll never get over this kind of heartache. She was my everything.
I just saw your update and it's uncanny how similar it is to my situation... Also very fast, seeing her wobble, the vet saying she wouldn't take it for much longer and me deciding for her after spending some hours trying to hand feed her and sing to her. All she did was purr while looking me in the eyes...

I saw the moment her life ended as I was looking at her saying I love her when the vet gave her the shot.

You did all you could, you were her perfect person and soul mate. I hope your cat and my Daisy are playing together, running free of illness and thinking about us while they purr and take lazy naps.
There are no words to describe the moment they're gone and that moment is ingrained in our minds forever...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
FadingShadows

FadingShadows

always a nightmare, never a dream
Sep 10, 2023
I am so, so sorry. The day I found SaSu (though I didn't make an account immediately; for a while I was just lurking) was shortly after my nineteen-year-old cat, who'd been with me literally since she was born, passed while I was away for the weekend, and due to family bullshit I didn't, still don't, and may never have her remains. Losing her at all was bad enough, but I'd always taken at least a little comfort in having been promised that no matter how much it cost, she'd be cremated so that I could have her with me no matter where I go (as it's unlikely I'll stay I am now for good or ever come back once I'm gone, and I can't bear the thought of leaving her), and even though I've had suicidal ideations my entire life, it's having potentially lost that, too, that finally pushed me far enough over the edge to start seriously looking at methods. Desperate, stupid methods that wouldn't have gotten me on the bus but would have made my life in general even worse, so I have SaSu to thank both for saving me from that and for giving me better alternatives if/when I'm ready to use them, because I still don't know if I can go on. My entire life's been a landfill fire, but the past few years have been like someone's pouring gasoline on it and throwing in tires. I still have my other cat and my guinea pig and I don't want to abandon them, particularly not to the situation I'm in right now, but piggie's a very, very old piggie and I'm not sure how much longer she'll be around herself, and I know my ex would take boy cat if I absolutely couldn't hold on anymore (he was "ours", whereas girl cat was just mine, and we've discussed it before, so that's the one thing I feel secure in). My dog went right about a year ago and her decline was horrible to watch (she crossed over at home a couple of days before what would have been her final visit to the vet, but I wasn't there for her, either; my mom was, but she was MY dog, and I should have been there), but girl cat hadn't shown any signs that her time was up even as old as she was, and she was my soul, and I just don't know if I can. I know she wouldn't actually be in the box, I know her spirit is free and waiting for me, but I'm a person who needs tangible connections because of how messed up my mind is after the years of wrong meds and wrong treatments and all the trauma from that and everything else, I can't always hold on to things mentally.

Anyway I'm sorry for rambling on in your thread; I just wanted to let you know that you very much aren't alone in "this" being the end of the rope (metaphorical or actual, heh), even if there are people in the world who wouldn't understand having this level of devastation over "just an animal" (I am honestly crying my eyes out for you and her while I'm writing this). I don't know how you feel about religion, but I hope you won't be offended if I pray for her soul to be met with one of the gentle guides to help her find her way on the other side. 💔

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, voyager and Mr. Incapable
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I'm so so sorry.
Pets /animals are so wonderful.
At least she had a great life with you and had all the love and care you gave her. Try to hold on to that if you can. I know its so hard.

• Love
A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
Hi .
I know what you mean.

I'm so sorry about your cat.
Our pets are like family to us.

I lost my cat 6 years ago and I miss him very much every day.
The pain of losing him is still there.

I hope our pets are in a better world and no more suffering.

Hugs to you.

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Incapable and voyager
MelancholyDolly

MelancholyDolly

Lolita ♡ I am a human doll
Oct 28, 2023
I'm so sorry for your loss, cats are wonderful companions and I'm sure yours fought till the very end to stay with you <3 My cat of almost a decade died suddenly over a year ago. It was one of the worst pains I've ever experienced, I still see her shadow sometimes and remember her favorite resting spots.. I don't know how I made it without her, but I just thought I wanted someone to remember her existence.

• Hugs
MidnightCat

MidnightCat

Still 3 more lives to go.
Jan 1, 2023
I grew up alone in the house. My parents where always working. I had no friends since we kept moving...

But my cat was always there. I met her when I was 3... And we where inseparable. She was my all. She died when I was 21. It hurted. It hurted even more because I asked to hug her while vet was...

That split second when her body became lifeless... It broke me. It still does. I still miss her and this was 10 years ago.

I miss you, Tolouse.

Sorry for what's happening... Try to make his life a little happier now that the end is near.

• Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, voyager, Mr. Incapable and 1 other person