Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
One of my first memories ever is my father, looking like a monster, breaking a chair. I was so young, and was so scared because of the noise and the way he looked like a monster. Even now, I tremble over any small noise, I'm constantly vigilant because of everything I went through at such a young age... it was always like this when he was mad. Things breaking, making loud noises, cry noises... My father was bipolar, not a bad person, but bipolar... it was very difficult to me to understand that he truly loved me, because one day he was so kind to me and all of a sudden... a monster. I understand now, but back then, I didn't feel loved enough. Then, he died, and things didn't get any better. Actually, it got worse, because my mother (who already had a fragile mental health, just wasn't as aggressive as him) became worse, affecting me for all these years. A different kind of violence. She's not a bad person either, just mentally ill. I love my parents, but being their child is torture... what comforts me is that my pain will be over someday, and I feel this day approaching. I can't wait to be free and never thinking about anything again. I want to rest, I didn't do anything to deserve all of this, and please let me say that none of us did. You can trust these words. :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, demuic, Pookie and 9 others
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Thats heart breaking. My own mental health issues have made me convince myself to never get married or have kids if I live long enough (I do hope I ctb soon tho). Why bring more misery to this world by procreating.

• Love
Reactions: KlMeNw, Élégie, demuic and 3 others
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
Thats heart breaking. My own mental health issues have made me convince myself to never get married or have kids if I live long enough (I do hope I ctb soon tho). Why bring more misery to this world by procreating.
Having kids is probably one of the most selfish acts supported by society (along with the "fear of the end of the human race", like... is that supposed to sound bad? lol)

Reactions: KlMeNw, Élégie, demuic and 2 others
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
I can relate. My mom is also bipolar. She is insufurable. I've developed these defense mechanism against her abuse that severely impacts my ability to function properly. I understand that she is sick, but I fucking hate her. I despise her more than anything in the world. Can't wait for me to build up some courage and then off myself so I'll never have to deal with that fucking bitch ever again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and Birdie
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
I can relate. My mom is also bipolar. She is insufurable. I've developed these defense mechanism against her abuse that severely impacts my ability to function properly. I understand that she is sick, but I fucking hate her. I despise her more than anything in the world. Can't wait for me to build up some courage and then off myself so I'll never have to deal with that fucking bitch ever again.
I'm so sorry, you don't deserve this. You'll be okay.

Reactions: ZardozOmega
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
me neither. hurt to realize

• Hugs
Reactions: Birdie